Login

russian armor

remove sector artillery and IL2 attacks

15 Dec 2013, 17:20 PM

remove them, you know why relic, its not funny stupid clowns
15 Dec 2013, 17:25 PM

Sector artillery requires vision to shoot at targets and only covers one sector. I'd say it's fine.
IL-2 strafe though... just call it somewhere and watch it own the map.
We're getting Ostwinds every game now, just to counter this.
15 Dec 2013, 17:26 PM

Hi mom, I was here.
15 Dec 2013, 17:40 PM

Seriously tough, sector arty is just within a point and costs 200 ammo. You can just move out of the range of it and make the opponent lose 200 Ammo.
About the IL-2, i think it would be ok if they also buffed the Stuka close air support.
It is just too weak for what it is.
15 Dec 2013, 17:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

want to post a meme soooo bad but i can't. :( (stupid badge)
15 Dec 2013, 19:21 PM

They are both fine. I just played a 1v1 where there were 2 IL-2 strafes called in. I lost one squad and a few men here and there. One of the birds was even shot down on it's second pass by a PIV top gunner.

That was 480 munitions which were not spent on mines, barrages, molotovs, (AT) grenades, other call-ins etc.

15 Dec 2013, 19:27 PM

Seriously tough, sector arty is just within a point and costs 200 ammo. You can just move out of the range of it and make the opponent lose 200 Ammo.
About the IL-2, i think it would be ok if they also buffed the Stuka close air support.
It is just too weak for what it is.

Have you tried Stuka close air support recently? It has received a huge buff. First it dealt 80dmg with a penetrating hit, 0dmg on deflection. Now, it deals 120dmg on a penetrating hit, and 80dmg on deflection. It's much, much more potent against vehicles than the IL-2.
15 Dec 2013, 19:34 PM

Agreed, IL-2 does little to none damage to vehicles
15 Dec 2013, 19:41 PM

Have you tried Stuka close air support recently? It has received a huge buff. First it dealt 80dmg with a penetrating hit, 0dmg on deflection. Now, it deals 120dmg on a penetrating hit, and 80dmg on deflection. It's much, much more potent against vehicles than the IL-2.

Yes the Stuka was always more potent against vehicles than infantry, and i think it is intended, however the IL-2 Is much more usefull than the Stuka Close Air Support. And most of the times the Stuka doesnt target enemies like the IL-2, it just stays flying around and doing useless damage to infantry
15 Dec 2013, 19:50 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2013, 17:20 PMatwar

No

pls l2p -__-
15 Dec 2013, 20:44 PM

No

pls l2p -__-

??? learn to play what, idiot? is pressing R high level skill for you? I never said those abilities are overpowered, you counter them by pressing R, thats the sad part. Those abilities dont belong to this game, this game is about playing with the things that soldiers experience everyday like cover, throwing granades, dodging granades, dealing with some tank, in conclusion: small action, because you dont control armies in this game, you control soldiers. Doesnt Sector artillery belong to huge battles like Kursk battle? If these abilities hit they kill to much troops thats what is out of control
15 Dec 2013, 20:46 PM

I'm sure air strikes and artillery were more prevalent than Elephants and Ostwinds. Wasn't artillery fire the #1 cause of death in ww2?
15 Dec 2013, 20:48 PM

Retreating is not a counter to IL2 - it'll follow and kill them.
16 Dec 2013, 22:36 PM

Stuka strafe will kill a full health IS2 on it own now if the IS2 is engine damaged.

At least these abilities are late game and require a lot of munis. Relic moved away from American airborne strafe and Infantry arty at 2 CP which instantly countered the 1st pak for a quick M8.

They made arty more late game.
16 Dec 2013, 22:41 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2013, 20:44 PMatwar

??? learn to play what, idiot? is pressing R high level skill for you? I never said those abilities are overpowered, you counter them by pressing R, thats the sad part. Those abilities dont belong to this game, this game is about playing with the things that soldiers experience everyday like cover, throwing granades, dodging granades, dealing with some tank, in conclusion: small action, because you dont control armies in this game, you control soldiers. Doesnt Sector artillery belong to huge battles like Kursk battle? If these abilities hit they kill to much troops thats what is out of control

No, but gaining map control over the enemy requires skill. Do that and nothing will happen if the enemy presses R =)
16 Dec 2013, 22:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2013, 20:44 PMatwar

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2013, 17:20 PMatwar

when you post a message like this do you really expect to get a positive answer? ^
18 Dec 2013, 06:40 AM

Yes the Stuka was always more potent against vehicles than infantry, and i think it is intended, however the IL-2 Is much more usefull than the Stuka Close Air Support. And most of the times the Stuka doesnt target enemies like the IL-2, it just stays flying around and doing useless damage to infantry

Completely untrue.

Failed strafes happen to both sides.

IMO strafing is too powerfull for both factions.
22 Dec 2013, 10:15 AM

Nope, they're both fine. Learn to adapt. Play smarter and think more strategically.
22 Dec 2013, 10:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2013, 10:15 AMardenx
Nope, they're both fine. Learn to adapt. Play smarter and think more strategically.

Did you watch G2 and G3 of Barton vs Hans, the most recent matches? The strafe just about hard-counters german players in T2- Paks, MGs, Mortars, light vehicles, and infantry that doesn't instantly retreat (and sometimes infantry that does retreat, but slower than the wall of cannon shells). I believe in one of the games (G2 I think) the IL2 was called in a full screen away yet still managed to kill Han's pak, which was a game ender as Barton had 4 T34s.

There's no adapting to that- playing 'smarter' will not help- positioning and spreading units does nothing due to the massive search radius of the strafe, and neither will 'thinking more strategically'- unless by that, you mean denying infantry-based play entirely.
22 Dec 2013, 10:54 AM

Strafe (skillplane) needs nerf. It causes squad wipes even when you instantly retreat your infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 34
South Africa 1
Germany 529
Peru 5
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L