Login

russian armor

Bad machanics 1v1

18 Dec 2013, 23:07 PM

Recently i've been watching more closely to competitive games and also been analyzing my own games in replays and notice that the game is really reduced to it's minimal terms, i mean relic has bothered to make lots of units and techs and actually nobody's even care to tech, cause everything you got to do is just wait and pull out imba units from doctrines (that's for both factions). This is just retarded, i've seen countless games being carried on the same way, with both players spamming t1 units and than spamming tanks may it be t34/85 or tigers. I'm the only one thinking that this need some reworking?
19 Dec 2013, 00:30 AM

Wait 'til you try 2v2.
19 Dec 2013, 00:40 AM

If you're winning in tier 1 only then you are significantly a better player than your opponent. You've been cutting him off, controlling territory or inflicting high losses on him to do this.

If you're not teching something weird is going on. It's true Russians usually only use Tier 0 and 2 other structures in 1v1 (although not always). German's almost always use at least 3 structures, sometimes 4.

It's really all about adapting to your opponent. If your opponent is just staying in tier 1, then teching up you'll probably destroy him or her. Conscripts and Shocks can't stand up to flame halftracks, Cons + Guards can't stand up to Panzer Grens etc.

What I think you're criticising (lack of teching?) hasn't been something I've seen in 1v1 or 2v2 games.
19 Dec 2013, 01:08 AM

I don't see a problem there.

You can't wait for a tiger if your opponent pressures with T3. To an extend the same goes with T34/85 or IS2 against T2. Besides that, call in tanks are not really cost efficient.

The seemingly increased use of call in tanks may be accredited to popular players like OMGPop, who spammed the bejeezus out of t34/85s in recent SNFs. People tend mimic what the pros do.
19 Dec 2013, 04:45 AM
Coder Red Badge

It's a game with drastically limited strategic options. It's not a strategy game, it's a tactical game. If you enjoy winning or losing based largely on your ability to micro and control your units, it's a great game for you. But if you're looking for strategic depth and interesting mechanics beyond simple unit control, you're going to be disappointed.
19 Dec 2013, 06:46 AM

Well I do think some call ins are a little early now. Waiting for a tiger for example, would not come that much later than a P4, and is obviously stronger.

Not tecking and getting T34/85s means they usually roll opponents 1st two tanks, which is often gg. Esspecially as often they went ostwind to try punish your inf.

I would advocate 7 CP call ins be moved to 8 CP. and possibly Tiger and IS2 to 10.

No tech strats would still be possible, just not quite as popular.
19 Dec 2013, 15:26 PM

de facto u can actually wait to pop out a tiger and 85s cause if the soviet is going for t34/76 spam your best option is actually the tiger, the same goes on for 85s that can annihilate two p4 with the right flanking and maybe also 2v2.
Oh and you want to talk about the shock spam, into zis spam, into kv8? it's such a retarded and yet rewarded playstyle that is more fit to a frag game rather than a rts.
All i'm saying is that the system needs a rework, cause the game is actually incentivizing players not to tech further than the minimum required, i mean who ever used panthers or arty or even brumbar in the latest patches? have u recently seen any sov player use su76 or m5 to any extent of success?
Moreover @Stonethecrow01 i can't talk for you but everytime loss or victory are related to how well i micro my units in most of the games with germans all i need for the first 10/15 minutes is 4grens 1mg and 221 to reinforce, isn't this lack o teching? don't get me wrong the game is plenty of techs and units but they are replaced by doctrines and i feel this is utterly wrong cause tha tis meant to be a complementary mechanic
19 Dec 2013, 16:44 PM

The soviets get to many gibbing units essentially eliminating late game infantry play. So you are forced to go tanks. It's kind of annoying and I wish infantry played a more important role late game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 53
unknown 39
United Kingdom 57
unknown 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %