Login

russian armor

Leaving Houses

30 Nov 2013, 16:18 PM

Is it possible to leave houses from specific doors? 'q' and left click for the destination does not seem to make units use the door closest to the path. And another thing: Can you keep Mg's from setting up after leaving the house? Do attack commands from inside the house work?
Thanks
30 Nov 2013, 16:22 PM

yes, you must select squad and then press leave button and select where you want them to go, they will take shorter way to get to that point included doors
30 Nov 2013, 16:33 PM

You don't need to press the leave button, you just select the house, select the squad, and right-click where you want them to go. They will choose the closest door.

When ordering MGs to leave a house, use the same method and right-click away from the house. The MG team will then leave the house and walk to where you ordered them to go; they will not set up after leaving the house.

Attack commands do work from inside of houses.

1 Dec 2013, 23:07 PM

Yup, what Areohank said, also: use same method for garrisoned transports, I.e. select vehicle, click on squad, then simply right click where you want the squad to walk to after exiting.
2 Dec 2013, 02:30 AM

A useful informative thread? Nice.
2 Dec 2013, 03:29 AM

I'm not going to write a wall of text like the rest but yeah, the other posters were right.

This is the EASIEST way to do it:

1. Click on the house

2. Click Tab on your keyboard

3. Right click anywhere on the map
2 Dec 2013, 07:01 AM

Nice, I didn't know that tab did that. Does tab have any other uses? I never use that key while playing.
2 Dec 2013, 07:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

It's to select different squads inside a control group or the rectangle selection.
So if you have 2 pios at base you select them, press tab, click top vp, tab and select bottom vp it saves you a lot of time
2 Dec 2013, 08:09 AM
Patrion 14

This also works if you have say 2 guard-squads in a controlgroup. 1 upgraded with DPs, 1 without. If you select both squads the button ability wont show up. So you could press tab to cycle to the squad with DPs. Another example could be a gren-pgren combo. Both in the same group (marked or controlgroup) faces a vehicle of any kind. You want to faust then schreck it to death. However, when both selected you cannot faust since both squads dont have that ability. Just press tab to cycle to the grens. There are alot more uses for this, start testing to see what you can do.
2 Dec 2013, 09:05 AM
Patrion 26

I'm not going to write a wall of text like the rest but yeah, the other posters were right.

1. Click on the house

Nope, easiest way is
1.Ctrl + Number all your uniits
2. Press number of the unit in the building
4. Profit
2 Dec 2013, 09:49 AM

1. Click on the house

Except right clicking doesn't always work.

I find my units stranded time and Again and too often getting killed in a Building because the damned unit does not leave.

Anyone else has this? And what are it's causes?

I started using left click instead, but since left click is inherently bugged, it is no better.
2 Dec 2013, 09:54 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

You lose the selection over a specific squad inside a building once a member of the squad dies. This is very frustrating when you want to leave with only 1 squad but you want to keep your mg42 IN the house
And the rightclicking doesnt work on the minimap for some reason. It only works on the actual level.
2 Dec 2013, 13:49 PM

It doesn't always work for me even if the MG is the only unit.

It's like the game deselects it or something?
2 Dec 2013, 18:14 PM

It doesn't always work for me even if the MG is the only unit.

It's like the game deselects it or something?

As Sarantini said, the squad is deselected if a member dies. It's a very annoying bug.
3 Dec 2013, 10:34 AM

Oh, I misunderstood it as another squad. Get it now.

That is actually a bug. Has it been reported?
3 Dec 2013, 13:50 PM

Except right clicking doesn't always work.

I find my units stranded time and Again and too often getting killed in a Building because the damned unit does not leave.

Anyone else has this? And what are it's causes?

I started using left click instead, but since left click is inherently bugged, it is no better.

That's because of your insufficient micro and not to detect when a squad member has died, then the house itself get selected like if you click on it. If one or more squad members die during the time you have them selected in a building, simply press Tab on your keyboard again and you can right click in order to choose direction.

Right clicking does always work, it's just a bug, as the other have mentioned, that your squad gets deselected in a house when a squad member dies.
3 Dec 2013, 14:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Goddam I hate houses. I feel so dirty everytime I go into one.
But I dont have a choice, cos in a fight around one, I have to prevent my opponent from going in, and that means I have to take it first.

Somethinf quite wrong in watching 2 opposing units running side by side, in a race trying to get to the doorway first. Which ofc with Oorah, is a fairly easy thing to win with Cons. I can appreciate that for the Muni cost atleast, dont get me wrong.

But buildings arent fixed yet. Still need more work on these.

I still propose my earlier suggestion of a building cover reduction vs units in 10 range.
Would indirectly simulate "storming" of the building. Something like reduce the Building cover to 30%, such as standard green cover, against units within 10 range, would imo go a long way to helping fix buildings.

Fixing building catastrophic collapse from a lucky RNG hit from explosives was good.
But they are imo still too effective vs small arms. I totally appreciate the "window" aspect. I regularly deliberstely circle buildings with HMGs in them to force an internal desetup, and buildings do have blind sides. But rrally all that means is units firing in still have to roll against the high building cover.

Edited to add:
TLDR: Reduce building cover to 30%(normal green cover) vs units within 10 range.
Anywhere else on the field, at 10 range, all cover is negated. 30% is still a heavy modifier, meaning those storming units will still not only have to deal with the 30%modifier in their outgoinf fire, but will generally be taking INCOMING fire at a 0% cover rate.

Do you guys understand what I mean? If you are within 10 of a building, you get 0 cover anyways. Thqts the 10 range rule, but buildings still get the full advantage not only in terms of INCOMING fire, but also in terms of reducing the modifier on outgoing fire to 0 when against units in 10 range. Thats huge.
3 Dec 2013, 14:41 PM

Goddam I hate houses. I feel so dirty everytime I go into one.
But I dont have a choice, cos in a fight around one, I have to prevent my opponent from going in, and that means I have to take it first.

Somethinf quite wrong in watching 2 opposing units running side by side, in a race trying to get to the doorway first. Which ofc with Oorah, is a fairly easy thing to win with Cons. I can appreciate that for the Muni cost atleast, dont get me wrong.

But buildings arent fixed yet. Still need more work on these.

I still propose my earlier suggestion of a building cover reduction vs units in 10 range.
Would indirectly simulate "storming" of the building. Something like reduce the Building cover to 30%, such as standard green cover, against units within 10 range, would imo go a long way to helping fix buildings.

THIS THIS THIS RELIC WAKE UP THIS THIS THIS
5 Dec 2013, 09:43 AM

That's because of your insufficient micro .

Yes, yes, I know! No need to rub it in! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 100
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak