Login

russian armor

Soviet Mortar Vet 1 Ability

20 Dec 2013, 12:53 PM

Permanently Banned
Sooo, lets talk about Precision Strike. For 30 munitions, the 82mm fires a 120mm shot which kills any infantry you click on after ~5 seconds. You can also just say "Once the Soviet mortar vets, they receive a 'decrew any weapon team for 30 munitions' ability"

Every time my mortar vets as Soviet, I just laugh at all the paks, mgs and enemy mortars on the field. I even Precision Strike enemy mines and mortar halftracks because its so cheap. It has a respectable impact in 1v1s, but is absolutely crazy in 2v2s and up. How is 30 muni for 240+ MP trade justified, especially since its guaranteed?

Here is my ladder Player Card
20 Dec 2013, 13:43 PM

Permanently Banned
i playd once against a soviet heavy t2 play with Elite troops doctrine, i managed to stole one of his mortal, got vet3 and was gg for me :P
20 Dec 2013, 13:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Thats great, but has nothing to do with the topic
20 Dec 2013, 14:12 PM

It is indeed incredibly powerful for the cost. You just don't notice it in every match, because not everybody is using a mortar to their full potential.

I would be ok with a slight cost increase to reflect the destructive power.
20 Dec 2013, 14:38 PM

Yeah the precision strike is too powerful for my liking. Not only does it have near pin-point accuracy, but it's shell is also more powerful than the regular shell it fires. On the other hand, the soviet mortar is rather weak with it's regular fire and barrage modes. I would like to see the normal fire mode/regular barrage buffed (a rate of fire increase would be nice), and the precision strike nerfed (reduce dmg/AoE to that of a normal 82mm mortar).
20 Dec 2013, 14:39 PM

I wish the Germans had this ability. My favorite in the game, so powerful.
20 Dec 2013, 14:39 PM

Permanently Banned
I was thinking either precision strike range should be decreased to increase the risk of using the ability or precision strike should give the enemy a player a chance to at least react. Maybe fire a tracer first, then fire the actual shell.
20 Dec 2013, 14:44 PM

Precisionstrike has been op for a long time now. Superlowcost, and no warning for the enemy whatsoever. Its one of the reasons I made that topic earlier about the soviet One Hit Wipe Potential which is huge.
20 Dec 2013, 16:50 PM

Yeah the precision strike is too powerful for my liking. Not only does it have near pin-point accuracy, but it's shell is also more powerful than the regular shell it fires. On the other hand, the soviet mortar is rather weak with it's regular fire and barrage modes. I would like to see the normal fire mode/regular barrage buffed (a rate of fire increase would be nice), and the precision strike nerfed (reduce dmg/AoE to that of a normal 82mm mortar).

This +1
20 Dec 2013, 17:17 PM

I agree. Is too powerful.

Once I vet a mortar to level 1, it always ends reaching vet3 because it kills every german support weapon within its range.

I think that ability should do normal damage but keeping its crazy accuracy. That way it probably won't instakill full units.
But currently is somewhat balanced because german mortars are much better at vet 0 than soviets ones.
20 Dec 2013, 17:21 PM

Precision strike is too good (I think in all of its forms). Just allows vet 1 soviet arty to insta kill some unsuspecting unit, but is really bad for mortars.

Side note, can German arty actually get a useful vet 1 ability. It literally does nothing right now as far as I can tell.
20 Dec 2013, 17:31 PM

Yet again, another sov units that Gibbs. The gibbing power of the soviets arsenal is ridiculous.
20 Dec 2013, 18:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Q: is there any characteristic sound that alerts you that precision strike is being use (like with the Stuka bombing)?
20 Dec 2013, 18:28 PM

I think the easy fix is that it cannot be fired into fog of war. That would mean that an observer must be present or combat with the unit in question must be taking place in order for the round to impact on target. If sight of the target is lost before firing either cancel the ability or cause the round to fall further away from the target.
20 Dec 2013, 18:45 PM

Permanently Banned
Q: is there any characteristic sound that alerts you that precision strike is being use (like with the Stuka bombing)?

Yes, it says "Our infantry fought bravely for the Reich."
20 Dec 2013, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2013, 18:45 PMRazh

Yes, it says "Our infantry fought bravely for the Reich."

LOL!
20 Dec 2013, 19:28 PM

I take OH mortar everytime i can. Is far better in fast and precise fire. Why pay muni for something, i can have with OH mortar in free autofire? And if you have problem with soviet mortar, try use counterbarrage. Work well.
20 Dec 2013, 19:30 PM
Patrion 26

Yes, the sound of a mortar shooting....
20 Dec 2013, 19:31 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2013, 19:28 PMAradan
I take OH mortar everytime i can. Is far better in fast and precise fire. Why pay muni for something, i can have with OH mortar in free autofire? And if you have problem with soviet mortar, try use counterbarrage. Work well.

Lol, you only play Soviets anw =)
20 Dec 2013, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2013, 19:28 PMAradan

I have tried counter barrage multiple times and seen it do literally nothing. The cool down is also confusing.

Why would I not manually barrage an area with my Ost mortar instead of using counter barrage?

Also LOL's to Razh, excellent work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 8
United States 2
Australia 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %