Login

russian armor

Radio Intercept

Neo
20 Feb 2014, 19:38 PM

Noone cared about the ability when it was in a shit commander, but now that its in a good commanfer its game breaking? I disagree with this train of thought.

Actually, no one cared about the ability even when it was on a good commander (the one with double t34/85s and IS2).

That's because until the last patch, most Soviet players absolutely had to play elite infantry (guards or shocks) to compete with upgunned grens and pgrens.

Now that conscripts can compete with German infantry, this ability is attracting attention. All that needs to happen here is a 15-30 muni cost increase for the PPSH upgrade and this conversation would be over.
20 Feb 2014, 19:47 PM

I think the increase in price of the PPSH would be an awful idea.
20 Feb 2014, 20:04 PM

Nerfing after two day of this patch? Nerf become sport for some peoples.
20 Feb 2014, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 17:02 PMPorygon

I find you are really the Soviet Nullist after all. All you did is trolling. <444>_<444>

That was sarcasm.
20 Feb 2014, 22:09 PM

Well, comparing it to the recon plane is a bit ridiculous and showing the whole army, hardly. The partisan map hack ability is the broken one that shows all units to everyone for 10-12 seconds while the G43 shows it for like 2-4 seconds? Again, I hardly ever use the g43 ability because it doesn't even work a majority of the time. I think radio shouldn't tell you where mines are placed, but I'm fine with it telling the other player if I placed the mine so he can actually invest in minesweepers. Get my point?

Is the interrogation ability on Partisan commander a different one? Because if its not then all you got is a note of what's been built and occasional ping on mini map. It doesn't show units location.
Regarding mines being revealed. You get ping on mini map so it's not that you know exact location and it's easy to miss the ping as well.
Neo
20 Feb 2014, 22:15 PM

I think the increase in price of the PPSH would be an awful idea.

Because?
20 Feb 2014, 22:17 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Test it more. If testing it more it turns out to overperform we could eventually suggest to give just buildings built information and not units built.
20 Feb 2014, 22:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Placement of bunkers and mines should not be given out. Imo eeven when mine is finished it should not be given out. Only buildings and units finished is enough.

One thing I really hate is that it usually drowns in useless information, I don't want to see ANOTHER notification the enemy is capping a point and that I secured one. The voice lines and minimap provide enough information for that. Please let us modify which notification show!
20 Feb 2014, 22:38 PM

Placement of bunkers and mines should not be given out. Imo even when a bunker or mine is finished it should not be given out. Only buildings and units finished is enough.

One thing I really hate is that it usually drowns in useless information, I don't want to see ANOTHER notification the enemy is capping a point and that I secured one. The voice lines and minimap provide enough information for that. Please let us modify which notification show!

Bunkers are buildings are they not?

Id be okay with mines, barbed wire, trenches, and tank traps (lol) not showing up. But buildings (including bunkers) and units should be shown.
20 Feb 2014, 22:38 PM

[...]One thing I really hate is that it usually drowns in useless information, I don't want to see ANOTHER notification the enemy is capping a point and that I secured one. The voice lines and minimap provide enough information for that. Please let us modify which notification show!

I think that what's makes it balanced as you have to pick useful information from the crapy ones.
20 Feb 2014, 22:49 PM

Test it more. If testing it more it turns out to overperform we could eventually suggest to give just buildings built information and not units built.

That's a terrible idea. Telling what units are built is the whole point and that wouldn't even tell you if call-ins are coming.

If it needs a nerf at most it should just not give defensive structure pings.
20 Feb 2014, 23:27 PM

Permanently Banned

That's a terrible idea. Telling what units are built is the whole point and that wouldn't even tell you if call-ins are coming.

If it needs a nerf at most it should just not give defensive structure pings.

it is a legal maphack now, shows what units enemy have, you can plan your flanks if you know there will be max 2 hmg,+ it shows mines lool..., it didnot shown in old patches or probably germans didnot built mine fields or didnot use that NKDV doctrine.

Btw, enemy goes to t2 , they will have coutner against flame HT, + for another 20muni they get maphack for 15 sec.(sovie at gun vet1 ability- 1 min cd)
20 Feb 2014, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 23:27 PMakosi

it is a legal maphack now, shows what units enemy have, you can plan your flanks if you know there will be max 2 hmg,+ it shows mines lool..., it didnot shown in old patches or probably germans didnot built mine fields or didnot use that NKDV doctrine.

Btw, enemy goes to t2 , they will have coutner against flame HT, + for another 20muni they get maphack for 15 sec.(sovie at gun vet1 ability- 1 min cd)

German equivalent - Interrogation techniques is a real "legal map hack" as it actually does reveals where the units are. All you have to do is to pick a wounded guy and click ability on him. Do that every skirmish and suddenly you know everything your opponent does.
Why don't we talk about this one for a while?
20 Feb 2014, 23:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 22:15 PMNeo

Because?

Because remember when they were 20 muni?
During all that time, since release, till 10 muni cost they were STRONGER then current 3x.

I don't remember a single post complaining about old ppsh and if there was no complaining back then, then complaining now is not valid as well.

3ppsh allow cons to scale into late game and still are weaker then when they costed 20muni.

Which would make it even more useless then tank traps.
Can you really not see the stupidity of your suggestion?
20 Feb 2014, 23:58 PM

Permanently Banned
there were no complaining indead, because lmg-g43 was stonger too, remember when g43+lmg beated everything in vet3? it toke them to kill the whole ST about 5 sec...
21 Feb 2014, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 22:15 PMNeo

Because?

There are better ways to to balance it out.

There is a thread already on it:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/14325/ppsh-x3-aftermath-update
21 Feb 2014, 00:22 AM

I think the reason its suddenly a problem is bcoz German mines are now affordable, problem is they are now seen by an ability as well as signs everywhere. So even with the buff they are still useless LOL.

The Radio intercept ability is fine in my opinion.
21 Feb 2014, 00:25 AM

i suppose telling they can mirror it to the british one in vcoh?
21 Feb 2014, 08:18 AM

I think Radio Intercept is fine, like it is.. The problem I see is, that before You had to use not so universal commanders with it. Advanced Warfare Tactics has now everything what
a comrade needs.
21 Feb 2014, 08:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2014, 00:25 AMwongtp
i suppose telling they can mirror it to the british one in vcoh?

That would make it more OP then all the intelligence abilities combined.
Using radio triangulation was basically using map hack.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 21
unknown 3
United Kingdom 166
Germany 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %