Login

russian armor

SSSSS

22 Feb 2014, 04:37 AM

Well the new patch has arrived and unsurprisingly still no sniper fix. (And no, guards being 2 CP doesn`t matter. Guards are not the problem, they are actually rather weak and replaceable anyway.)

So enjoy some more of "countering" the snipers the old fashioned way (i.e. just bend over and take it) and don`t forget to type the GG afterwards.

22 Feb 2014, 10:08 AM

Permanently Banned
good luck for AC against Marcus car MVGAME
22 Feb 2014, 10:16 AM

Well the new patch has arrived and unsurprisingly still no sniper fix. (And no, guards being 2 CP doesn`t matter. Guards are not the problem, they are actually rather weak and replaceable anyway.)

So enjoy some more of "countering" the snipers the old fashioned way (i.e. just bend over and take it) and don`t forget to type the GG afterwards.

It might come up as a surprise to you, but if something is not broken, then it won't be fixed.
22 Feb 2014, 10:24 AM

Honestly the only thing I would like to see is the soviet sniper team reinforce cost getting increasesd to 180 from 90 menpower (which is the cost of 2 pgren reinforcements).

Since most of the time a lucky mortar/german counter snipe or even sometimes a lucky AT gun shots manage to hit one of the members. Which costs me 90 menpower to reinforce, while playing as germans I would have lost 360 men power.
22 Feb 2014, 10:37 AM

Honestly the only thing I would like to see is the soviet sniper team reinforce cost getting increasesd to 180 from 90 menpower (which is the cost of 2 pgren reinforcements).

Since most of the time a lucky mortar/german counter snipe or even sometimes a lucky AT gun shots manage to hit one of the members. Which costs me 90 menpower to reinforce, while playing as germans I would have lost 360 men power.

That makes as much sense as doubling 251 transport costs, because soviet M5 can die to a random teller mine while 251 will always survive soviet mine.

That would make it fair after all, right?
22 Feb 2014, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2014, 10:37 AMKatitof

That makes as much sense as doubling 251 transport costs, because soviet M5 can die to a random teller mine while 251 will always survive soviet mine.

Is the SdKfz 251 a 2 men entnity can be reinforced for half of its cost ? If yes then it should be also changed.
22 Feb 2014, 14:15 PM

Is the SdKfz 251 a 2 men entnity can be reinforced for half of its cost ? If yes then it should be also changed.

Well, its same survivability entity that can't die to a mine, while its counterpart can.
Can you see the analogy?
22 Feb 2014, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2014, 10:37 AMKatitof

Teller mine = 60 ammo

Soviet mine = 30 ammo

German sniper = 360 mp

Soviet sniper = 360 mp

As for the sniper war, the thing is they're equal only at higher skill level, where the German player can use micro, camo and vet ability to play around the disadvantage; at lower skill levels, it's very easy for the Soviet player to just a-move his sniper and not worry overmuch about it. 221 completely sucking doesn't help either.
22 Feb 2014, 17:53 PM

Teller mine = 60 ammo

Soviet mine = 30 ammo

German sniper = 360 mp

Soviet sniper = 360 mp

As for the sniper war, the thing is they're equal only at higher skill level, where the German player can use micro, camo and vet ability to play around the disadvantage; at lower skill levels, it's very easy for the Soviet player to just a-move his sniper and not worry overmuch about it. 221 completely sucking doesn't help either.

Soviet truck: 120mp 30fu.
German truck: 120mp 30fu.

Soviet one dies to 1 mine with 0 chance to survive, german one backs off with engine damage.

This is what you should compare instead of mine costs.
And if they are fine at higher skill level, then they are fine overall. You don't balance competitive RTS around medicore/bad players, you balance the games for high skill games, where balance matters most.

If you are at disadvantage because you're not good enough, then improve yourself.
Soviet sniper is safer ONLY against vet0 german sniper, otherwise its in just as much danger due to better and more accurate german weapons.

Snipers survivability is fine on both sides. Their killing power is also fine on both sides, at far range german sniper shoots twice as fast already after most recent nerf to soviet sniper.
22 Feb 2014, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2014, 17:53 PMKatitof

Soviet truck: 120mp 30fu.
German truck: 120mp 30fu.

Soviet one dies to 1 mine with 0 chance to survive, german one backs off with engine damage.

This is what you should compare instead of mine costs.
And if they are fine at higher skill level, then they are fine overall. You don't balance competitive RTS around medicore/bad players, you balance the games for high skill games, where balance matters most.

If you are at disadvantage because you're not good enough, then improve yourself.
Soviet sniper is safer ONLY against vet0 german sniper, otherwise its in just as much danger due to better and more accurate german weapons.

Snipers survivability is fine on both sides. Their killing power is also fine on both sides, at far range german sniper shoots twice as fast already after most recent nerf to soviet sniper.

And I'm saying the comparison is a useless one since the Teller mine, being twice as costly, can be expected to be better. Sniper teams both cost the same and shouldn't have a similar disparity in performance.

And my major problem is not sniper vs sniper (albeit the burden of micro being on the German player is kinda iffy) but that germans simply don't have a good counter to snipers early on. Infantry gets sniped, no good; mortars are pure RNG; 221 completely sucks; counter-sniping is way too risky before vet 1 arrives, and FHT arrives too late and is countered by any savvy Soviet player fairly fast. A buff to the 221 seems a logical solution to this, light vehicles should beat snipers handily, and a garrisoned M3 certainly does. Besides, Inciendiary round only works if both models in the squad are bunched up, and it's not like decent players will sit around their teams providing you with such opportunities.

Besides that, I think increasing the reinforcement cost of the sniper's 2nd man would be a viable nerf. Losing him should be a blow, since in equivalent situation a German sniper would likely be dead. 120 mp at least, and 180 would be acceptable too. You want a survivable sniper? Pay for it then.

And before you say anything about me being a biased fanboy, I play more Soviets than German.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★