Login

russian armor

RIP TFN

3 Feb 2014, 21:06 PM
Donator 11

understandable.. let the old ones leave and let the new ones in. Coh2 still needs lot of work and who knows it may yet become a really good game but it will never become coh 1 which a lot of the older players/casters want. They will never accept how commanders works now for instance and thats probably never gonna change and new players/casters might not mind this system and maybe even find coh1 system to be stale.

But yeah as i said it still needs work, coh2 simply isnt there yet.. but neither was coh1 back in the day i thought that game was dead and burried when tales of heroes quit and when i checked in on the game 5 years later it had grown.
3 Feb 2014, 21:15 PM

Could you take elite mod files and make a patch out of it?

That would make the game better, and we can't have that!

Anyways, Thank you TFN for all the hard work you've done, you guys were my favorite casters and it's a shame seeing you guys go but your choice is understandable.

Best of luck to the both of you.
3 Feb 2014, 21:18 PM

To add a positive note here: thanks to the casters, grats to purlictor for putting up an amazing fight, thx to Relic for still hosting coh1, and thanks to coh2.org for being the place where the mod could grow over time.... . Cheers. (and last but not least, thanks to the person who donated the prize money :D )
3 Feb 2014, 21:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 21:06 PMspajn
understandable.. let the old ones leave and let the new ones in. Coh2 still needs lot of work and who knows it may yet become a really good game but it will never become coh 1 which a lot of the older players/casters want. They will never accept how commanders works now for instance and thats probably never gonna change and new players/casters might not mind this system and maybe even find coh1 system to be stale.

That's very true. There were some great players who left after intoduction of OF factions. Same happend after ToV was introduced. All the time new players were coming though. It's always sad to see respectable figures of community leave the scene, but that's how it is. Life goes on.

3 Feb 2014, 22:12 PM
Donator 11

@Noun, just take a point from what Tommy and Fatal said at the end.
Every single thing done for Coh1 to make the game more interesting for tournaments and casts at all is made ONLY by community.

And yet they dont give a shit about community's opinions. In most cases. Its amazing how much of volunteer work promoting the game have some did in the past few years, from casters, streamers, modders, guide writers...
Some people did amazing job with modding and implementing features that should be in the game since release. I completely understand Fatal saying:"Dont wanna fix other peoples shit anymore."

Its funny how they think they are awesome giving us chat lobbies, that noone uses, for FREE, yes for FREE!

GL to both of you! Hope youll find that game you can be as passionate as you were about CoH1!
3 Feb 2014, 23:42 PM

good luck Tommy and Saint, gratz for the great show during this years, it sux sega/relic left this game broken for so much time that everyone left. The live casting yesterday was so great, I loved the interviews and props to purlictor and symbi for giving a great show. feels like coh will die slowly from now on :( fuck off sega, long live TFN!
4 Feb 2014, 01:08 AM

Hardly Sega's fault.

Over the years with THQ there has been many patches with broken things. Hell M10 misfire just got fixed with Elite mod. xp
There never was proper support even when the fanbase was pretty huge.

And now I'm guessing it's vicious circle with the community getting smaller, no support. Elite mod was/is a good final effort which probably comes slightly too late.
It's was a successful tournament and a great show nonetheless.

If people are interested, I could start up a 'Heroic Mod' project building further on elite mod with the same spirit behind it. (Change small things for the better.)
And hopefully could get experienced people like Kiraye, Kolaris to help.
But the question remains if there is going to be any playerbase for it. (Relic plz)
With the goodbye of some of the last great shoutcasters it's going to be hard ...
4 Feb 2014, 01:29 AM

Who are you guys kidding? Hardly THQ's fault, and its not Sega's fault. Its Relic's fault, admit it. Relic sucks, they can't do anything right for the CoH series at the moment.

Vcoh (Steam version)
everything in the 2.700 patch thread
COH2:
- stupid chatrooms
- no lobbies
- outdated replay system
- poor optimization
- P2P conection is shit
- leaderboards that arent built into the game
Etc.

HolyHammer had it right.

I don't blame Tommy and Fatal Saint. And its really sad to see something great come to an end.
4 Feb 2014, 02:56 AM

Sad to see it go.. :(
4 Feb 2014, 07:17 AM

Its a sad sad day for the fans of TFN`s great efforts. Hopefully they will come back some day prob. they will not.

It needs to be said, that i share the criticism that relic needs to do more for the "esports community" they do care that is for sure, but it is not enough:

- bulletins should go in Esports
- commanders need to be reworked for Esports
- maybe more details in multiplayer maps (wishful thinking)

- Replay Features with build orders and rewind option
- more strat through purchaseble upgrades

Sorry for hijacking this thread got carried away. Wish you the best Tommy and Fatal. Thanks for you time.

... is this a joke???
4 Feb 2014, 11:34 AM

... is this a joke???

yes, ignore him plz
4 Feb 2014, 18:36 PM
Donator 22

uff, really sad. especially the reason, lack of support......oh boy.........

missing you already.
all the best for your future!
4 Feb 2014, 21:22 PM

Sad to see you go. Best casters out there by far!!!
Best of luck in your future endeavors, and thanks for all the stuff you did for COH franchise.
4 Feb 2014, 22:26 PM

You taught me the game along with KrebsCOHO.. biggest respect for you guys. R.I.P TFN. literally.
5 Feb 2014, 21:00 PM

Just wanted to say thank you for everything. You were the most educational casting duo of any game I know, and really enjoyable too. I will fondly remember watching all your videos again to snag myself a Beta key!

Thank you Tommy, thank you Fatal Saint, I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.
5 Feb 2014, 21:35 PM
Patrion 14

Good luck in whatever you do guys, it's thanks to TFN I got into vCoH. I owe you big time...
5 Feb 2014, 21:37 PM

12ocky <444>3. Id love to be part of the heroic mod if you plan to do it. I got loads of time, I can test it 4+ hours daily.
9 Feb 2014, 13:54 PM

Noooooo :( :( . Sad news . :(

Best luck to you guys you ve given us countless hours of exciting content and we can only be grateful for that .

The church has finally gone down and it was a GG . Here is to the future !
10 Feb 2014, 00:17 AM
Benefactor 115

Thanks for a nice cast and a good final tournament to host. You two have always been my favourite casters; not just for entertainment value, but I can also say as a good player that your casts are the most informative out there. I've felt welcome and enjoyed participating in your casts.

You guys did a lot for the community and I can't say how much I appreciate it. Watching your final farewell I can't help but agree. I don't think you have gained the support you deserved, especially considering how your shows surpass SNF, which I feel has been an inferior show yet gotten almost exclusive support from Relic.

I only noticed this post but I have to agree with aimstrong. I felt the combo of Fatal and Tommy was the best combo you could get for CoH1. They picked up where Bridger and Vitts left off.
12 Feb 2014, 20:38 PM

Another nail in the CoH coffin.

Thanks for all your work for CoH.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Germany 759
unknown 19
Germany 3
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #