Login

russian armor

Winning the game, Then Oppenent drops and then get the WIN

• This thread is locked
1 Jan 2014, 10:01 AM

Anyone else having the problem. winning the game, Have a the map control, dealing heaps of damage and then me or my opponents drops or gets kicked for legitimate reasons and they get the win. i lost count on how many times this has happened.
Feel like i have been robbed

here a replay aswell
http://www.coh2.org/replays/12546/kick-bug
1 Jan 2014, 10:11 AM

This isn't a place for Accusations, you need to send the replay and any screen shots you may have to relic enforcement :)
1 Jan 2014, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2014, 10:11 AMVolo
This isn't a place for Accusations, you need to send the replay and any screen shots you may have to relic enforcement :)

im not accusing anyone of drop hacking!! just saying that there is something wrong with how the game calculates who won the game when someone legitimate drops because of lag and other reasons
sorry for the confusion :)
1 Jan 2014, 17:09 PM

When someone quits it tries to reestablish connection. Often times people quit because they are losing. If the connection cannot be made then you get dropped, and it looks like hacking. Ultimately your trust rating helps to decide who won the game. Always play through or surrender rather than quit or pull your plug.
4 Jan 2014, 23:04 PM

It happened to me aswell, me and my mate were playing, it was a 2v2, the opponents dropped, and........ LOSS!!!!!! (really?)
5 Jan 2014, 00:08 AM

Same thing happened to me when I was playing some guy from the stc clan.
5 Jan 2014, 03:05 AM

Happened to me a few times. I am winning the match, game lags, other player drops, no victory or loss cut scene. Then i check my card and i have a drop added.
8 Jan 2014, 12:49 PM

My own topic of this subject is closed by Computerheat because this is allready be discussed here.
http://www.coh2.org/topic/12784/broken-ladder-system

I have the same problem and I still don't understand the system. I always use surrender so my trustrating should be 100% good right? Well I still get the loss.

Could Relic maybe please explain how this works if they read this?

SC2 for example does not have this problem on the competitive ladder, is this a different system?
8 Jan 2014, 14:10 PM

i think the primary reason for this is that, sometimes people just don't surrender they just go to the task bar and close the reliccoh2.exe
8 Jan 2014, 14:48 PM

But isnt this easy for the other coh2.exe to recognize that other player droped and so he should have a loss in the ladder? Maybe I'm thinking to easy but program's should be smart enough to see who is the one droped and send the stats to Relic.
8 Jan 2014, 15:16 PM

And what about when you are winning, and after 10 minutes (me or my team mate) gets dropped.

We know it's not our internet conection because we keep speaking on Skype.

I thought that it was NAT problems or something like that but after opening all ports, we still suffer the same issue. In minute 10 it's easier to overcome a game vs player + computer...
8 Jan 2014, 15:30 PM

I'd like to point out one issue. I play from China, I'm studying here, and I have multiple loses from losing connection, shitty Chinese Dorm-Room Internet, and mere distance issues, but there really is no reason for me to select surrender, when I can just quit a game. I don't fully understand the system either, and what pisses me off is that when I go back to America my, "ELUAUAL (don't know the term) 'trust rating,'"will be the same, so I'm fucked. I just don't understand the system because if you going to put numerous players in the, "rut," just because of simple connection issues, you're only putting them in a better place to simply quit the game instead of surrendering. I used to surrender when I had the choice, but now, why just give the win away? When because of stupid-Relic error, you could get a win for just Alt+F4? I'm sorry to be the guy that is going to be the target of extreme abuse after I make this post, but seriously? I love this game, I like to win, I love the competition, how does that affect EVERYONE else that also plays the game? It's just a shit system, if there were dedicated servers and I had to DL a drophack, I would never do it, it's just in the game, why not use it. Sorry, I'm an asshole.
8 Jan 2014, 18:26 PM

If you constantly try to kick people at every opportunity, your trust rating goes down. If something happens like the opponent drops and your trust rating is lower because of the tendency to kick the system will still give the win to the dropper.

Nothing special there, just simply "what you give is what you get". Just don't be a dick and kick people at every opportunity, try to wait for a while - sometimes the lag goes away and the game continues just fine. Unfortunately the team games are just full of these dicks who kick everyone without even giving them a chance.
8 Jan 2014, 18:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

SC2 for example does not have this problem on the competitive ladder, is this a different system?

its because SC2 both players connect to a server, in coh2 both players connect to eachother (or a peer to peer system).

the only server that is used in coh2 is for the match making then you connect to the player; its why if one player is lagging both lag. (well and obviously for your stats.)

this is to the best of my understanding anywho.
9 Jan 2014, 18:59 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS