Login

russian armor

video of how broken shocks are.

PAGES (7)down
3 Feb 2014, 17:39 PM
Donator 11

So I have tried explaining how broken shock troops are but usually some soviet player replies with "no you just suck" or "replay or it didnt happen" so i decided to just record the thing because most wont bother with a replay anyway.

For the record i won this fight and this game so this is not some rage about a loss but the video just shows you how ridiculous armor shock troops have and its basicly impossible to squad wipe them unless the soviet player isnt even trying. Just imagine Instead of my blob of soldiers i would have 2 squads in green cover and shocks charging them.. even with bad luck shocks will atleast break even. Shocks in their current form is a mockery of everything that is good about company is heroes

I know good counter such as snipers and FHT but still this is way over the top and this sort of ****ty gameplay belongs in dawn of war NOT in coh.

Link to the video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9-xWzGIt9E

This is a repost from the official forum that James Hale locked given no other reason than "No, no, no. Just no. Sorry." What is this?? why is moderators locking posts for no reason? IF you think you are protecting relic by locking negative posts about the game you are wrong.
3 Feb 2014, 17:46 PM

no snipers tough
3 Feb 2014, 18:04 PM

Kind of agree with the OP. I have similar experience with Shocks: if they managed to avoid your MG's (or worse, force off your MG42 with a lucky mortar hit or something) its basically retreat your whole army time.

You have to be extremely careful how you position your army as Germans, one mistake will cost u (very) dearly vs Shocks.

O and as a bonus: Sometimes a sovietplayer will rush my mg42 headon with Shocks. Usually when I see that I'm like "nice, don't worry be happy". And then the gunner of the mg42 dies to a crit, the 2nd man crawls his way to the gun and before he reaches it the Shocks are now behind the mg. Think u can retreat? Think again! Goodbye MG42, it was nice having you!

Worst thing is as Germans if u lose an MG42 like that, its almost always over. So frustrating!
3 Feb 2014, 18:06 PM

And if they get hold of one panzerschreck, your in deep shit.
3 Feb 2014, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 18:06 PMBeWee
And if they get hold of one panzerschreck, your in deep shit.

Dont get me started on Shocks with Shrecks.
3 Feb 2014, 18:13 PM

Permanently Banned
That wasn't a video of "how broken shocks are", that was a video of what happens if you stack the pin bonus with retreat bonus. Any squad can do this.

Getting pinned greatly reduces accuracy against your squad for 10 seconds, and retreating reduces accuracy significantly more. I'm willing to bet a pinned retreating unit has 0% accuracy against him.

That video showed shock troops losing 5 squad members in 5 seconds.
3 Feb 2014, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 18:13 PMRazh
That wasn't a video of "how broken shocks are", that was a video of what happens if you stack the pin bonus with retreat bonus. Any squad can do this.

Getting pinned greatly reduces accuracy against your squad for 10 seconds, and retreating reduces accuracy significantly more. I'm willing to bet a pinned retreating unit has 0% accuracy against him.

That video showed shock troops losing 5 squad members in 5 seconds.

The video shows 1 pgren, 2 grens (1 with G43, and 1 with LMG), 1 mg42 and 2 pioneers (1 with flamers) ALL firing at the Shocks. This takes 13 seconds, not 5. Imo durability is too much if u get such a lot of time while under fire from such a force.
3 Feb 2014, 18:40 PM

In the next episode of "how OP the X is" we will see a tiger shot by 10 45mm guns that do nothing to it, which will be again undeniable proof that Tiger needs a nerf!

(secret tip: suppression makes the unit take LESS damage for few seconds)
3 Feb 2014, 18:44 PM

I didn't think shocks were OP, just that they came out too early. But this video shows there are some problems with their durability - suppression or no suppression.
3 Feb 2014, 18:46 PM
Donator 11

also both gren squads had g43, one of them also had the mg42.. i cant think of a infantry killing force better than that.. also i would love to see pgrens with this "pin bonus" also survive this kind of firepower.

3 Feb 2014, 18:46 PM
Donator 11

Shocks needs to be at 2CP, Guards as well.
3 Feb 2014, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 18:46 PMspajn
also i would love to see pgrens with this "pin bonus" also survive this kind of firepower.

You won't, because soviets don't have that kind of firepower.
Thats why shocks are so resilient to small arms in the first place.

I know its being said countless times, but some people still don't get it: they are most expensive, pure AI, doctrinal cqc infantry.
3 Feb 2014, 18:54 PM
Donator 11

You won't, because soviets don't have that kind of firepower.
Thats why shocks are so resilient to small arms in the first place.

I know its being said countless times, but some people still don't get it: they are most expensive, pure AI, doctrinal cqc infantry.

you are wrong, shock troops kill infantry just as fast as pgrens if not faster, so it would indeed be possible to set up an similiar scenario.

And then just make them weaker and cheaper.. problem solved.
3 Feb 2014, 18:56 PM

Shocks are a little too strong (durable) and come too early. 440 MP for 6 men are about 73 MP per man. 360 MP for pgrens devided by 4 men are 90 MP per man. Still, shocks kick pgrens asses. You usually don't manage to kill more then 2 shock squad members before you have to retreat.

I know that shocks are call in units. But that does not justify that discrepancy. Furthermore, a lot of Soviet Commanders feature them.
3 Feb 2014, 18:59 PM

Doctrinal, yeah, but they are in many soviet commanders, dont forget that.
Donator 11

Btw katitof and all who goes with this "they are most expensive, pure AI, doctrinal cqc infantry." well my army there was sure expansive in both manpower and munitions... 180 munitions in weapon upgrades + flamer upgrade which i dont remember but well over 200 munitions in weapon upgrades and they still didnt even manage to kill it.

yeah someday we will have enough munis for teller mine.. maybe lolz.

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 18:54 PMspajn

you are wrong, shock troops kill infantry just as fast as pgrens if not faster, so it would indeed be possible to set up an similiar scenario.

Complete and utter bullshit.
PGrens have nearly 60 dps(excluding reload).
Shocks have a bit over 50 dps(excluding reload).

And then just make them weaker and cheaper.. problem solved.

Or learn to use proper counters?
That had fine stats since release, the only thing that changed is CP cost.
You still use the exactly same counters you would use before.

But I know, that requires actual effort, you know, like it does for soviet to counter P4 with T3.
3 Feb 2014, 19:04 PM
Donator 11

Or learn to use proper counters?
That had fine stats since release, the only thing that changed is CP cost.
You still use the exactly same counters you would use before.

But I know, that requires actual effort, you know, like it does for soviet to counter P4 with T3.

with pgrens lower squad size and not as durable in the first place.. in pratice they usually have the same dps as pgren firepower drops off so quickly.

and you should try read my post, i also stated i know how to counter them but this is over the top. okay?
3 Feb 2014, 19:06 PM

It is not so much about DPS but rather about how much damage they can take. Who cares about DPS if shock troops are walking panzers so that they last longer in a fight forcing your opponent to retreat?
3 Feb 2014, 19:11 PM
Donator 11

I dont mind them doing lots of damage, i think they should indeed be these killer machine if they pull off a good flank... but seeing them just charge whatever position you have and get away with it is just bad gameplay.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 572

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak