Login

russian armor

Panzergrens

PAGES (7)down
18 Jan 2014, 21:13 PM

Can you get out , yes.

Have plenty of time, no

Isn't that the point? Would you prefer 10 sec. timer?
18 Jan 2014, 21:28 PM

that would be shocktroopers

No they are the very best AI. But not as cost efficent as Pgrens damage wise.

If you put a weight on dps and kept it the same weight for STs shocks would do even more damage than Pgrens. Shocks come ahead only with armor. If you nullify the armor your left with more expensive and less effecrive AI.

Pgrens once again do more damage. If course STs dont care because they are made of titanium. But all other infantry gets treated like altar boys in the catholic church.

18 Jan 2014, 21:32 PM

I prefer 5 sec, or troops not to just stand there when I give them move orders. Also I prefer very hairy women,on the upper lip even.. 10 secs i saw coming. How did I know you would go to the extreme? Is it my pyschic ability
18 Jan 2014, 21:36 PM

I prefer 5 sec, or troops not to just stand there when I give them move orders. Also I prefer very hairy women,on the upper lip even.. 10 secs i saw coming. How did I know you would go to the extreme? Is it my pyschic ability

Input lag isnt the penals fault. Oddly i notice it more when i play Ost. But this is probably due to 100s of molos flying all over the screen.
18 Jan 2014, 21:45 PM

If they(PGs) are dead or returning to base they are not doing damage, especially when they cost extra time and manpower while reinforcing. On the other hand shocks don't die as easy, leaving them on the field to kill longer without taking as many losses. Efficiency comes from what damage they actually do relative to their cost including reinforcing, not just statistical dps.
18 Jan 2014, 21:59 PM

If they(PGs) are dead or returning to base they are not doing damage, especially when they cost extra time and manpower while reinforcing. On the other hand shocks don't die as easy, leaving them on the field to kill longer without taking as many losses. Efficiency comes from what damage they actually do relative to their cost including reinforcing, not just statistical dps.

Is that how it works? I suppose STs are doing damage when they are dead?

Dont try to counter STs with Pgrens. That is the whole purpose of STs. To survive the stupidly high Pgrwn DPS. That melts all other infantry and dont forget have the second highest armor in game. Thats like trying to counter a Panther with a T34...

Pgrens also Vet faster to boot. They are stupidly cost effective when compared to STs.They should be no better than Penals or Penals need a cost decrease. Simple as that. Then shocks will be less popular.

I didnt even get into the fact that pgrens can morph into tank damaging dynamos. Its silly that you think Pgrens are not the most awesome infantry for cost....

Once STs get changed again and all is well in the land of Germany Pgrens will be unchecked kings if the fields again Penals costing the same with kess flexibility or no...
18 Jan 2014, 22:07 PM

Its silly that you are trying to say that pgs are better than shocks. Like you said "titanium armor", that means less dying, which means less manpower spent to keep alive. Less dying also means more killing time. You say shocks are wtf kill machines because pgs are, but pgs are not the main inf, nor can you afford to keep that many due to long build time, long reinforce time and high reinforce cost, therefore the main appetite for shocks is everything other than pgs. While shocks can mow through 2 grens without taking much damage, pgs will not cut through 2 conscript squads.
18 Jan 2014, 22:53 PM

Lol armor is only good for small arms and STs reinforcing 5 cost more than ogrens reinforcing 4.

Sts are damage sponges. Pgrens are wtf kill machines due ro higher dps and they can fire on the move.

Outright STs are going to win. And they better. But for Cost i think Pgrens are better. And i play both sides. I am begining to think you dont understand the concept of overperforming for cost.

Or perhaps you just are one if those players that thinks everything their faction has is bad and the opposite faction everything is better.

In that case i encourge you to fight penals against Pgrens..
19 Jan 2014, 04:13 AM

Both Shocks and PGrens are quite Meh in my experience. Nothing OP about either. I still think 1 CP shocks are not even remotely a problem.
19 Jan 2014, 04:46 AM

Shocks remind me of Assault grenadiers. They're good at one thing only and aren't scalable. However, I find the smoke very useful, as it unpins infantry that gets caught in HMG fire.
19 Jan 2014, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2014, 04:13 AMlink0
Both Shocks and PGrens are quite Meh in my experience. Nothing OP about either. I still think 1 CP shocks are not even remotely a problem.

I think there is something off with Pgrens for cost when compared to Penals. Pgrens may not be OP but considering the role of Penals and their lack of flexibility and thier identical cost they simply must be UP. Anything can be beaten with enough effort even the BS tiger ace. But that doesnt make it cost balanced.
19 Jan 2014, 07:35 AM

I think there is something off with Pgrens for cost when compared to Penals. Pgrens may not be OP but considering the role of Penals and their lack of flexibility and thier identical cost they simply must be UP. Anything can be beaten with enough effort even the BS tiger ace. But that doesnt make it cost balanced.

+1
19 Jan 2014, 08:10 AM

Yes, it has been long established that Penals are not cost effective against anything.
19 Jan 2014, 13:36 PM

I rarely go more than 1 Panzer Grenadier squad. I usually use them as a support weapon rape team and that's about it. They get ok with veterancy but I still prefer Grens with LMG or G43 upgrade.
I didn't buy shrecks on them more than 10 times in my whole CoH2 experience.
19 Jan 2014, 17:03 PM

I rarely go more than 1 Panzer Grenadier squad. I usually use them as a support weapon rape team and that's about it. They get ok with veterancy but I still prefer Grens with LMG or G43 upgrade.
I didn't buy shrecks on them more than 10 times in my whole CoH2 experience.

If i am playing a script spammee i build two. This way i get what i like to call the Pgeen effect. This is where you run around a cornee into the Soviet blob and destroy model after model so fast that you are guaranteed a squad qhipe even on retreat. I wish i can di rhat with STs.
19 Jan 2014, 20:47 PM

If i am playing a script spammee i build two. This way i get what i like to call the Pgeen effect. This is where you run around a cornee into the Soviet blob and destroy model after model so fast that you are guaranteed a squad qhipe even on retreat. I wish i can di rhat with STs.

I counter PGrens easily with pure conscripts. I always laugh when I see PGrens made.

PGrens are mainly a unit that provides some anti-infantry support while you are expecting enemy Tanks and need something that can be upgraded to AT when necessary.
19 Jan 2014, 20:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2014, 20:47 PMlink0

Lol, I counter PGrens easily with pure conscripts. I always laugh when I see PGrens made.

Cool good thing i dont play against you. I roll scripts with pgrens easily. Its like a meat grinder.
19 Jan 2014, 22:19 PM

Use a Maxim to control PG blob. Works every time.

There are players who will use hard counters to everything and group them up near a victory point. Annoying shit easily countered by arty, but still...

To the guy above...got any replays to show, curious to see what you do with PG's. 1v1 or 2v2?
20 Jan 2014, 03:23 AM

PzG are good but they are waste of a meat shield like penals are (high cost, but same HP/armor as 240 mp units).

I never take a contested point with PzG only. I always pair them with 1 Grenadier squad. The Grenadier squad can panzerfaust or rifle grenade, or fire the LMG/G43. while the Pzg closes in to do big damage. The idea behind this the grenadier squad fires first- usually with a rifle grenade which tended to stun the conscripts (2) and drop them to cover even if it doesn't do much damage. The Pzg gets precious seconds to close in on them and open up. Then I charge the grenadiers. Once both squads are in point blank range, the conscripts fall like flies.

By doing this, I spread the damage I take between the 2 squads so I'm not bleeding manpower so bad and I retain flexibility with 2 different types of infantry.

I usually have 2 PzG squads. By the time tanks start appearing, they are vetted up and I give them the Panzershrecks.

--------------

As Soviet player, I pair Maxims with conscripts.

So it's 1-2 conscripts, 1 Maxim.

The conscripts can do a lot of things, but their rifles suck at AI and sometimes the molotovs miss.

So I use the HMG to pin the German infantry so the conscripts can (ideally) toss a molotov on them before they get away.

Against PzG, the HMG works well.
22 Jan 2014, 18:53 PM
Patrion 26

Why don`t we make ostruupen = cons grens = penal and make PGrens doctrinal 5 man squad. And then everyone can stop whining and finding reason to nerf/buff specific infantry on both sides?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS