Login

russian armor

Blitzkrieg Needs to Overheat

7 Feb 2014, 05:34 AM

If the T34's ram has been nerfed to high hell and beyond (unless blessed by the RNG gods), it doesn't make any sense the Blitzkrieg ability doesn't overheat after use. Every ability is a gamble and has a caveat, a explosive can miss, focus slows SU85 down; Blitzkrieg NEEDS to overheat after use. It's the only active non-passive unit ability that is all Pro and no Con.
7 Feb 2014, 05:40 AM

It's the only active non-passive unit ability that is all Pro and no Con.

lol
7 Feb 2014, 06:35 AM

Its an ability that you have to unlock through vet and it costs munitions. Even if purchased by elite troops it costs resources to purchase and resources to use. RAM is free and so is the SU85 scope.

I think this topic should be closed here.
7 Feb 2014, 07:04 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2014, 06:35 AMSmaug
Its an ability that you have to unlock through vet and it costs munitions. Even if purchased by elite troops it costs resources to purchase and resources to use. RAM is free and so is the SU85 scope.

+1
7 Feb 2014, 07:19 AM

If the T34's ram has been nerfed to high hell and beyond (unless blessed by the RNG gods)...

So on top of everything, this is all purely hypothetical? Or are you actually saying the ability that will debilitate a German tank with a destroyed main gun in tandem with engine damage is what you qualify as "nerfed to high hell"?

Yep, one more vote for thread close.
7 Feb 2014, 08:31 AM

I think the argument that just because it's a vet ability, means it can never have a drawback, or made more situational, is silly. And that goes for a whole lot of other vet abilities too.

But I'm undecided if blitz needs anything right now, especially since tank smoke got a cost added.

And there's a whole lot of other, sillier threads that weren't closed. So the best thing to do to get a thread moved into obscurity is to just not reply to it, no matter how it might offend you.
7 Feb 2014, 08:39 AM

Its a little bit to much of a 'get out of jail for free' (or very little ammo) type of ability, for my taste.

But then again I don't like many abilities and 'call ins' (ram being one of them)

I do think the OP has a point tho, Blitz is extremely cheap and reliable with no drawback of any sort for using it.

7 Feb 2014, 08:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

maybe make the engine slow down temporarily after using it, like fire up.

it is the only way i think you can nerf it without ruining its advanatages espeically considering it's a vet 1 ability. like giving it engine damage afterwards would make it useless for anything but retreating.
7 Feb 2014, 08:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2014, 06:35 AMSmaug

Ram is not free, since you will lose tank that costs a lot of manpower and fuel in attempt to kill tank that costs more. Well, against most decent players anyway. Or opponent might evade ram, and you just lost yourself a lot of manpower and fuel with nothing to show for.

You make it sound as if T34 comes away without a scratch after using ram ability.

Scope has count down timer, so once its up SU85 is very vulnerable to counter attack from which it cannot really escape. Like blitzckrieg ability for example
7 Feb 2014, 08:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2014, 08:45 AMWiFiDi
maybe make the engine slow down temporarily after using it, like fire up.

it is the only way i think you can nerf it without ruining its advanatages espeically considering it's a vet 1 ability. like giving it engine damage afterwards would make it useless for anything but retreating.

My personal opinion is:

I love Blitzkrieg ability, and I think its great reward for getting to vet1, etc.

But it should be used offensively, not as a 'get out of jail card'.

Disable ability once the tank's health goes under 25-30% health.

I think that would make it great ability

What do you think?

(engine damage after makes it a little bit to much punishment for not that much benefit really, in my opinion)
7 Feb 2014, 09:13 AM

I do also think it's a bit too good, but there are bigger concerns to be addressed. I wouldn't mind if the duration is halved, as it lasts too long. Or if the speed boost is reduced, that would be fine as well.
7 Feb 2014, 09:21 AM
Donator 22

they already "nerfed" blitzkrieg. It was a 'get out of jail for free' card, with engine damage+blitz+smoke. Now the ability is disabled, after an engine damage and thats fine imo
7 Feb 2014, 10:19 AM

If the T34's ram has been nerfed to high hell and beyond (unless blessed by the RNG gods), it doesn't make any sense the Blitzkrieg ability doesn't overheat after use. Every ability is a gamble and has a caveat, a explosive can miss, focus slows SU85 down; Blitzkrieg NEEDS to overheat after use. It's the only active non-passive unit ability that is all Pro and no Con.

Overheat has been added as a form of defense against Ram. Your defense against blitz is AT nade available on every Conscript squad. I don't see a valid reason for adding another defense mechanic to it not to forget that the whole you get from Blitz is mobility so in my opinion adding a heavy stun at the end is kind of contradicting the ability itself.
7 Feb 2014, 13:08 PM

Permanently Banned
Need nerf the magic grenades that always stop the tank...
7 Feb 2014, 13:18 PM

AT Nades are the defence against Blitz.

The ability is fine.
7 Feb 2014, 14:08 PM

The only change I would like to see with blitzkrieg is a reduction of its duration.
7 Feb 2014, 14:16 PM

I'd like to see global ability "Blitzkrieg" like it was in CoH1 because it was much more cooler that single ability for german armour now
7 Feb 2014, 14:53 PM

Overheat has been added as a form of defense against Ram. Your defense against blitz is AT nade available on every Conscript squad. I don't see a valid reason for adding another defense mechanic to it not to forget that the whole you get from Blitz is mobility so in my opinion adding a heavy stun at the end is kind of contradicting the ability itself.

Using Russian at nades to stop a blitzing kitty is like trying to put out a wildfire with a water balloon. If that is supposed to be the defense against vin diesel now would it be too much to ask to up the penetration on at nades so that the chance to disable anything larger than a half track is ~ equal to that of the faust?

Personally id like to see a reduction in duration or top speed bonus on blitz as it really is a bit over the top how it is at the moment.
7 Feb 2014, 14:58 PM

Permanently Banned

lol

same reaction here
7 Feb 2014, 15:18 PM

Food for thought ... Maybe make blitz the inverse of the su sight. So whereas the sight boosts offensive power at the cost mobility blitz could provide a mobility boost while nerfing offense. Maybe double duration between shots on the main gun while the ablity is active?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 60
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment