Login

russian armor

Elite Mod Continues - Version 2.2+

PAGES (9)down
2 Jul 2014, 17:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2014, 22:38 PMPepsi

3 rifles 1 ranger, rifles foward mines, foward medbunker, early blitz nades, early zeal...

Ye but these strategies aren't any weaker because of later cp usage?
2 Jul 2014, 18:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2014, 17:35 PM12ocky

Ye but these strategies aren't any weaker because of later cp usage?

Essentially it means that they get a disadvantage for being chosen earlier, cuz then in comes armour, and pretty hard to tackle calliopes with kt
4 Jul 2014, 13:45 PM

Essentially it means that they get a disadvantage for being chosen earlier, cuz then in comes armour, and pretty hard to tackle calliopes with kt

???
You choose an ability early cause you think you are able to get good use out of it. With forward medbunkers use defensive doctrine for example. See that early game Wehr blob, use strafe ... etc. It really isn't disadvantageous to pick a doctrine when you can use it.

Just played a game Blitz vs Armor (Purlictor) Armor is still the weakest doctrine.

Anyways play the game (and see how small this change really is), if Calliope comes too fast we can always increase it a cp up again.
8 Jul 2014, 01:56 AM

Changing the CPs is silly- you're changing it because it's not logical rather than because it's bad for balance. It's a small change, but by upsetting it there are so many other things affected.
8 Jul 2014, 22:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2014, 01:56 AMTommy
Changing the CPs is silly- you're changing it because it's not logical rather than because it's bad for balance. It's a small change, but by upsetting it there are so many other things affected.

I truly believe logic is a great tool to create proper gameplay. (Although it is a fun breaker sometimes aswell)

Well the worst consequence balancewise is that it could be a Terror buff.
But really the CP change is not really noticeable. Just overrated panicking theorycrafting because the numbers look big.
My only true worry in elite mod is the Stuh, not changed that much in the end, slight damage nerf, projectile set to fire in a straight line, scatter comparable to standard tank: but it seems too good at clearing ATG's.

Btw fixes to make:
* Wehr Mortar reinforce cost to 0.4x (from 0.3x)
* KCH still have assault grenades
* Mortars fix Hardpoints so veterancy applies both to barrages and free fire (/attack ground) modus
* Squad AI still isn't perfect (I'm not going to change things in this area, maybe Kolaris still might?)
* Increase US sniper vet from 8/16/32 to 10/20/40 (final nerf to snipers)

28 Jul 2014, 20:57 PM

Also i think you should take a look at the 57 atg, its aiming time is slighty higher than the PAK. It should be the same imo.

Also, i was thinking about the Flame Halftrack upgrade, what if you could buy it in T2 but it would require some fuel to do it, like 15-20, thus delaying T3.

Great job with the mortars, now they are worth using them, makes me wonder if 4 man crew AT's would be a good ideea also.
29 Jul 2014, 14:01 PM

Also i think you should take a look at the 57 atg, its aiming time is slighty higher than the PAK. It should be the same imo.

Also, i was thinking about the Flame Halftrack upgrade, what if you could buy it in T2 but it would require some fuel to do it, like 15-20, thus delaying T3.

Great job with the mortars, now they are worth using them, makes me wonder if 4 man crew AT's would be a good ideea also.

- I just took a look the aiming times are the same: 0
BUT, the 57mm indeed has a slower tracking speed: (at which the gun move while aiming)
Good catch

- Well it's not a bad idea, (it could also be this way for the LMG). But i'm not sure if that wouldn't break balance. And it's a dangerous chance for it to do so, that could potentially mean Wehr doesn't have to tech beyond Tier 2.
I'm trying to buff the Flammenwerfer so it has meaningful ways in Tier 3. Like I'm even going to tone down the buff a bit, cause sometimes it's overperforming. Problem is: Flamethrowers are still really random.
Like if they were a lot of people testing this mod it's something I'd say: sure lets throw it in and see what it gives. But not a lot of people are testing.
That's why i'm reverting the CP changes aswell. People don't like it (although they didn't test it, and I think it would still be good).

- I've been considering this aswell. But there is no 'real need' to it. With the mortar it was necessary because you could lose the mortar if 2 guys died, while you can always recrew the ATG.
29 Jul 2014, 16:22 PM

Would it be possible to shut the friendly fire modifier ? So a nade is a nade for eveybody, as a stuh shoot. Not only the arties.
29 Jul 2014, 17:11 PM

Yes that is possible: it's called Can_harm_shooter

I might put it in, but doesn't it affect the gameplay around nades too much?

It's also possible to fire Panzerfausts out of houses what would people think of that?
29 Jul 2014, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 17:11 PM12ocky
Yes that is possible: it's called Can_harm_shooter

I might put it in, but doesn't it affect the gameplay around nades too much?

It's also possible to fire Panzerfausts out of houses what would people think of that?

I think he meant damage to friendly units in general, not self-damage from explosives.
Actually most AoE weapons do more damage to friendlies(which are enabled ofc), because it does full damage to them at every damage-range, while against enemies most AoE explosives decrease as AoE range increases.
30 Jul 2014, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 18:27 PMKiraye

I think he meant damage to friendly units in general, not self-damage from explosives.
Actually most AoE weapons do more damage to friendlies(which are enabled ofc), because it does full damage to them at every damage-range, while against enemies most AoE explosives decrease as AoE range increases.

I'm not sure about that tbh. Isn't it just an extra modifier?
Will have to test.

Anyways I was considering off putting it in with reduced damage to friendly units.

Friendly fire would mean waaaaay too much change. (far beyond the scope of this mod, and I've already gone too far.)

If we were to redesign the game from scratch then hell yeah I'd put it in. Despite all the changes I made, we're still very close to COH identity.
31 Jul 2014, 14:25 PM

1 Aug 2014, 09:20 AM

Do you think volks would scale better if they had the LMG unlocked at T3?
1 Aug 2014, 13:28 PM

Sure they would scale better, but they don't really need to.
1 Aug 2014, 14:14 PM
Donator 22

even nades, harming yourself would greatly change things, reducing their effectiveness a lot.
The idea of fausting out of a house is nice. I missed that.
In the same way, the ability of a sniper to hide in a house and not shoot.
2 Aug 2014, 11:38 AM

In the same way, the ability of a sniper to hide in a house and not shoot.

That would be great I guess. Making me think that fallsch should stay in houses when deployed and then you have to make them get out of the house.
8 Aug 2014, 01:56 AM

Posting latest version tomorrow / this weekend. (Just trying to smooth out a few kinks)

Look out for:

- Panzerfausts can be shot from buildings
- Grenades now do half the damage to friendly units including the throwers
- Mortar crew no longer suicides
- Strafing Run no longer has a no fly zone, accuracy vs HQ fixed
- Medic stations appear on mini maps
- Stuh nerfed vs ATG's
- US Halftracks can now have their 50 cal manned when already upgrading to Quad
- Assault Grenades ability reworked
- a bunch of smaller balance changes
8 Aug 2014, 06:44 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2014, 01:56 AM12ocky

- Panzerfausts can be shot from buildings

I think that it is not a good change.
8 Aug 2014, 21:24 PM

Well maybe it isn't, but overall it does make sense, it's not a throwable like stickies or grenades.
If the Volk (spam) (fhq start) is OP it comes from other reasons, such as low reinforce costs.

But why do you think it's not a good idea?

It's really easy to say good / bad to something without even clarifying your thoughts or give any reason.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS