Login

russian armor

Ostheer since new patch

17 Dec 2013, 14:50 PM
Donator 11

Am I the only one having a hard time winning with Ostheer since the new patch ?

Don't get me wrong, I think the patch was a path in the right direction and maybe I just need to adjust, but I'm currently on a huge losing streak with Ostheer.

Early Shocks, Guards and reduced ammo for the PPSH seems to be problem in my experience.

I know the PPSHs got nerfed but now the Soviets have even more ammo then before (because the PPSHs got reduced from 20 to 10) to use on other abilities.

Thoughts ?
17 Dec 2013, 14:55 PM

I have not been enjoying this patch nearly as much as I hoped and have had much more trouble winning as Ost. Almost every game I play now Soviets are spamming either maxims into shocks or massive con spam into shocks. The FHT is unable to stand up to this because it gets killed in two at grenades, and the maxims negate supporting infantry. Can we please buff the Ost sniper?

Annoyingly, although MG's got a bit of bite back, cons can still hurrah right into them and throw a grenade. Often times this happens when small amounts of cover slightly diminish suppression. Pinned cons also throw a molotov if they are in range as long as the command was already issued. This should never happen. If you get pinned you made a terrible choice. Your troops should be punished and you should not be able to issue an commands. Troops should also not "fall out" of pin while being shot with MG's.

Elite troops exacerbate this problem because shocks and guards get on the field so early. 222 is now effectively on useful against scout car. I would pay more for a unit with more hp and better stats. If the 222 could stand up to the first t70 with a little help I would get one every game.
17 Dec 2013, 15:15 PM
Patrion 14

I'd love to see a Puma like vehicle back, with the additional upgun upgrade. That way, you can choose, if you see heavy infantry, get the 222 if you see a mix with early T-70, get the other and upgun it. This could do good against Soviet industry as well since it fills the gap between PG+Shreks and PIV
17 Dec 2013, 15:22 PM
Donator 11

I was going to add that the HT/FHT and 222 are almost useless right now with early guards and especially they are so fragile, one mine and it's practically dead.

Not to mention the stug (as others mentionned in another thread) could also use a buff imo or a reduction in cost.

17 Dec 2013, 16:53 PM

I'm not having any problems at the moment. The HMG42 buff and the G43 buff gave a nice strength boost to the german early game. The early shock troopers took some getting used to but a little bit of build order adaption sorted that out nicely.
17 Dec 2013, 17:01 PM

I've been having problems winning as both factions post patch. MVGame
17 Dec 2013, 17:18 PM

I've been feeling like I'm playing the post nerf pansy elite again. The once mighty Ostheer army from beta now struggle for air. The building nerf was great, but now using buildings as germans is suicide due to low squad count,and nades/molotovs. Soviets still can use them without the always imminent threat of losing a whole squad.
17 Dec 2013, 17:47 PM
Patrion 26

If I see early Guards I still feel ok to play against them, but shocks.... jesus its so hard to counter them early on
17 Dec 2013, 17:53 PM

Try a flame half track and ensure you chase them back into the base. The half track can keep pace with them in a retreat. I've been countered pretty well by German players doing that and adding a single sniper or MG.
17 Dec 2013, 18:01 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2013, 17:53 PMNapalm
Try a flame half track and ensure you chase them back into the base. The half track can keep pace with them in a retreat. I've been countered pretty well by German players doing that and adding a single sniper or MG.

Sniper is not worth it sadly, I have noticed that using his vet ability against shocks doesnt really help much
17 Dec 2013, 18:27 PM

Sniper is not worth it sadly, I have noticed that using his vet ability against shocks doesnt really help much

Not sure if this is the case for everyone, but whenever I manage to get vet for my sniper the "stun" effect does nothing. The units have the registered stun effect, but they continue to move and shoot normally. Even more annoyingly I tried this against the computer sniper and it failed to stun the 2nd man in the soviet squad meaning my sniper instantly died. Have not tried since against a human. Is this a bug?

I agree shocks come too early right now and require at least two dedicated units to stall. On top of that they come so soon Soviets no longer need to even bother asking should I build them. Before more mp was spent so it was a decision. Now its automatic. I am having a really hard time holding the field in the early game with this patch.
17 Dec 2013, 18:52 PM
Patrion 26

It works on cons and guards but shocks seem to completely ignore it. If this is a bug and it was just found out it proves that the German sniper is so useless that no one even bothered to play him or use his vet ability XD
17 Dec 2013, 19:42 PM

Let's buff assault grens , give them a decent grenade and let them get in the mixer.

Or do you think this patch maybe setting us all up to force us to buy the forthcoming stormtrooper doctrine

Sounds like a good business plan to me. Buff one side solve problem with doc buff the other side solve problem with dlc etc :)
17 Dec 2013, 19:45 PM

One phrase: 1CP Shock Troops.

@r7bashy: No doubt supermen Knight's Cross Holders are coming in the next patch. Or maybe Fallschirmjagers that spawn anywhere with FG42 already equipped.
17 Dec 2013, 20:18 PM

Soon we will be able to release super troops on the. Loading screen @)
17 Dec 2013, 22:45 PM
Donator 22

weird I dropped back with OH in 2vs2 from 200 to 2000
losing streak -7 :D
18 Dec 2013, 09:13 AM

Whelp. I thought the patch was fine as I'd been playing RU non-stop. However, after getting my arse handed to me by the AI (hue hue) while playing OH (its 4 AM, definitely not PvP territory) via retarded amounts of mortar, T-34, and ZiS-3 arty spamming and its usual resource cheating ways...well, I suddenly whole-heartedly agree with everything Nullest has been trying to argue about model count being silly. Yes, please, Vet3 soviet crews eating three bundled nades and 30 seconds of MP44 fire at point blank range while taking out a pair of StuGs I'd left there to see what'd happen.

18 Dec 2013, 09:23 AM

Despite playing OH in only about a third of my 1v1 games, my OH rank is actually better than my SU rank since the latest patch.
19 Dec 2013, 23:55 PM

Yeah, Germans feel very underpowered now, from early game to late game, only thing they have atm to save them is the ACE, which isn't incredibly hard to counter.
20 Dec 2013, 03:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2013, 09:13 AMVolsky
Whelp. I thought the patch was fine as I'd been playing RU non-stop. However, after getting my arse handed to me by the AI (hue hue) while playing OH (its 4 AM, definitely not PvP territory) via retarded amounts of mortar, T-34, and ZiS-3 arty spamming and its usual resource cheating ways...well, I suddenly whole-heartedly agree with everything Nullest has been trying to argue about model count being silly. Yes, please, Vet3 soviet crews eating three bundled nades and 30 seconds of MP44 fire at point blank range while taking out a pair of StuGs I'd left there to see what'd happen.

the ai gets buff to stats all over the place in single player.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★