Login

russian armor

Patch Notes Discussion (Dec. 10th)

PAGES (12)down
11 Dec 2013, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 20:03 PMakula
I sent a replay to breaking brad showing how broken soviet industry was. his response? repair depots have too many hitpoints (and sure enough this was changed in the patch!)

Yeah he is probably right. Whenever I get raped by a 4:30 T70 and a second one at 5:30, I always think to myself: "Damn, if only I could take out those repair stations 50% faster!"
11 Dec 2013, 20:11 PM

Yeah he is probably right. Whenever I get raped by a 4:30 T70 and a second one at 5:30, I always think to myself: "Damn, if only I could take out those repair stations 50% faster!"

Lolz. Indeed, repair stations were broken before, but this was not the biggest obvious problem with SI. I suspect they wanted to see what drops in the price of AT guns would do to SI. I still think it (and Elite) deserve to be smacked into the sun with the nerf bat.
11 Dec 2013, 20:13 PM

Moving Penalty
Moving vehicles now receive a 2x scatter penalty in addition to the 0.5 accuracy penalty

Soviet Industry
No longer decreases the build times of Soviet buildings

Soviet Repair Station
Building health reduced from 600HP to 300HP

German Pak 40 AT Gun
Cost reduced from 360 to 320

Good luck trying to do reliable damage with the T70 to infantry with the movement penalty against infantry + Pak.
11 Dec 2013, 20:20 PM

teorycrafthing here. but since at prices has been reduced. i think they should lower the prices of the soviet cheap at gun and the expensive german at gun.?????
11 Dec 2013, 20:29 PM

teorycrafthing here. but since at prices has been reduced. i think they should lower the prices of the soviet cheap at gun and the expensive german at gun.?????

I think the price tag of the PAK43 is fine at a relatively low 480mp. I would like to see it bumped up to a 4 man crew so it won't die to a single precision strike. I would also love to see the pop cap reduced to max 16, maybe even lower so you could *gasp* make more than one of them. At 21 pop it just puts too much of a drain on your MP income for a unit that can't even move. The unit needs a buff but the price of the unit is not the issue.

On the mini-AT gun; I can't say I have enough experience using it to really make a comment on it.
11 Dec 2013, 21:00 PM

Permanently Banned
My rather more cynical view on Industry, is that it was apparently easier no nerf or buff peripheral effects of the Commander, rsther than the Commander itself. Why? Because its selling too well.

Same goes for TA. Instead onf nerfing the primary problem, its nerfed peripherally with no actual consequence to the Commander itself. Why? Because its selling too well.

Id love to see sales figures on all Commanders. I expect these two alone make up the majority of overall DLC Commander sales since launch.

I can appreciate how that may be necessary, and that its better not to beat the golden goose that delivers the monies, that it was better to indirectly nerf them, but seriously, they needed a more direct nerf.

I suppose we can be glad that there where atleast no new DLC Commanders in this patch, but realistically, cynically, speaking, who really needed new Commanders when these two ones alone are probably making record sales.

Dont get me wrong, I think the balance team itself is doing great and has their eye on the ball and has the courage to make necessary changes. But I do seem to smell the characteristic stink of the marketing team sticking its tentacles into the balance process abit, where really, they dont belong.

Leave the balance team alone, ya hear? You evil bastards!
11 Dec 2013, 23:23 PM
Patrion 27

Moving Penalty
Moving vehicles now receive a 2x scatter penalty in addition to the 0.5 accuracy penalty

Soviet Industry
No longer decreases the build times of Soviet buildings

Soviet Repair Station
Building health reduced from 600HP to 300HP

German Pak 40 AT Gun
Cost reduced from 360 to 320

Good luck trying to do reliable damage with the T70 to infantry with the movement penalty against infantry + Pak.

Keep in mind that in addition to being very fast to move into an advantageous position, the T70 has very low scatter so it's actually affected quite a bit less than other vehicles by the movement penalty.
12 Dec 2013, 01:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 21:00 PMNullist

Id love to see sales figures on all Commanders. I expect these two alone make up the majority of overall DLC Commander sales since launch.

Most of soviets have Soviet Industry in their roster. Close to 80% of people I have played with had it.
Elite Troops seems less popular, but still around 50% german players I have faced had it equiped.

Contrary to these two commanders, I rarely see another DLC commander ingame.
12 Dec 2013, 01:29 AM
Honorary Member Badge

if your gonna start spouting out numbers. It would be nice if we had evidence to back them up instead of just hey look at how close this number is to 100. :D
12 Dec 2013, 01:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2013, 01:29 AMWiFiDi
if your gonna start spouting out numbers. It would be nice if we had evidence to back them up instead of just hey look at how close this number is to 100. :D

I said that those number were my perception of the reception of those commanders.
There are DLC commanders that I rarely see, and another ones that I always see in every 2vs2 game.

Man, in this forum everyone is obsessed with facts and numbers.
Just relax, one can talk too about his real experience besides numbers. Percentages are just for representing how often I see them in my games.

Of course they are not actual numbers of facts, and I consider people here clever enough to know that without remarking it.

tl;dr Those two commanders sold very well. I see them in every teamgame I play.
12 Dec 2013, 02:37 AM

well in this patch tough radio intercept its a lvl 0 skill it does not work until you reach lvl 1, how do you communicate this bug?
12 Dec 2013, 02:46 AM

So many biased people, if everyone played both factions, and took the time to learn the ins and outs of Germans and Russians alike then there wouldn't be so many "UN-balanced" comments.

I noticed alot of people saying the MG-42 is OP now.. are you fucking serious... just because it PINS now I'm assuming?

God damn mongoloid.
12 Dec 2013, 03:10 AM

Can't wait to play this patch on live when I'm home from my vacation. Tons of awesome changes. Also rofling at nullist making terribly wrong blanket statements multiple times in the thread, getting proved wrong but then completely ignoring his wrong-ness. Good times. Should maybe actually play the game more bro.
12 Dec 2013, 06:29 AM

I find the patch to be a step in the right direction, but...underwhelming. I never chose the Con PPSh-based doctrines anyhow has Cons almost always serve as zerg AT-naders and a significant manpower drain to me--I'd rather use them to reinforce my Guards (lack of armor be damned, Guards die like flies anyway-might as well get them for 10 mp/man cheaper and save myself the headache).

The DPS change is great in the light of not having singleplayer weapons in MP, but slashing the price in half (without telling us) and leaving us with an upgrade that turns Cons from acceptable from-cover mid range workers to MEH when on the move and MEH when stationary, no matter the range...why? They're already next to useless, now I want to sacrifice my long ranged DPS for this crap? The extra burst length is almost useless when Cons are sometimes unlikely to make it to the target and deal so little damage in the first place (taking into account cover modifiers, accuracy, and damage of the gun) that you'd probably barely notice it. The ONLY time that extra burst was worth it was in vCoH MP44s, but MP44s were rapesauce to begin with and came on ubermensch terminator platforms (see: KCH/Stormtroopers/Assault Grenadiers).

Now, if we got Soviet Airborne troops with three PPShs, a DP, and a Mosin, I'd be just fine with that. Mmmmmmm, Soviet Storm: WWII in the East--best series I've seen in a while.
12 Dec 2013, 06:50 AM

Some pretty awesome info in this thread (and some lulz too).

Ghost-nerfing PPSHs eh? I think that is actually a good idea. Not the ghost part of it, the nerfing bit.

Now we just need the LMGs smacked with the nerf hammer too, which was long overdue even before this change.
12 Dec 2013, 07:49 AM

New PPSh is very weak. Ost now go with G43 and constripts die in no time. Guards are joke versus usual grenadiers blob. (some clever dick tell me, it is not blob, it is concentrating power :-) ) Penals have the same armour as conscripts and versus G43 have no chance.
Only way is fast Shock Troops.
12 Dec 2013, 07:59 AM

Conscripts are even more usseles now,they are raped by everything the Ostheer player has except Ostruppen...gg Relic,nice change :)
12 Dec 2013, 08:23 AM

Conscripts are even more usseles now,they are raped by everything the Ostheer player has except Ostruppen...gg Relic,nice change :)

Now Company of Whiners will target Shock troops. ;-) :-)
12 Dec 2013, 08:35 AM

Conscripts have never been "useless" nor are they now. If they are useless to you, you are doing something wrong.

For 240 mp you'll get a solid basline Infantry unit that can be upgraded to soft counter pretty much everything and does excellent service when it comes to flanking manoeuvres.
12 Dec 2013, 08:37 AM

Some pretty awesome info in this thread (and some lulz too).

Ghost-nerfing PPSHs eh? I think that is actually a good idea. Not the ghost part of it, the nerfing bit.

Now we just need the LMGs smacked with the nerf hammer too, which was long overdue even before this change.

Idk, I think the reason they nerfed ppsh is not necessarily because ppsh was OP (it wasn't - it was good but it's no BAR) but to discourage strats like 6 cons so that the meta moves away from 6 grens vs 6 cons.

Makes for some interesting meta. And also shocks seem to be a little overpriced anyway, so I don't mind them being moved down. I think they were moved down to counter the nerfs to the ppsh cons.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS