Login

russian armor

Building nerf.

13 Dec 2013, 18:39 PM

Actually I think it's better- previously it would have been the guy in the window dying outright, then the next guy who took his place, so on and so forth.

Now it's spread out, so you can retreat and heal up for no cost. Rate of damage taken overall should be the same.

i was allways like that. but before they lasted longer (bullshit longer thats why it needed the nerf). the trade off of buildings was supposed to be less damage for more survivability, right now its less damage and less survivabilty, right now they are pretty much worthless. only good for mgs so they auto switch sides and become harder to flank.
13 Dec 2013, 18:47 PM

I disagree, houses are situational and knowing when to use them is important. They should not always be better than cover. In addition, they give you increased LOS and stop units from freezing. They also absorb artillery rounds for units behind them, and act as a sight block. They may not function now as free bunkers, but I like this.

I hate, absolutely hate, when two players are running for the same house, and pathing or a mere second is all that separates the win from the loss at the beginning of the game. It should always be deeper than this. Houses now do this better, by not guaranteeing a win.

Use them with AT squads to get good hits on tanks, or try them with mgs to cut off areas. One window is sufficient for these units.

i disagree. running for a house its an important factor in combats, so much as they become strongholds and get usualy bombarded in actual combat.

in the game its supposed to be a trade off. you pretty much have a stronger control of the surrounding zone but then you loose mobility and damage output. the cold stuff is only for winter maps, and the at stuff is even more situational. as i said they only work to place mgs because they auto rotate. other than that in their current state they are just pretty interactable debriss, you could pretty much replace the houses with woods and watchtowers it wont make much of a diference.

i reiterate in case people forget their current state is better than the previous state. but this state is wrong too.
13 Dec 2013, 18:52 PM

i disagree. running for a house its an important factor in combats, so much as they become strongholds and get usualy bombarded in actual combat.

But now if both players feel the house is important it must truly be. Before you could send a stupidly weak unit in to halt all advance of approaching forces while they slowly dealt with it. Now you really have to decide what the advantage might be.

Also many times houses are in areas where green cover is not close by. If you are tactical in what unit you put inside you can maximize damage output while minimizing damage.

Don't forget all the LOS advantages you get in a house. I often pop in an out of them to get a good view of my enemy.

They are still part of the meta, but they are no longer bunkers. Since we can't simulate clearing houses, making them weaker is a better option.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 13 Dec 2013, 19:00 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Just to clarify, only AOE weapons result in shared damage between entities. Small arms does not use shared damage modifiers.
13 Dec 2013, 19:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Ah, so vehicles won't snipe individual members in buildings as much but will damage every man in a squad a little?
13 Dec 2013, 19:16 PM

I welcome the buidling nerf, they still give some advantages (sight bonuses, 360 degree cover) but dont dominate the game as much as they did before.
13 Dec 2013, 19:19 PM

But now if both players feel the house is important it must truly be. Before you could send a stupidly weak unit in to halt all advance of approaching forces while they slowly dealt with it. Now you really have to decide what the advantage might be.

Also many times houses are in areas where green cover is not close by. If you are tactical in what unit you put inside you can maximize damage output while minimizing damage.

Don't forget all the LOS advantages you get in a house. I often pop in an out of them to get a good view of my enemy.

They are still part of the meta, but they are no longer bunkers. Since we can't simulate clearing houses, making them weaker is a better option.

look i agree with all you are saying, but buildings need a tweak their current state is not the optimal state. they are more of a disadvantage than an advantage. no one chooses a disadvantage. scouting is no the purpose of the house.

something to be picked because there is nothing else better is represented by debris. in thise case houses have become glorified debris.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★