Login

russian armor

Blackness around the playable area

6 Feb 2014, 12:53 PM
Donator 11

So I set up the map size exactly the same as shown in onkolsam's tutorial and i placed objects, slines etc outside of the playable area, but when I go test play the map, its just black there. Can't see a thing. Any ideas?

6 Feb 2014, 13:17 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

You have to increase the size of the soft unplayable area which you have already painted in.
It's good to have enough of this soft unplayable area to cover the view if the game camera is moved against the border at default height & angle.

You can test this in the editor by going "View -> Snap Camera On Playable Area"
6 Feb 2014, 13:27 PM
Donator 11

So how do I paint the soft unplayable area? Only painted the territories and the interactivity stage so far.
6 Feb 2014, 13:43 PM

yo. use the tool thats just right of the TER tool, the icon looks like a dotted line square thing. set the value to 50 and paint a 32m edge around your map. This 32m wide border will be the your true map boundary. The only units that will go there will be units that are initially entering the map.

I see you have the boundary drawn out using the dotted line marker spline, now just use the actual tool to mark it up.
6 Feb 2014, 13:48 PM
Donator 11

Already did that, I still have the spline there as a reference line. The real boundry is also visible on the ingame pic if you look closely.
6 Feb 2014, 13:57 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Interactivity state painting is same as soft unplayable area. Pardon me for using a confusing nickname.
6 Feb 2014, 14:08 PM
Donator 11

thx for the help guys, I found the error. As you can see on this pic, the soft playable area is bigger on the north side of the map than on the south side(minimap), which makes you not able to see the unplayble area unless you change the camera angle.

With the soft unplayable area set to 32m you can slightly see the unplayable area, which im not used to from relic maps, so it cought my eye ;)
(No offence to onclesam, awesome tutorials!)
6 Feb 2014, 15:39 PM

you can always use the stamp tool to stamp your map onto a bigger terrain to fix the problem
6 Feb 2014, 16:25 PM

Ever played Steppes? you can see the black area without changing the camera angle. there is nothing bad about it. it's just a matter of aesthetics ^.^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★