Login

russian armor

RIP TFN

3 Feb 2014, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 02:33 AMNoun
Sorry to hear that. They lead the way in doing some of the best early casts for the franchise and everyone at Relic appreciates the hard work they've put in to being a big part of the CoH casting audience.

I wish them well in whatever they do next.

Could you take elite mod files and make a patch out of it?
3 Feb 2014, 09:26 AM

RIP??? wait, what ??? WHY ?
3 Feb 2014, 09:41 AM

Thank you both for everything that you have done for the community, I wish you both well in whatever you do next!
3 Feb 2014, 10:38 AM

Mhm... I watched now the video...
Well guys.. better switch to dota2 or LoL - there casters are really supported and most of them even payed (at least in dota afaik). There are much more tools to cast, done not by community but by the devs.
Or just go to something like starcraft that have observer mode from ages and we doesnt got it here even in the 2nd game that should've learn something from 1st game's mistakes in order to entertain the viewers of "live casts"

@Noun, just take a point from what Tommy and Fatal said at the end.
Every single thing done for Coh1 to make the game more interesting for tournaments and casts at all is made ONLY by community.
CoH2 is out for like what? One year already? ... and there are still no lessons learned.

I hope you think the best for the community (which is really getting smaller) and have great plans for the feature..but god this feature become too much extended in time already. Ofc you have your numbers and statistics that are proving me wrong, but the feeling of all COH community members that things are not going on the right way is becoming stronger and stronger...
And when the community is sad... its not even really supporting the caster efforts to make cool and unique things... the casts are not expiring like before not that they are done bad, but because after watching a awesome show ppl get back to imbalanced CoH2 or to broken CoH1 and their mood goes down in e few minutes (if not seconds)...

My advise is - stay even closer to those who make your games look better by their own efforts and give them more and more support. Show up into community discussions more giving at least your own opinion about their problems. Show them you are humans and also feel bad when thing are not OK or feel great when things are in a good shape.

This post become too big to be understand by all.. so I will stop. I hope everyone who really want to understand my point will do it easy.

Good luck Tommy and Fatal!
3 Feb 2014, 11:36 AM
Patrion 14

Wut? When did they say something like that? Some has a link / time index? Had to go yesterday evening before the end. -.-

edit

Found it -> http://www.twitch.tv/thefrontlinenetwork/b/500325767?t=65m17s

Sad news. :-(

Especially after this event which i think was a great success. About 400 viewers live, 3500 views for each YouTube video is, thats something. Hoped for more show like this. I have to admit i don´t watch your CoH1 (CoH2 is not intressting for me at all) casts regularly as i am busy with creating my own CoH casts but what i saw was really good work. Unique style, professionell shows and great knowledge about the game. And i know how much work such a show or even a single video with post editing is. You guys where a pillar of the community.

Its a bad sign for the condition of the community or a game if successful commentators like you throw the towel. A black Sunday.

But i understand it as your criticism, it is entitled. I would sign what you said at the end. Personaly i do CoH1 videos since 4 years and i got to say its getting harder every day. Today its even a problem to find a good game which is worth a commentary. And tehre was zero support over the years from Relic / THQ / SEGA. 4 years of free promotion for there game and the don´t even answer if i write a message.

We are witnessing the last days of a great game. And we won´t get anything from Relic / SEGA besides empty words.
3 Feb 2014, 11:47 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

A huge shame to see them go for now at-least. I am sure they will be back once the series gets better.
3 Feb 2014, 12:08 PM
3 Feb 2014, 12:57 PM

Thanks for all the support guys, now and over the last 3 years we've been casting together. I'm sure Fatal and I will find another game to collaborate on in the future- indeed, I hope we do- but contrary to what some suggest, we will not be returning to the Company of Heroes franchise. After 300 shoutcasts, 8 live shows and 2 TFN tournaments, I like to think we've built up a pretty healthy portfolio. All our shoutcasts and live shows will remain up and available on the Youtube channel, however both the TFN Twitch and the Youtube will likely go dormant for the forseeable future.

I hope the community grows and Relic can go on to fill the boots of the original CoH in the way it truly deserves. Cheers everyone!
3 Feb 2014, 13:16 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 12:08 PMDropy
http://www.twitch.tv/thefrontlinenetwork/b/500325767?t=65m17s closing message.

I hope the guys at Relic watch this.

Edit: I just realized that TFN includes both Tommy's and Fatalsaint's initials in it. Mind Blown.
3 Feb 2014, 14:44 PM

there goes one of my favourites/bookmarks in chrome ;/
Endless nights I have spent watching your shoutcasts, needless to say you two really did the best job (RnP were solid but not close to you).
So now what, will you be shoutcasting coh2 games or did you give up doing this totally? Cheers tommy&fatal
3 Feb 2014, 15:16 PM
Donator 11

thank you for all of the time and effort you put in. Watching live games this weekend was incredible. It's unfortunate that there will be no more =/
3 Feb 2014, 16:33 PM

Thanks for a nice cast and a good final tournament to host. You two have always been my favourite casters; not just for entertainment value, but I can also say as a good player that your casts are the most informative out there. I've felt welcome and enjoyed participating in your casts.

You guys did a lot for the community and I can't say how much I appreciate it. Watching your final farewell I can't help but agree. I don't think you have gained the support you deserved, especially considering how your shows surpass SNF, which I feel has been an inferior show yet gotten almost exclusive support from Relic.

3 Feb 2014, 16:43 PM
Benefactor 3110

Its a sad sad day for the fans of TFN`s great efforts. Hopefully they will come back some day prob. they will not.

It needs to be said, that i share the criticism that relic needs to do more for the "esports community" they do care that is for sure, but it is not enough:

- bulletins should go in Esports
- commanders need to be reworked for Esports
- maybe more details in multiplayer maps (wishful thinking)
- Replay Features with build orders and rewind option
- more strat through purchaseble upgrades

Sorry for hijacking this thread got carried away. Wish you the best Tommy and Fatal. Thanks for you time.

A_E
3 Feb 2014, 17:17 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

It is a supremely difficult game to cast, but one that lends itself very well to story telling. I think TFN poured their hearts out into casting this game, with an insurpassable level of quality that quite frankly makes any other serious attempts at casting this game look amateur by comparison.

CoH2 is a tale of missed opportunities in some areas which is entirely forgiveable for a studio that was under the threat of closure when their publisher went down.

But it can't be stated more how much game developers should not ignore the YouTube output regarding its game. It's the life blood of generating buzz for quite a lot of games. The various community managers have tried their best to help out channels where possible, but the game's features for enabling casting on YouTube have always been significantly limited.

Namely in the UI for CoH2 which is far too large and clunky for capturing in-game footage. You're stuck between covering over a third of your screen with the UI or having no UI. Perhaps as the balance continues to sharpen, a patch for the UI and for the replay functionality should be prioritised next.
3 Feb 2014, 18:57 PM

Thanks to everyone who has supported and watched us over the years, even before TFN!

Never did I think we'd end up being the biggest CoH exclusive Youtube channel ever, but at one point we were, all I ever wanted was to entertain a couple of people and get the word out about CoH to new players.

Special mention has to go out to Lynx, he really put us on the map for vCoH and supported us so much, it was really amazing!

Thanks for everything guys.
3 Feb 2014, 19:24 PM

I almost cried reading this :(
3 Feb 2014, 19:29 PM

I almost cried reading this :(

^^
3 Feb 2014, 19:31 PM

Gahhh ! this is sad news for CoH :-(

Does it really have to be the end ? :/ relic come on ! elitemod could be a awesome patch

Awesome final fights last night ! and LIVE FINALS only the late hours forced me to watch the last fifth game today.....

Thanks for all the great casts Tommy and Fatal <444>3
3 Feb 2014, 19:34 PM
Donator 11

your quitting coh because relic hasnt made observer mode? okay.. i guess?
3 Feb 2014, 20:18 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 19:34 PMspajn
your quitting coh because relic hasnt made observer mode? okay.. i guess?

There's a lot more reasons than that. The vCoH competitive scene is smaller since CoH2 came out, and you can't be a good caster if you don't enjoy the game you're casting.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★