Login

russian armor

Revitalizing the COH2 community?

16 Feb 2014, 23:38 PM

I don't neglect a single thing about the DLC situation. I just didn't bring it up because it's apparant enough. Hell do you think I like buying DLC? I payed enough for the game in pre order, did I want to see an abundance of stuff being thrown at me for a couple of months? Nope.

The game is more than DLC alone and there are enough threads here to prove that, core mechanics you know?

See here's the thing. I could sympathize with Relic's plight initially. Although incompetence is not necessarily my thing and, I feel there's plenty of that going around in Vancouver, I genuinely felt like the game was somewhat fixable if they appropriately allocated resources in order to address core issues which have been named by almost everyone here (chat rooms, input lag, etc etc etc etc).

Obviously that did not happen. The rhetoric from these developers is thick on smiley faces and rose gardens but lacks substance and, to be honest, vision. Instead, we got them asking us for more money in what seems to be a cash-grab.

MARK MY WORDS. They're going to patch the game and they're going to put out more dlc commanders and ask you for more money. The game will then be totally f'd, AGAIN, and the cycle will continue. Maybe Noun will tell you how awful the community has been at selling copies of coh2 because of the YouTube/Streamers again. I don't know. I can't think at that level of stupidity. The point is that this group is absolutely hopeless. People will slowly leave the game until a franchise that has endured almost a decade vanishes.
16 Feb 2014, 23:42 PM
Patrion 14

I'm glad you agree. I don't think coddling the dev team is doing the game or the community any good though. Let Relic make the excuses, we're the customers and should be keeping them honest.

Lol that dev team has seen more shit than you could possibly imagine. They know what's up, believe me.Is it so damn hard to await a patch and at least try to be hopefull?(and before you guys come up with,"but it's been seven whole months already and two months since the last one!!")Please, think about how complex all this is. Even for "a company that has all it's shit together".

It's easy to put up a rant behind your keyboard. If you're really so concerned about the state of the game, get on staff and get working on actual stuff rather than taking part in things that have been discussed a thousand times already.
17 Feb 2014, 00:05 AM

Get on staff? What kind of idiotic suggestion is that? I'm concern because I bought this product with the impression that it was going to be improved in short order.

Relic has had the time and resources to develop so much DLC that its cumulatively value it at 3x as much as the game its self (at $180+ for all the dlc). No matter how complicated you insist fixing bugs and balancing a game is, that is time they could have spent improving COH2.
17 Feb 2014, 00:10 AM
Patrion 14

Get on staff? What kind of idiotic suggestion is that? I'm concern because I bought this product with the impression that it was going to be improved in short order.

Relic has had the time and resources to develop so much DLC that its cumulatively value it at 3x as much as the game its self (at $180+ for all the dlc). No matter how complicated you insist fixing bugs and balancing a game is, that is time they could have spent improving COH2.

Yeah, and they apologised for it already and are working on other things than DLC now.
Anything more?

By getting on staff I meant getting more involved here,at COH2.ORG because 80% of your posts are already being discussed or had received an answer by Relic. So, I suggest stopping this utter senseless discussion here and you getting more informed about things.
17 Feb 2014, 00:26 AM

Well that's good to know. They've apologized, they're working on it, they're discussing it, they've addressed it to the community, they've done everything but actually fix it.

I just got here and 80% of my posts are already being discussed by Relic! My finger must be on the pulse of the community.
17 Feb 2014, 02:37 AM

Yeah, and they apologised for it already and are working on other things than DLC now.
Anything more?

By getting on staff I meant getting more involved here,at COH2.ORG because 80% of your posts are already being discussed or had received an answer by Relic. So, I suggest stopping this utter senseless discussion here and you getting more informed about things.

out of curiosity: when and where did they apologise? i don't remember any of this...

As for "give them time": most core issues have been brought to relics attention i'd say about 14 months ago. A few things (all balance, no game design issues) have been somewhat corrected, while completely messing with the balance again by releasing DLC. Sure, getting balance into the game is not a big deal and only takes a bit of time... and two weeks later the next commander comes along and the story begins anew....

Na, since Alpha at the latest a lot of issues that still exist right now have been known and went unfixed. The opportunities were there, but the focus was not. Whether these changes will come eventually or not at all, only time will tell (You know Relics official answer to all of this: "We're looking into it.").
17 Feb 2014, 06:23 AM

Anything more?

When they said that? Maybe in any secret forum because I didn't see a word of Relic about DLCs.
17 Feb 2014, 09:44 AM

Well that's good to know. They've apologized, they're working on it, they're discussing it, they've addressed it to the community, they've done everything but actually fix it.

I just got here and 80% of my posts are already being discussed by Relic! My finger must be on the pulse of the community.

Or you're extremely uninformed and don't talk about anything that wasn't covered at least 10 times already.

@Greeb
This forums, back in early December.
When one is so attached to bad things, he go blind on good ones.
17 Feb 2014, 09:49 AM
Patrion 14

Here's an idea for revitalizing the community - open up your secret 'elite' forum where all the hardcore 'real' community members get their input fast-tracked. Then the second class peasants schlepping around these forums, where I suggest the 'real' community members come to take a dump and whine, might help it become one community.

The legacy of cliques and back-biting is only reinforced by a not-very-secret forum only for a self-appointed 'real vCoH' fans.
17 Feb 2014, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2014, 09:44 AMKatitof

@Greeb
This forums, back in early December.
When one is so attached to bad things, he go blind on good ones.

Or probably I've a life and I can't read every day this forum.

Even so, I would be grateful if someone could link or paste here that apology.
(I only read some kind of apology for the poor balance of the DLC, not about the DLC itself or any word about delaying future DLCs)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★