Login

russian armor

Strategy in Company of Heroes 2

PAGES (9)down
14 Jan 2014, 20:00 PM
Patrion 26

Giving free commanders. Will not be a solution. I mean come on guys... You believe new people will be coming to this game with no end? How many people do you know that like RTS? Also Relic is not Blizzard so they don`t have so many fanboys just because of their name.
Anw I believe if Relic would make a rotation of free commanders (League of Legends style) and also make them purchasable via in game currency that you will get from wins/losses and also make them available for RL money. It would work. I mean Riot made it work and they didn`t even sell the core game. Of course they won`t have 6 million players but at least I am 100% sure the amount of players would increase.
14 Jan 2014, 20:25 PM

I just feel the game is losing it's playerbase as time goes on. I have tremendous amounts of difficulty finding games at this stage, when I thought after the massive steam reduction sales would bring more players. It could well be the strategic depth of this games relies on commanders (most of which you have to purchase). I do enjoy the game, especially now, I feel it's very well balanced besides a few minor things here and there. However how many times can I play the same guy without it getting boring. Where the hell is everyone!!?? Unfortunately I inly think it will get worse unless something changes.
14 Jan 2014, 20:33 PM
Patrion 26

I just feel the game is losing it's playerbase as time goes on. I have tremendous amounts of difficulty finding games at this stage, when I thought after the massive steam reduction sales would bring more players. It could well be the strategic depth of this games relies on commanders (most of which you have to purchase). I do enjoy the game, especially now, I feel it's very well balanced besides a few minor things here and there. However how many times can I play the same guy without it getting boring. Where the hell is everyone!!?? Unfortunately I inly think it will get worse unless something changes.

Strange I play different people every game.... They may be in top 100 or non existent at the ladder at all. In 2v2 I start meeting the same people more and more.
The game still lack something (apart from the playerbase =).) but for every person the thing that is missing is different than to others.
14 Jan 2014, 20:41 PM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244450/?snr=1_7_15__13

"Premium Service:
Digitalmindsoft guarantees you to release several free game updates including new content and features during the lifetime of the game. Because games are our passion, we are always eager to listen to community feedback and to improve our games. As an example, we released more than 10 free game updates for the original Assault Squad including plenty of new units."

A big FU to Relic right there. Kappa
14 Jan 2014, 20:49 PM

I've said this before and I'll say it again, just because the site is coh2.org doesn't mean it belongs to the coh2 crowd. The domain for the site was chosen long before the public had even played the game, at that point everyone thought that coh2 was going to be a no brainer transition- an all around improvement to vcoh. Sadly that is not the case, and the thing you need to remember is a lot of these "bashers" built the site which means they have more claim to it than you do regardless of which game they prefer.

Sorry man, after I read that pm u sent Cataclaw earlier that he made public I know better than to get in a debate with you. To-tal-ly agree with everything you say sir!
14 Jan 2014, 20:50 PM
Patrion 26

"Premium Service:
Digitalmindsoft guarantees you to release several free game updates including new content and features during the lifetime of the game. Because games are our passion, we are always eager to listen to community feedback and to improve our games. As an example, we released more than 10 free game updates for the original Assault Squad including plenty of new units."

Every company has its own way of doing things, you don`t like it? Move along and stop acting like a 12yo spoiled brat.
14 Jan 2014, 20:51 PM

There are recent rumors that SC2 is becoming F2P, which it highly partly is, you can play unranked terran as it is right now.

SC2 is more competitive but significantly less intriguing and way more repetitive than CoH 2. I'm not sure anyone that thinks CoH 2 is shallow would like SC 2 at all, there are almost no strategic decisions to be made, and there is next to no tactical choice involved.

The game is a lot more about memorizing build orders/timings/maps/unit compositions than it is about strategically/tactically outplaying your opponent.

It is a good RTS/game, I just don't think most of us that find that the strategic/tactical depth of CoH 2 to be appealing would enjoy SC 2.
14 Jan 2014, 20:58 PM

Every company has its own way of doing things, you don`t like it? Move along and stop acting like a 12yo spoiled brat.

Ad hominem much? I was merely trying to state that other companies does for an example "DLC's" for free. Never did i state in that post that i dislike what Relic or Digital Mindsoft on how they are conducting their marketing. However, i shall answer to you right now, i'd prefer Digital Mindsofts type of marketing rather than Relics. Big deal? No, im not making it a big deal. Im fine and enjoy both games.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2014, 20:51 PMCieZ

SC2 is more competitive but significantly less intriguing and way more repetitive than CoH 2. I'm not sure anyone that thinks CoH 2 is shallow would like SC 2 at all, there are almost no strategic decisions to be made, and there is next to no tactical choice involved.

The game is a lot more about memorizing build orders/timings/maps/unit compositions than it is about strategically/tactically outplaying your opponent.

It is a good RTS/game, I just don't think most of us that find that the strategic/tactical depth of CoH 2 to be appealing would enjoy SC 2.

Wasn't ment to post that. I enjoy both SC2 and CoH2, but primarily CoH2 because its a way simpler game. (In my opinion)

14 Jan 2014, 21:23 PM

Adding more global upgrades shouldn't be the only thing that adds strategic depth, but I do agree that CoH2 build strategies are a lot more linear and more simplistic compared to vCoH so there aren't many different ways to play the game.

Since all vehicles in CoH2 cost fuel, purchasing them delays teching, but gives the player an advantage to take resources to make up for it's cost, or to more effectively kill enemy infantry. However, there aren't enough different kind of vehicles in the game. Therefore, I suggest there should be a lot more different kind of light vehicles.

I made suggested a while back about adding jeeps and motorcycles for 100 mp and 20 fuel which could quickly respond to action or cap points like the kettenkrad, and other vehicles like BA64 to add as a more durable but expensive alternative to the jeep, and so forth. These kind of vehicles should be added to the Soviet and German buildings which I believe could add a lot of more different kind of gameplay.

Another problem with this is, there is no mid-game, so there are no need for these kind of vehicles. Players can crank tanks out at around 10 minutes, so there is no need for any light tanks, or any scouting vehicles since they get destroyed very easily and large tanks can come out to destroy them after a few minutes of use.

Therefore, teching in coh2 should be more costly and take longer so there could be some more use for the light vehicles. Currently, Coh2 is fighting with infantry, then to tanks either medium or heavy (Heavy tanks come out pretty quickly as well, I've seen players just hold out till they get enough cps to get heavies. )

How bout some more progression.

Infantry -> Elite infantry with light cars -> Infantry with heavier cars -> Medium Tanks ( or go straight to heavy )-> Heavy Tanks

Even if CoH2 seems kind of similar to this, the progression is just too quick for there to be any mid game.
14 Jan 2014, 21:55 PM
Patrion 14

Therefore, I suggest there should be a lot more different kind of light vehicles.

QFT.

Make the early game light vehicle roster bigger, make it like ToV where you could choose which one you put in your building. Like Schwimm or MC or T17 or Greyhound.

Make it *free* and make it interesting. A MG-armed Kubel, for example, to play the role of jeep and a funky little BA64 for the Sovs, no carry capacity, just a Red version of the Axis AC.

1 of 5 Relic postsRelic 14 Jan 2014, 22:54 PM

"Premium Service:

Number of free updates to Assault Squad: 10 (their number)
Number of free updates to Company of Heroes 2: 19 (not including during alpha/beta)

Number of years since release of Assault Squad: 3ish
Number of years since release of Company of Heroes 2: 0.5ish

I think we're doing pretty good. Maybe you like the other game better, that's cool. But I think we're doing pretty good with ongoing support and updates.
14 Jan 2014, 22:56 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2014, 22:54 PMNoun

Number of free updates to Company of Heroes 2: 19 (not including during alpha/beta)

I think we're doing pretty good. Maybe you like the other game better, that's cool. But I think we're doing pretty good with ongoing support and updates.

Noun owning like a BAWS!!!! :bananadance:
14 Jan 2014, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2014, 22:54 PMNoun

I posted earlier that i enjoy both games. Noun, give me fallschirmjaegers! Relic fix! plz!
Back to topic:

I was merely pointing out that they dont do DLC's, they release the content for free (all of it)

Any numbers on how many new units they released for free compared to how many new units Relic released for free? Theres some algorithms you arent using here ;)
Anyhow, it does not matter. Its two different games in which CoH2 is an arcade, fun to play style of game and MoW aims to be more simulating and realistic. I cater to both games. Obviously. Since i have almost the most games played in CoH2. :drool:
14 Jan 2014, 23:49 PM

despite all 10 of their patches...

http://steamcharts.com/app/64000
14 Jan 2014, 23:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2014, 23:49 PMwooof
despite all 10 of their patches...

http://steamcharts.com/app/64000

Yeah. the game is pretty much dead hence why im not playing it because it takes too long to find a game. Im looking forward to the sequel though.
15 Jan 2014, 00:17 AM

i don't know about you guys but i'd rather Soviet bullshit rather than British bullshit, which is pretty much PURELY the only reason why coh2 is better

(because you can't stop playing against the brit faction in automatch)
15 Jan 2014, 01:03 AM

i don't know about you guys but i'd rather Soviet bullshit rather than British bullshit, which is pretty much PURELY the only reason why coh2 is better

(because you can't stop playing against the brit faction in automatch)

+1
2 of 5 Relic postsRelic 15 Jan 2014, 02:24 AM

To be clear that's not how we think of the fans, and certainly not how we think of the fans at COH2.ORG. We've never used that language to describe the community, nor has any of these so called higher ups.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS