Login

russian armor

Another nerf needed

8 Jan 2014, 21:40 PM

1v1 is a minority because the game is unbalanced and becomes boring after a while ( especially in 1v1 where you use only one opener 5xCons/5xGrens, occasionally you will see penals and early shocks). Relic is on holidays ( Pretty damn long ones if you ask me) so there is no updates on issues or actual fixes. I give CoH2 another year of struggling and then it will be on a 90% discount permanently.

It sounds like you seriously need to explore 1v1 more if you think gren/conspam is all you can do.
8 Jan 2014, 23:57 PM

Blah blah blah. You know the 1 v 1 crowd are in a minority, don't you. I play 1 v 1 too, nut the disdain shown for people who enjoy bigger games (i.e. most of us) is hilarious.

I enjoy team games as well. 2v2 is my favorite game mode anything bigger than this I play only for fun and don't expect to be balanced to the same level as 1v1 is. Quite often 3v3 is a unit spam and nothing more, it's hard to get all players with the same skill and you are carried or dragged by your teammates quite a lot as a result. It's easier to gain resources as well so it's normal to see very powerful abilities more than once in the game. It's possible to have opponents gang up on you 3v1. How will you consider balance issues when that happens? To what extend it was a balance issue? Or maybe it was your team not playing together?
9 Jan 2014, 00:46 AM

I enjoy team games as well. 2v2 is my favorite game mode anything bigger than this I play only for fun and don't expect to be balanced to the same level as 1v1 is. Quite often 3v3 is a unit spam and nothing more, it's hard to get all players with the same skill and you are carried or dragged by your teammates quite a lot as a result. It's easier to gain resources as well so it's normal to see very powerful abilities more than once in the game. It's possible to have opponents gang up on you 3v1. How will you consider balance issues when that happens? To what extend it was a balance issue? Or maybe it was your team not playing together?

You have made this argument earlier in this post and it was addressed there. I will address it here once more:

1) 2v2+ games cannot become a dumping ground for OP abilities that rarely get used in 1v1
2) Team games deserve to be balanced to a degree as they are part of the purchased game
3) Large changes that are clearly bad for balance in 2v2+ but do not change 1v1 should still be changed.
4) Balance on a unit by unit basis is done in 1v1, but the meshing of all units together requires careful balance to allow team games to work

Resource points are approximately as numerous in 1v1 maps as they are in team games with minor exceptions. The difference is that larger number of players mean the game usually goes on longer, because a clear winner takes longer to find.

If you are seeing a lot of unit spam in 3v3 and 4v4 games you need to really look for higher level play. I can promise you at the higher levels of play unit spam is not the plan. I see as diverse armies in larger games as in small. I rarely have more than 2 of the same unit in 3v3+ games even when I have 10 or more units.
9 Jan 2014, 02:54 AM

Large team games such as 3v3 and 4v4 will never be balanced. Ever.
It is simply impossible to do so. Even majority of the maps in CoH2 are too small for larger games. Played 3v3 on Rzev? You don't even have space for flanking on most of them.
You can try to justify 3v3 balance as much as you want but it's pointless. These kind of games don't even represent true issues with the game or balance concerns. They are to random. They'are fun to play, you can't deny that, but that's it. You can't even take these kind of modes seriously.
9 Jan 2014, 05:18 AM

I thought 1v1 was majority.. guess not.
9 Jan 2014, 13:55 PM

Large team games such as 3v3 and 4v4 will never be balanced. Ever.
It is simply impossible to do so. Even majority of the maps in CoH2 are too small for larger games. Played 3v3 on Rzev? You don't even have space for flanking on most of them.
You can try to justify 3v3 balance as much as you want but it's pointless. These kind of games don't even represent true issues with the game or balance concerns. They are to random. They'are fun to play, you can't deny that, but that's it. You can't even take these kind of modes seriously.

You are mistaking balance for playability. This ability (Sov strafe) is completely dominating in team games. I don't expect perfect balance and yet I do want to be able to play the game type. It is not fun if at the 15 minute mark I lose to three strafing runs.

I really disagree with you on strategy in larger games. In low level larger games strategy is limited. But in higher levels games there is a very great strategic depth. Flanking on Rzehv is actually incredibly important. You may have three main routes, but you need to decide when to hit them. Do you all go together at the same point, do you spread out, how do you spread out, when do you attack...? so forth and so on.

I take those modes seriously in that I want the better team to win. Not some stupid random strafe to decide the game.
9 Jan 2014, 14:19 PM

Sector artillery has far more wiping power, faster, and is effective against all targets. You know why no one complains about it? Because it has a clearly outlined area of effect so it is easier to avoid.

If they added some sort of circle outlining where the strafe patrols(all strafes) then I think it would be fine, but I have no pity for people complaining about getting their squads wiped because they were stupid enough to stay in the area of a 240 muni ability.
9 Jan 2014, 17:22 PM
Patrion 26

It sounds like you seriously need to explore 1v1 more if you think gren/conspam is all you can do.

Oh you mean the Maxim spamm? Sorry I forgot about that..... Real strategic game.
1v1 became as boring as hell, you either deal with cons spamm or a early shocks or maxim spamm. Sure I have seen some attempts of penal use ( used them myself aswell) People fail horibly with them...
9 Jan 2014, 17:34 PM

Sector artillery has far more wiping power, faster, and is effective against all targets. You know why no one complains about it? Because it has a clearly outlined area of effect so it is easier to avoid.

If they added some sort of circle outlining where the strafe patrols(all strafes) then I think it would be fine, but I have no pity for people complaining about getting their squads wiped because they were stupid enough to stay in the area of a 240 muni ability.

il2 is literally unavoidable on the first pass. im not exaggerating. the ability picks its target right when its called in, not when the plane reaches the flares. even if you retreat immediately, it will follow you. something tells me you havent been on the recieving end of many il2s.
9 Jan 2014, 18:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

IF you stay on the strafing run area AFTER the first pass...that´s your problem.
As woof says, its unavoidable on the first pass. The best thing to do is putting a tank to soak the damage of the first pass n letting your infantry have a chance of retreat.
9 Jan 2014, 18:34 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2014, 17:34 PMwooof

il2 is literally unavoidable on the first pass. im not exaggerating. the ability picks its target right when its called in, not when the plane reaches the flares. even if you retreat immediately, it will follow you. something tells me you havent been on the recieving end of many il2s.

I had one killing the same Pak crew twice in a row after I recrewed it, almost raged quit :D
9 Jan 2014, 19:01 PM

You are mistaking balance for playability. This ability (Sov strafe) is completely dominating in team games. I don't expect perfect balance and yet I do want to be able to play the game type. It is not fun if at the 15 minute mark I lose to three strafing runs.

I really disagree with you on strategy in larger games. In low level larger games strategy is limited. But in higher levels games there is a very great strategic depth. Flanking on Rzehv is actually incredibly important. You may have three main routes, but you need to decide when to hit them. Do you all go together at the same point, do you spread out, how do you spread out, when do you attack...? so forth and so on.

I take those modes seriously in that I want the better team to win. Not some stupid random strafe to decide the game.

Are you really going to justify game balance in terms of 3v3 mode?
You've said you got IL2 used 3 times in team game? Well you should have had 3 Ostwinds to counter each plane as they were passing. I would say it was your mistake of not reacting properly after first plane has been used.
9 Jan 2014, 19:07 PM
9 Jan 2014, 19:45 PM

What? He lost a game to a multiple IL2 runs but he did little to nothing to counter it.
Despite what people are trying to imply here Ostwind is pretty effective against attack planes. It can struggle with a recon one but will get attack one quite easily.
9 Jan 2014, 21:08 PM

What? He lost a game to a multiple IL2 runs but he did little to nothing to counter it.
Despite what people are trying to imply here Ostwind is pretty effective against attack planes. It can struggle with a recon one but will get attack one quite easily.

The game I remember most recently we did have 3 ostwinds, which shot down 1 plane. So balance...?

Seriously though, I keep saying it but you never address it, you cannot allow an ability in a team game to be completely dominating even if it appears rarely in 1v1. Ost strafing run was good in 1v1, but unstoppable in team games so it had to be changed. This is the same problem. It was under performing before, so it got buffed, and now it is too strong so it needs a nerf.

Are you seriously arguing an artillery strike should always kill at least one infantry squad no matter what the other player does?

Ability is OP in 1v1, it just comes up rarely. OP abilities need nerfs.
9 Jan 2014, 22:40 PM

I only neglect the notion of 3v3 balance.

It's also hard to believe you had 3 Ostwinds and only got 1 plane as from my experience they are very effective against attack planes.
9 Jan 2014, 23:06 PM

If they added some sort of circle outlining where the strafe patrols(all strafes) then I think it would be fine

Yes, yes a thousand times yes.

Countless times I've moved my stuff to what I think is a safe distance away (half the map...!?) and yet still the IL-2 tracks my units.

Am I correct in thinking that the OH Stuka strafe needs LOS on the vehicles? As I believe the IL-2 does not.

This could be another easy fix - just require LOS for it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS