Login

russian armor

Optimal 2v2 sniper build order

10 Jan 2014, 17:40 PM

Hello guys!

I really love playing with snipers in 2v2, however, im not sure which is the optimal start as russians.

Currently i'm doing:
- 3 cons+molotov (for early engages, but im not sure if i can just skip it)
- engineer goes back after 2 caps and builds T1, then 2 snipers.
- 1 Guard
- AT grenades if i expect vehicles
- Healers
- trying to hold out for T4, to get SU's. I start building it at like 180 fuel.

Currently, i have some trouble at two points:
- when my engi has to go back for building T1, i only have 3 cons at the field, so they push me back a bit (but i can usually take it back with snipers).
- but more importantly, i cant deal with the stronger german vehicles, i dont have T2 for at guns, so anything like an Ostwind just owns me very hard, till i finally get my first SU. Im trying to counter them with mines, but thats just hoping to get lucky.

So, is this a good open, or i should play snipers differently? I've seen ppl starting T1 right away and getting 2 snipers after 1 cons, is this viable, or just bad? Should i maybe also tech to T2 for early at guns, which delays the SU's by a lot?
I dont really like getting a scout car, cause it also costs fuel, and delays the SU's. Sometimes i do, sometimes i dont...is it worth the fuel and micro getting one (or more)?
11 Jan 2014, 00:12 AM

Build only 1 sniper and experiment investing the manpower in other places. for example conscript + fuel cache = 1 sniper cost.
11 Jan 2014, 01:48 AM

If you are talking about 2v2, why can`t your partner supply AT guns while you are waiting for your SU-85? That would be you going tier 1 + guards and your partner tier 2 (+ shocks), you know, the usual...

Also consider whether you really need the molotovs since you will soon have a lot of killing power with the double snipers. Maybe try not getting the molly upgrade once or twice and see what happens, it`s 125 MP and 25 Fuel that can be spent elsewhere, for example on faster tech.
11 Jan 2014, 02:31 AM

Permanently Banned
11 Jan 2014, 23:50 PM

I always build 1 conscript, 2 snipers, 2 guards, heavy mortar, 2 su85s, Katyusha. In hq I upgrade only medics. I merge conscripts with guards. All extra manpower goes on fuel caches.
12 Jan 2014, 19:45 PM

Ty guys for the replies, im playing a lot currently and testing them out:)

Another question: Which commander to use? Currently im using Guards+ppsh+hit the dirt+il-2 planes. I like to have strong conscripts so they just cant run over them and hit my snipers.

But the guards+duo t-87 callins are looking interesting also. Any suggestions?
12 Jan 2014, 22:28 PM

For 2v2 I go:

2x cons
T1 -> 2x sniper
Guard
AT-nades here usually
Guard
Healing station
T2 -> 2x field guns

After that I wait for CPs to call in either T34/85s or the mighty ISU-152. I prefer the doctrine with guards and the ISU-152 as it fits so nicely into the overal strategy of this build.

If you have a teammate, he should probably go for something like:
3 or 4 cons, with
T2 maxim or mortar
Some shocktroopers
a field gun
T4 -> SU85s and katyuskas

The key to this type of play is to stick together on one side of the map for the early part of the game. Without your teammate, your force will get pushed of the field easily. With your teammate to provice a screen for your snipers, you'll do great damage because you won't have to retreat your snipers often.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight