Login

russian armor

SNF / Halftrack

27 Jan 2014, 16:39 PM

Lol LOL HT flamm HT lol lol

The problem is for me the design of maps, NOT HT .....
27 Jan 2014, 16:46 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2014, 16:26 PMPorygon
Yeah, yeah

nerf the already nerfed HT so more shocks can roflroll the game

We've already spoke about the shocks in forums and they will get nerfed down to at least 2cp next patch for sure.

27 Jan 2014, 16:57 PM

Both halftracks are fine the way they are. If anything the SNF final showed that some maps are horribly balanced and that even top players can fail to adapt their strategy during an ongoing game.

The FHT can be hunt down by at-nade cons and guards/Zis, even more so because of the broken pathfinding.

By the Time M5s appear the OH player should have enough AT-power on the field to deal with otherwise he deserves to loose.

In my opinion neither halftracks nor their reinforce ability are a issue in this game.
27 Jan 2014, 17:48 PM

Instead of nerfing the German ht has any thot been given to letting the m5 come out of the t2 building instead of t3 giving sovs an option to reinforce on the field earlier negating some of the benefits of the axis ht?

Right now if sovs want to have the ability to reinforce on the field they are forced into t3 which with the current state of the game isn't viable late since t34s can only dream of taking on tigers.

Just some food for thought
27 Jan 2014, 18:25 PM

Both halftracks are fine the way they are. If anything the SNF final showed that some maps are horribly balanced and that even top players can fail to adapt their strategy during an ongoing game.

The FHT can be hunt down by at-nade cons and guards/Zis, even more so because of the broken pathfinding.

By the Time M5s appear the OH player should have enough AT-power on the field to deal with otherwise he deserves to loose.

In my opinion neither halftracks nor their reinforce ability are a issue in this game.

+1

Especially on pathing. HT's are terrible at this.

And Mad hatter if Soviet HT comes out earlier than you would get early shocks in HT, or guards. That would be the end of the game, 5 minutes in.
27 Jan 2014, 18:26 PM

It sounds like an interesting tradeoff but I think it's the wrong approach.

If the data shows it's a problem unit, I'd say add more counters instead. The unit feels good as it is and adds some really interesting dynamics to the game.

If it's really too versatile, then it makes for yet another argument for the addition of some handheld non-doctrinal AT upgrade for Sov.
27 Jan 2014, 19:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lol LOL HT flamm HT lol lol

The problem is for me the design of maps, NOT HT .....

I´m surprised no one said this. How about improving North Langres or right Kholodny?
27 Jan 2014, 20:12 PM

Just to think about, nerfing FHT will just make sniper+guard combo even more stronger. U need to reinforce your troops against sniper bleed, while unupgraded FHT will be even easier target for guards...
27 Jan 2014, 21:17 PM

Nerfing the HT as suggested (not being able to reinforce with the flamer upgrade) would make the unit pretty much useless without giving it some kind of armor buff.

Even the best players lose the halftrack relatively quickly almost every game, it just simply doesn't survive. It is actually because of a) pathing issues b) armor weakness.
27 Jan 2014, 21:39 PM
Donator 11

I´m surprised no one said this. How about improving North Langres or right Kholodny?

that's also true. :|
27 Jan 2014, 22:32 PM
Donator 11

I think FHT could use a slight nerf, like decreasing its range, its a fragile unit and making it have to close up would make it much easier to take out. But as other has said there are other issues that should be looked at... Like buffing rifle damage would first of all make combat more tactical, and secondly it would kinda nerf both shocks and Pgrens because they would take more damage from vanilla infantry. And with shocks easier to fight off without resorting to hard counters (like FHT) it could with the combination of range decrease make the FHT a lot less manditory
28 Jan 2014, 00:51 AM

its already been nerfed several times. the unit is fine, needs no changes. the flame upgrade is a huge investment, and its quite squishy.

This unit is totally not what balance concerns should be focused on.

28 Jan 2014, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2014, 00:51 AMscheme
its already been nerfed several times. the unit is fine, needs no changes. the flame upgrade is a huge investment, and its quite squishy.

This unit is totally not what balance concerns should be focused on.

Agreed. Not sure how a very vulnerable FHT is being focused on when SI and Elite still exist, and there are a number of other GLARING issues.
28 Jan 2014, 18:08 PM

Permanently Banned
Removing the ability to reinforce from the HT would be typical Relic over-nerf.
29 Jan 2014, 00:43 AM

Considering we don't know the all of the exact changes, just a tiny rumor so far, saying anything is an over-nerf is a typical overreaction.

This could allow, for instance, a lower cost for the FHT upgrade, or to give the half-track more defense in general so it ends up between the pre-vet patch vet 2 and its current defensive stats.

Or changes to other parts of both armies might make the HT more viable. Or there could be equal nerfs for something on the Soviet side.
29 Jan 2014, 01:59 AM

Permanently Banned
Honestly, halftrack and scout car have no-armor, very $hit, and i think they don't pin nothing good, is useless...

6 guys with old rifles kill it... The Sov Spam make me never more use this paper's car's...

The game need better updates... Some german unit's is made for die...

29 Jan 2014, 02:03 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2014, 01:59 AMBravus
Honestly, halftrack and scout car have no-armor, very $hit, and i think they don't pin nothing good, is useless...

6 guys with old rifles kill it... The Sov Spam make me never more use this paper's car's...

The game need better updates... Some german unit's is made for die...

you can win games because of halftrack reinforce and flame capabilities, it does need support like any other unit in the game but it won me so many game. It's not a front line unit, you keep it back, reinforce your troops and support your frontlie or chase units with the flame upgrade.
29 Jan 2014, 05:16 AM

not sure, but the fht is a great support unit. but to my experience, some people use them like heavy tanks which makes it seem as ineffective as it should be.

there is a difference between conscripts wading through grenadier screens to nade it and FHT charging into the fray right into conscripts and AT guns.
29 Jan 2014, 05:53 AM
Donator 22

I think both the soviet m5 and half track should be able to reinforce even when upgraded but only in your own territory.

Also, maybe each flamer on the half track could be upgraded individually (60 muni each) so that the Germans have better flame options In the early game.

29 Jan 2014, 10:11 AM

I simply miss a counter. Guard's is one that’s right. A good counter. But you need to choose them. At the moment it is nearly a must have. And that’s bad. If a normal/good player micro the fht you never get with a zis and to thow a AT-nade on it is nearly impossible and often the try alone means dead. Fht with guards is no problem without you need luck or one bad opponent.

In the SFN the both go shocks every time. They had early zis but it was never in line of sight. So fht +mg42 without guards need a slightly nerf in my opinion or some counter on sowjet side.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★