Login

russian armor

Soviet Sandbag Placement Tips

2 Feb 2014, 01:59 AM

Who has some? I heard that its good idea to place them in a way that you can use them but enemy cant.. but lets get down to specifics? Is there build you do that works? Screenshots are welcome :)
Also, does heavy cover provide bonus to light vehicles? I think it did in COH vanilla.

As from my experience I find that sandbags work well when I build early sniper, this way I can build sandbags in plain sight and counter Germys when they take them over.

Also, I build them at enemy's far cut of points... such as semoskiy maps. the reasoning is that Germans will not make use of them because its not a highly contested area.
2 Feb 2014, 02:59 AM
Patrion 27

Something I like to do is put sandbags behind bushes on my side so the opponent cannot ever utilize them unless they are facing their own spawn.

Langreskaya has a great spot at the hedge just below and to the left of the right munitions point if you spawn on top. I also like to put them right on the edge of capture points so my opponent won't get to cap if they decide to use the green cover.

Also putting them at an oblique angle to hedges facing towards the enemy to make a really bad angle for them and a strong defense point for you.
2 Feb 2014, 06:01 AM

Placing sandbags is a good way to waste precious time. Especially during early game.
2 Feb 2014, 08:22 AM

Sandbags are good to build on roads, because they gonna block early vehicle movements (flamer HT) and it's good to build them at your cut-off
2 Feb 2014, 09:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge

a note unless it was ghost fixed. you don't take extra damage while building so have fun with that. :D
2 Feb 2014, 09:39 AM

ghost sandbags are forbidden, i was close to get banned again for that MVGame
2 Feb 2014, 10:07 AM

When I build sandbags to fortify a position, I usually build them at an angle that will protect my troops from frontal assaults, while at the same time providing little protection when used by the enemy.

Here is a sketch:

Enemy attacks from the top, I defend from the bottom.

|.........|
|.........|
|.........|
|.........|
|\........|
|.\.......|
|..\......|
|.........|
|.........|

| = wall, impassable terrain.
. = open ground.
\ = sandbag position.

My units will be be protected from frontal assaults and are hard to flank in this sketch. However, if I get pushed back, the enemy soldiers will be easily flanked due to the angle of the sand bags.
3 Feb 2014, 01:02 AM
Patrion 27

When I build sandbags to fortify a position, I usually build them at an angle that will protect my troops from frontal assaults, while at the same time providing little protection when used by the enemy.

Here is a sketch:

Enemy attacks from the top, I defend from the bottom.

|.........|
|.........|
|.........|
|.........|
|\........|
|.\.......|
|..\......|
|.........|
|.........|

| = wall, impassable terrain.
. = open ground.
\ = sandbag position.

My units will be be protected from frontal assaults and are hard to flank in this sketch. However, if I get pushed back, the enemy soldiers will be easily flanked due to the angle of the sand bags.

Ah this is a perfect visual of the "oblique" angle I was talking about. +1
3 Feb 2014, 05:50 AM

Permanently Banned
ghost sandbags are forbidden, i was close to get banned again for that MVGame

you cant banned because you spam ghost sandbags, then half population of that 4k player should be banned for spamming wires Kappa

but yeah put to road, you can spam them, it is free, and dont make that mistakes when my sniper retreated to the enemys because those roads where so blocked in semoiskey, Kappa
4 Feb 2014, 15:15 PM
Patrion 27

Placing sandbags is a good way to waste precious time. Especially during early game.

Here is a match I just played featuring early and mid game sandbag use to show that this is not true. With simple timing you can place sandbags while capping.
4 Feb 2014, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 05:50 AMakosi

you cant banned because you spam ghost sandbags, then half population of that 4k player should be banned for spamming wires Kappa

but yeah put to road, you can spam them, it is free, and dont make that mistakes when my sniper retreated to the enemys because those roads where so blocked in semoiskey, Kappa

You wont get banned, your CoH2 will get suspended for a set amount of time.
4 Feb 2014, 21:33 PM

Permanently Banned

You wont get banned, your CoH2 will get suspended for a set amount of time.

they cant do that, you can say, oh i forgot to finish those sandbags ? :D
4 Feb 2014, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2014, 21:33 PMakosi

they cant do that, you can say, oh i forgot to finish those sandbags ? :D

What if i forgot to finish more than 50 sandbags? MVGame
4 Feb 2014, 21:53 PM

Permanently Banned

What if i forgot to finish more than 50 sandbags? MVGame

+1

i studied law, it is possible, Kappa
4 Feb 2014, 23:09 PM
Patrion 14

sorry akosi, law has little to do with what relic can and cannot suspend you for. As we have seen earlier... :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★