Login

russian armor

German Sniper Vulnerability

• This thread is locked
21 Jan 2014, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2014, 07:48 AMAradan
German sniper is great. Use them right, need some skill. His vet1 abillity is superior versus shocks.
His vet ability doesn't even work vs shocks. Do you wanna tell us how you use it every game to decimate shocks and never lose a sniper? And then tell people to l2p? You ever get tired of trolling?
21 Jan 2014, 16:13 PM

they can be killed in 1 shot, i've seen it happen before

buff pls
21 Jan 2014, 19:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think this has been suggested way too many times. A bit more consistency plox.
21 Jan 2014, 19:49 PM

I open with snipers frequently, and as long as you are screening with a few early grens in case of m3's, I tend to get at least 20 kills a game, and I usually keep it alive until late innings, and that's in its bugged state, and is irrespective of how badly I beat or get beaten by my opponent

In my experience at my middling level, snipers are not so fragile. I've had 4 man cons get right up to their face because I screwed up, and I've still been able to retreat with my life. That has got to be frustrating when a con squad manages to get that close.

On the other hand, I've also had a single con shot from max range kill my sniper that I thought was completely safe, which is just as frustrating. Both must have to do with rng and critical chances. If possible, damage should be made more consistent as it is calculated for snipers.

21 Jan 2014, 20:30 PM

I nearly never have lost my Sniper to normal rifle fire. If I did then because I was completely not paying attention to my sniper and he got shot down from very short range. Otherwise if you keep enough distance or can hide always in cover / out of line of sight they can not really do much to me.

However, I have yet to see a game where I will not eventually lose it to some unlucky mortar or Katyusha shot, or a T70 which was standing around the corner completely by chance and kills the Sniper with the first shot before you can even react.

And a few times to enemy Sniper fire, although I don't see many russian snipers nowadays. I find it really annoying that the russian sniper can just kill my sniper immediately after I killed one of his squad members, simply because he has two guys in his squad and doesn't suffer much consequences for losing a guy. I would not risk attacking Russian snipers with my German sniper anymore, unless he is already reduced to one guy or just shot at something else and has to reload.

Oh yeah, one time I saw StephennJF on his stream lose his Sniper to friendly fire of a Panzerschreck - kind of ridiculous.

So all in all, if I lose my Sniper then to random things which are hardly under my control, however those random things happen so regularly that I build my Sniper with the expectation that it will happen eventually.
21 Jan 2014, 20:44 PM

There is a disadvantage with the 2 man soviet sniper that I think a lot of people overlook, which is that when the first man dies, it takes 90 manpower to reinforce while when the german sniper takes the equavalent damage, he only needs to heal up. If that happens consistantly, it can be a bit of a drain on resources.
21 Jan 2014, 20:57 PM

There is a disadvantage with the 2 man soviet sniper that I think a lot of people overlook, which is that when the first man dies, it takes 90 manpower to reinforce while when the german sniper takes the equavalent damage, he only needs to heal up. If that happens consistantly, it can be a bit of a drain on resources.

That's not really a valid point since soviet snipers should rarely die. In addition, it costs 150 mp and 60 munitions to get a heal point for that one sniper, pretty expensive. In addition, when a soviet sniper comes under fire it can fall back and keep fighting, whereas an Ost sniper has to run.

Don't even get me started on the sprint ability for the soviet sniper. That is just ridiculously good at keeping them in the fight.
21 Jan 2014, 21:35 PM

That's not really a valid point since soviet snipers should rarely die. In addition, it costs 150 mp and 60 munitions to get a heal point for that one sniper, pretty expensive. In addition, when a soviet sniper comes under fire it can fall back and keep fighting, whereas an Ost sniper has to run.

Don't even get me started on the sprint ability for the soviet sniper. That is just ridiculously good at keeping them in the fight.

You don't need quite that commitment, though that is the more economical way to do it in the long run. I usually just heal my sniper with a vetted gren.
21 Jan 2014, 21:59 PM

I personally used to love the snipe counter snipe engagements in coh1. Sadly this has been lost in the second game which is a real shame. Attempting to counter snipe a soviet two man squad is really fool hardy and you really are in the hands of the gods.

The other thing I tend to find is the sniper appears to have some really buggy patching issues. Most of the time it seems to walk directly into trouble when not ordered to or when looking to take a shot when it appears you have Los it tends to charge head first at the squad you are trying to attack rather than shooting.

This combing with its vulnerability to small arms fire and ring mortar hits make it almost impossible to keep alive past the 10mins mark.

I'm sure if I babysat it all game and focused on keeping the sniper alive I could do it but in 2v2 against the massive spam games coh2 has become take too long microing one unit and you lose the advantage.

Half the time I end up really making an effort to do this a random mortar shell comes from above and hits my sniper directly on the head.

Wish it was just a little more durable, if not less buggy. As soviets you really don't need to build a hard counter unlike ostheer. Who if faced with early sniper really has to do something about it otherwise it's gg.
21 Jan 2014, 23:09 PM

I think the only thing they need to change is not allow soviet sniper enter into a clown car. Its really dumb at the moment.
21 Jan 2014, 23:56 PM

I think the only thing they need to change is not allow soviet sniper enter into a clown car. Its really dumb at the moment.

German sniper can enter 250 transport and shoot from it you know....
22 Jan 2014, 00:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2014, 23:56 PMKatitof

German sniper can enter 250 transport and shoot from it you know....

sure 250 is really popular nowadays, and also is doctrinal you know...
22 Jan 2014, 00:13 AM

A 500mp 40 fuel half trak that doesn't shoot, or reinforce............And comes long after guards hit the field and only shortly before t34s
22 Jan 2014, 13:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Just one more german vulnerability in the game...

And the Sov Sniper is hard to kill...

Anti Nazi made game?
3 Feb 2014, 21:49 PM

His vet ability doesn't even work vs shocks. Do you wanna tell us how you use it every game to decimate shocks and never lose a sniper? And then tell people to l2p? You ever get tired of trolling?

WTF? Please stop insulting people's and realy l2p.
snipers vet 1 ability
With snipers vet 1 ability you can shot down 2-3 models.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment