Login

russian armor

Another nerf needed

31 Dec 2013, 22:12 PM
Donator 11

You will probably all disagree with me like you did for my KV-8 post but this is my opinion and just expressing it.

I really hate anything that can kill a full healthy squad almost without giving you a chance to do anything about it.

That being said, I'd like to see the Heavy Strafing Run from the soviets being nerfed.

Like I said in the KV-8 post, COH is all about keeping your units alive, and there are so many abilities from the soviets that can completely wipe out a full healthy squad.

Heavy Strafing Run
120mm Mortar
KV-8
IS-2
Mines Rare but it does happen.

Now I'm not saying everything needs a nerf, but given that all these things can wipe out a squad, I think the adjustments that need to be made are on the KV-8 and Heavy Strafing Run.

Mortars and Mines will wipe out a squad very rarely, IS-2 can miss 2-3 shots before actually wiping out a squad but for the KV-8 and HSR, almost nothing can be done about it, they are really unforgiving.
31 Dec 2013, 22:14 PM

RNG RNG
31 Dec 2013, 22:20 PM
Donator 11

RNG RNG

For the HSR, you can't even say it's RNG, it wipes out a full squad almost all the time.

and I don't personally mind the RNG, if a 120mm mortar wipes out one of my squads, like I said it rarely happens, so I'll even sometime laugh about it, that kind of RNG does bring wow moments in some games.
31 Dec 2013, 23:27 PM

Heavy Strafing Run
For the strafe is fine the way it is, just lower the DMG so it can't completely kill squad on the first pass. You have your vet3 PG/Gren and they are gone in a instant is not fun.

120mm Mortar
I am ok with the DMG of this unit as its doing what should be. Problem I have with it is that some players abuse spam it and then it really hurts your infantry(MP). To kill it you need something with more DPS, PG, HT flame... Single grens are heaving trouble killing it fast enought before it retreats. So I don't know maybe reduce the HP by little or just leave it like that and just buff the germans.

Relic said the counter to this is the mortar halftrack with the incendiary barrage. In my eyes that is little expensive coz you need that fuel to get tanks, it will just slow your teching. For something that only cost MP.

KV-8
After the last nerf on the KV-8 I think is ok now. They dont insta kill squads like before, you can still faust it and retreat.

IS-2
IS-2 insta kill full health squads not because is OP but for other reason.. The problem is not with the unit itself, but the AI of the ifantry. For some reason they like to bunch up and then coz IS2 has a splash dmg it kills them all. If Relic fixes the AI of the infantry to act as they should be this insta kill from the IS2 will go away.

Mines Rare but it does happen.
Mines should cost 40 muni, they do far more for what they cost now.

This is my two cents.
Happy New Year!
31 Dec 2013, 23:31 PM

31 Dec 2013, 23:56 PM
Patrion 14

I think Astarot is quite spot on really.

A dmg reduction on the HS and or skip the last pass would be good I think.
1 Jan 2014, 00:34 AM

When the german strafe behaved the same way although with a huge radius it was op. Then it got nerfed to all hell and Soviets got buffed to what the German ability was.....That wraps up Coh2 in a nutshell

1 Jan 2014, 01:15 AM

When the german strafe behaved the same way although with a huge radius it was op. Then it got nerfed to all hell and Soviets got buffed to what the German ability was.....That wraps up Coh2 in a nutshell

German strafe was only 120 munitions and also pinned all soviet infantry. It did not behave in the same way, it was more powerful at a much cheaper price.

120 munition german strafe now causes pin and minor damage.
240 munition german strafe now obliterates vehicles, even heavy ones, and they seem to cause a lot of crits from what I've seen in games. But, it does only minor damage against infantry.
240 munition soviet strafe obliterates infantry, but does only minor damage against tanks.

I'd say it's fair.
1 Jan 2014, 01:18 AM

I feel your pain Z3r07, I had a game yesterday against SturmTigerPeruci. His 120mm 1 shotted a fresh pg, his strafe got my vet 2-3 grens squad, officier and paks. I have the replay if you are interested.
1 Jan 2014, 03:08 AM

240 munition german strafe now obliterates vehicles, even heavy ones, and they seem to cause a lot of crits from what I've seen in games. But, it does only minor damage against infantry.

From what i have seen so far the Stuka Close Air support is just not worth compared to the Soviet strafe.The Soviet strafe is WAY more potent than the German one when it comes to being useful.
And it also does a much better job at spotting enemies and killing them without vision of them.
1 Jan 2014, 04:16 AM

how bout remove the precision strike ability from the 120mm mortar barrage.

or decrease the price but decrease the damage and increase the splash radius.

increase price on soviet mines.

1 Jan 2014, 05:18 AM

If mines are as rare as you say for squad wipe, then why exactly does it need to be nerfed, im honestly over your threads moaning about every unit possible, just play the game bro..
1 Jan 2014, 05:29 AM

Airstrikes need to have a smaller radius of effect on the first pass. In some matches, I've instantly pressed retreat on all my infantry as soon as I see the flares only for them to be cut down more than halfway to base because the plane followed them.

The first pass should strictly be in a pre-defined circle and then it can search for targets on subsequent passes. Make the circle larger than the current targeting circle to compensate.

This should be the case for all airstrikes, not just the Soviet one.
1 Jan 2014, 06:08 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2014, 05:18 AMVolo
If mines are as rare as you say for squad wipe, then why exactly does it need to be nerfed, im honestly over your threads moaning about every unit possible, just play the game bro..

Did you read my post ? I never said that mines needed to be nerfed, I was simply listing all the different things that the soviets have that can wipe a whole squad.

I said the only things that needs to be adjusted in my opinion are the HSR and the KV-8.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2013, 22:12 PMZ3r07

Now I'm not saying everything needs a nerf, but given that all these things can wipe out a squad, I think the adjustments that need to be made are on the KV-8 and Heavy Strafing Run.

If you are tired of my threads, stop reading them.
1 Jan 2014, 07:37 AM

HSR can be comically strong. It can pick a PIV apart.

I remember the SNF match with Hans vs Barton when Barton unleashed that strafe that decimated Hans' entire army. Shredded the infantry, plunked away at his tank, killed his HT, and finished off his PAK to clear the way for his ground force to mop up the rest.

If I sense he's gone that doctrine or I see the plane come on the radar, I immediately retreat with the smoke and pray to the RNG gods that my troops make it back.
1 Jan 2014, 09:07 AM

Sorry Z3r07, i read it wrong, misunderstanding on my part :)
1 Jan 2014, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2013, 23:27 PMAstarot
Heavy Strafing Run
For the strafe is fine the way it is, just lower the DMG so it can't completely kill squad on the first pass. You have your vet3 PG/Gren and they are gone in a instant is not fun.

I think the area the plane covers and the fact that it wipes retreating squads is a way bigger issue than the actual damage it does.
1 Jan 2014, 13:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

+1 to the OP and to Astratot. Having full-health squads get insta-gibbed is bad for the game.
I'll add that I wish full-health Ostheer snipers wouldn't get 1-shotted by trip-wire flares.
raw
1 Jan 2014, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2013, 22:12 PMZ3r07

I really hate anything that can kill a full healthy squad almost without giving you a chance to do anything about it.

You are not alone. All units are stupidly expensive in CoH. You can have instagibs in games where the cost of a single unit is negligible like TA/SC but not in CoH. That's just not how the game works at all.
1 Jan 2014, 14:46 PM

Soviet plane costs 240 munition and can be deny easily by Ostwind or MG mounted on almost every German tank.
For 240 it better does kill something. I would say you are in a worse spot as a Soviet if you went T4 and German player is using German strafe because you have no counters at all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS