Login

russian armor

The tiger ace syndrome

16 Jan 2014, 19:49 PM

The Devs haven't posted anything anywhere for a long time.

Are the devs ever going to come back? Have they completely abandoned us? No one's vacation is THIS long.
16 Jan 2014, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2014, 19:49 PMlink0
The Devs haven't posted anything anywhere for a long time.

Are the devs ever going to come back? Have they completely abandoned us? No one's vacation is THIS long.

It's The Calm Before the Storm ;) After SNF i expect "BOOM we did that, BOOM we changed this, BOOM here's new TOW, BOOM here are new commanders"
16 Jan 2014, 21:53 PM

Permanently Banned
In major cases is too late for the tiger ace, and if you dont carefull with infantry (and get piooners) you loose with tiger ace too... Hard days with russian spam's and run/reinforce forever style... I think tiger ace is not that god, because the late game and the stop 10min. resources... Germans always loose in number, soo...
16 Jan 2014, 22:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2014, 08:22 AMlink0
Soviet industry is still even more OP than the Tiger Ace doctrine.

This.

Both these commanders need to straight up just be removed and players' money refunded (maybe with some sort of credit to swap to another commander or something similar) because they are just terribad.
16 Jan 2014, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2014, 17:20 PMAradan

Soviets need tanks. Many medium non-doctrinal tanks, with some power. Like T34-85. German beasts need targets and now Soviets have only tank destroyers. T34-76 is not viable.

True, but I was commenting on someone who wanted a soviet counterpart to the TA.
The units you mention belong in another context. Nothing super about them.

Btw.: I find it irrelevant for balancing purposes if a unit is 'boring'. As if that was one of our major concerns.
17 Jan 2014, 03:05 AM

Tiger Ace is just silly. Just stupid bullshit. Really it isn't even laughable. In fact it saddens me because Relic is destroying my beloved Company of Heroes franchise with their horrible commander system wich is solely designed to make money. Money is what Relic cares about. Just pump out more op commanders until we have 1000+ commanders for each faction.

I don't understand how relic can find this commander to be balanced. Do they ever play their own game??

Shame on you. You have learned nothing from vCoh
17 Jan 2014, 05:05 AM

nope please, no more super units. i dont want TA and i sure as hell dont want a t34/85, IS2 acses

add more real tanks like the panzerIII, kv-85, fuck the kv1, comes too late and has a shit gun.
17 Jan 2014, 05:21 AM

Hey, I like the KV-1. :foreveralone:

Seriously though, I'm not planning to play Soviets over the free weekend; everyone will be using Elite Troops. But what I'm scared of is what will happen when Elite Troop's price gets slashed. I really hope they nerf the stupid commander.
17 Jan 2014, 06:06 AM

True, but I was commenting on someone who wanted a soviet counterpart to the TA.
The units you mention belong in another context. Nothing super about them.

Btw.: I find it irrelevant for balancing purposes if a unit is 'boring'. As if that was one of our major concerns.

Yes, I agree with you. Soviets dont need soviet counterpart to the TA, if have non doctrinal tanks.
17 Jan 2014, 07:39 AM

When playing against Germans with the Tiger Ace, I spend almost all my manpower on Zis guns and try to get 2-4 if possible.

I usually have either SU-85 or IS-2. On rarer occasion, I may have an ISU-152.

I bind the tanks to 1 and the zis guns to 2.

Then I try to track down the Tiger Ace and throw this group of Zis guns at him first. I never use tanks against it first; always Zis. Ideally I have 3 or 4 zis guns pummelling it while my IS-2 (with its good frontal armor and hp), shoots its rear and scoots backward to reload.

Then I try to trap it from the rear with the tanks with long range shoot & scoot shooting.
18 Jan 2014, 16:30 PM

When playing against Germans with the Tiger Ace, I spend almost all my manpower on Zis guns and try to get 2-4 if possible.

Then I try to track down the Tiger Ace and throw this group of Zis guns at him first. I never use tanks against it first; always Zis. Ideally I have 3 or 4 zis guns pummelling it while my IS-2 (with its good frontal armor and hp), shoots its rear and scoots backward to reload.

Then I try to trap it from the rear with the tanks with long range shoot & scoot shooting.

You forgot to mention thars in Team games obviously where such a thing is possible and beating an Ace isnt an act of gaming brilliance or just plain luck.
21 Jan 2014, 13:12 PM

All that is assuming you have nothing else to do with your army and that the enemy has no units in suppot.

I think I've seen this be the case maybe once.

It does require much luck to work. I.e. it's not a Cook book kind of conter-strategy.
21 Jan 2014, 16:10 PM

IME, there's no other tactic against the Tiger Ace. You have to meet his force with yours.

In practice, I usually have a pair of zis guns with a conscript squad. I'll buy a third. If I have a HMG, I will take this onto group 2. The conscripts try to at nade.

Group 1 will be the IS-2.

I do this routinely against regular tiger tanks. It may not destroy the tank but it will cause it to retreat. IS-2 bleeds german manpower and if I have a rocket truck, it will too.
21 Jan 2014, 16:37 PM

First I am sure Tiger Ace doctrin is Op ( combination of pay to Vet / G43/ TIGER ACE)
But there are some nice cons of this doctrin. In 1vs1 it isn´t that bad that your opponent calls a Tiger Ace. When you find out he hade choosen this doc. you have to reakt with some t 34 and min 2 packs. More over you need Socks or other effektive inf. The best is ,when the Tiger arrives you have to try to ramm him in the rear ... Done ? yet the Ace should have his main gun destroyed if this is the case, you have to kill all pios of your opponent. Then you have won the game ( If there aren´t 10 Panthers left )
25 Jan 2014, 19:02 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tiger Ace got a major change in the upcoming patch.

When I first used the Tiger Ace, I found it to be just silly (double everything- what were they thinking??).

A balanced and more interesting Tiger Ace IMO: A bit like the Tiger from the DLC. This tiger would reflect the abilities of the 'elite ace crew'.

-Same HP, damage, and armor as a normal Tiger so it can't be used as a battering ram for a base annihilation. It can be destroyed with normal tactics, and its' power is based on how player plays to its strengths.

-Fast moving, and faster turning than the normal tiger. So a Tiger that moves like the Panzer IV G.

-60 range, faster firing, better turret rotation, and more accurate than a normal Tiger.

-Some of the special abilities like vehicle self repair and smoke.
25 Jan 2014, 19:39 PM

Just wanted to chip in by saying:

1) Whilst it is clear that Relic need to make money from selling DLC, and I think most of us here would accept and agree with that in a broad sense, I am in general agreement with the negative feedback to Elite Troops and Industry, and I hope that it's something Relic will learn from. The concept of pre-vetted 'God units' does not belong in a game which wishes to promote itself as a balanced and competitive RTS. It's a dangerous road to go down, and the fact that competitions like SNF ban those commanders is great because it should (in theory) press the point home to Relic.

I have no idea where you get this "balanced and competitive RTS" from.

CoH 2 is a casual game made for casual players.

Noone should even care for balance on CoH 2 because it's 100% unreachable. The game is designed for casual gamers, who play for fun from time to time. Those players want new cool stuff and don't care for balance because they either bash computers with it or play Theatres of War.
25 Jan 2014, 19:40 PM

60 range would be huge overkill.
Its still extremely durable platform and you want to make it better then panther in every single aspect.
What would counter it then? Stalin himself?
25 Jan 2014, 19:48 PM

The Tiger I propose is going to be weaker than the current one and be incapable of base annhilation. The current one has 50 range, btw.
25 Jan 2014, 20:00 PM
Patrion 27

Sure it's beatable but this is an indirect reason why Tiger Ace is bullshit. You have to play in complete reaction if you even see Elite Troops is one of your opponents commander choices. That is game-breaking IMO.
25 Jan 2014, 20:11 PM

Agreed: I've largely learned to keep a mid game manpower float (for buying Zis guns) and always maintaining a mid game Zis pair whenever I'm playing against Elite Troops. This makes my present forces by late game less effective as I have fewer units than I would otherwise have.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★