Login

russian armor

attn Company of Heroes 2 Worldbuilders

Hux
1 Oct 2013, 06:56 AM
Patrion 14

You must love Pripyat spring, man.
10 Oct 2013, 10:47 AM

Just how tricky is the world builder to use? I never tried the COH one.. but I really fancy having a go.

Maybe I should get some practise on the coh one before this one is released.
10 Oct 2013, 11:20 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

If you practice with the COH1 worldbuilder the COH2 worldbuilder will feel similar.
Hux
10 Oct 2013, 17:31 PM
Patrion 14

I agree. I would advise learning how all the functions of the interface work (and the theory behind them) if you can.

It really helps with the design process of maps if you have a knowledge of whats actually going on 'behind the scenes'

I myself used to think that the better a map looked - the better it was. But it turned out that I was overlooking key issues such as performance that can really kick a map in the nads.

If you can find any tutorials I would def advise getting your head around them if you can.

Edit: in the recent stream, it was hinted that something big was coming that 'the community is gunna really love' the WB is involved, I just know it! (I hope)
10 Oct 2013, 17:39 PM
Patrion 14

My thoughts went to the worldbuilder as well actually.

Also, any one got any good tutorials on map-design principals? Did a few for compstomps with friends with the first worldbuilder. Messed around quite alot with it, but cant say Im a pro.
Hux
10 Oct 2013, 20:37 PM
Patrion 14

Iirc one of the mapmakers from the Eastern front mod made some decent ones (Walki?) you could try looking for some of them. I'd look on their Moddb page maybe..
10 Oct 2013, 20:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 17:39 PMLe Wish

Also, any one got any good tutorials on map-design principals? Did a few for compstomps with friends with the first worldbuilder. Messed around quite alot with it, but cant say Im a pro.

I wrote this quite some time ago, but maybe it helps =)

http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/portals.php?show=page&name=company-of-heroes-custom-map-making-reviewing
10 Oct 2013, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 17:39 PMLe Wish

http://www.coh2.org/guides/5478/worldbuilding-with-whiteflash
10 Oct 2013, 21:36 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Both of those links are good, Onkelsams is from the old days but still valid. The second one, mine, is new but it still has some gaps but covers most stuff.

If you google coh map tutorial youll get alot of hits for technical stuff.
12 Oct 2013, 13:23 PM

Hello, everyone! My name is Leonidas and this is my first post here. I was browsing the site when I saw this discussion, and I just decided to sign up and jump in :). I'm currently writing a Steam guide on World Builder, if anyone's interested. When it's finished (after WB release, that is), it should hopefully cover, well, pretty much everything. Right now it's in an early stage of development, but if anyone wants to check it out, they can do so here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★