Login

russian armor

Don River is unbalanced

11 Jan 2014, 02:12 AM

Permanently Banned
The west player has more adventage than the south. I will try to draw this on the pictrue below.
This map is all about who control the middle, but!
If the west player control the middle, he can go for cutoff,or capture fuel,so two options.
If the south player control the middle, he can manage to capture the enemy fuel at only one point, and he will never be able to cutoff the enemy.
If two player on same level play against each other, 70 % that the south will lose.
No mention, the west player has straight route to his fuel, while the south player had to go more, i feel.

If the west player dont control the middle, he still can defend the fuel because it has only one choke point, and cant be go around there, while if the south player lose the middle, he will be cutoffed and remain on his isle and dont be able to defend his fuel.

If the opponent managed to take the fuel, the retrat paths favour to west player again.

so you can see he will avoid the battle, while the south player will retreat in front of his base or in the middle where the battle is.
11 Jan 2014, 02:17 AM

Permanently Banned
+ there is what you need to hold if you want to defend your fuel
+ the obviously extended base where the enemy wont go

you can see west player has also more safe "base" territory
11 Jan 2014, 02:26 AM

Permanently Banned
this picture shows the nebel vs nebel in 2v2
-circle is where the most obviously the counter nebel is
-the lines shows the shootblockers
-the stars shows the remainly most obviusly places where the nebel is
-black circle = strategy point

In case of counter nebel place will be attacked, the west player can retreat to his base because he has no shootblocker behind him while the south cant.
West player has more safe place where the nebel could stay,because south player cant stay on ice because if its get hitted the nebel will sink, while west player has ground under his feet.

11 Jan 2014, 02:53 AM

This is why I always ban this map in the rotation, when I am *South*, I always lose, no matter what I do/they do.
11 Jan 2014, 04:28 AM

Hmmm i havent had any problems winning on both sides,but i do find it harder to cutoff the left hand side fuel.
11 Jan 2014, 05:57 AM

It's a strange map, but workable.(Though I will admit it is harder to play as the Germans on the South side of the map.)
11 Jan 2014, 08:18 AM

Hmmm.. I kinda like the way this map is laid out. It is a bit lopsided but it definitely isn't totally bad. The retreat path for the south is the worst part for this map though as the southern player will always be at a disadvantage.

What if the start point of the southern player were to be placed on the east corner instead? That would somewhat solve retreat path issue although you'd need to rework the whole southern part of the map for that to work. Sounds like a cool project for our aspiring and veteran mapmakers out there! A Don River V2.0!

Show relic how it's done. :clap:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
Netherlands 27
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %