Login

russian armor

The Community: Main reason why the game is "Unblanced"

29 Nov 2013, 15:34 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 15:29 PMNullist

DoW2. Same thing. GR was poison. Good riddance and three cheers for Coh2.org!

If you have further personal barbs, take them to PM, and stop derailing.

Any ideas why you were banned from GR.org then? Their moderation is pretty lenient by all accounts.
29 Nov 2013, 15:45 PM
Coder Red Badge

So your whole statement is based on assumption rather than actually knowing the process the balance teams at valve, riot and blizzard implements?

Huh? My assumption that discussions are had between developers and competitive players is taken from the knowledge that developers base balance decisions on competitive games. There's lots of evidence that that is the case. Discussions just seem like the next logical step in a process that is already occurring.
29 Nov 2013, 15:45 PM

Permanently Banned

Any ideas why you were banned from GR.org then? Their moderation is pretty lenient by all accounts.

Yes, infact. I was banned for having latin in my sig.

It said: "Si vis pacem, para bellum".

Apparently that violated the forums "only english" rule.

That's how lenient their moderation was.

GR. What a shithole.
29 Nov 2013, 16:00 PM

@ OP
Whiners gonna whine...

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 10:20 AMbogeuh
thats just human nature
blame it on something/someone else
resist change

+1

Also I have to laugh about GR vs coh2.org argument. I used to be on staff on GR (trying to actively improve the community - lol) so I know firsthand how shitty and ungrateful the community there could be and I`m not loosing any sleep over the decline of GR. That being said, it was still at least 2 levels above coh2.org.

Funny seeing Nullist still butthurt about being banned on GR. Seems like the moderation there worked definitely better then on this site :D
29 Nov 2013, 16:00 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 15:45 PMNullist

GR. What a shithole.

HA! If only CoH2.org mods would find it in themselves to use such a banal excuse to ban you', we'd all be better off :)

The sheer number of people hating on you in threads, chat, fanclub etc. should be a wakeup-call. Alas, time has taught us otherwise...
29 Nov 2013, 16:02 PM

Permanently Banned
Old GR haters still hating, I see.

Some things never change.
29 Nov 2013, 16:05 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 15:45 PMNullist

GR. What a shithole.

Are you sure there's not something else? Again I find it very hard to believe they would perma ban you over latin in a signature when something as heinous as cheating in game would only net you a suspension for a month if I recall correctly.
29 Nov 2013, 16:07 PM

Permanently Banned

Are you sure there's not something else? Again I find it very hard to believe they would perma ban you over latin in a signature when something as heinous as cheating in game would only net you a suspension for a month if I recall correctly.

Yes. That was all.

Latin in sig. Violation of "english only" rule. Permaban.

Not that I care. As I said, place was one of the worst cesspools ive ever come across.
Even /b/ rates higher in terms of class.
29 Nov 2013, 16:21 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 15:45 PMInverse

Huh? My assumption that discussions are had between developers and competitive players is taken from the knowledge that developers base balance decisions on competitive games. There's lots of evidence that that is the case. Discussions just seem like the next logical step in a process that is already occurring.

Watch a show like state of the game, where top players discuss the happenings of the SC2 scene.

There is something I've noticed on that show and there is never any mention of any communication with a developer.

Why is that important? It's important because there are no discussions.

Sometimes it's best for the developer to do what they feel is right for the game they have made. Design by committee doesn't work and the best games are the ones that have a very strong designer at the helm.

Take Shigeru Miyamoto, he is second to no one. He's sold more software than any other developer in the world and is infamous for canning years of work if he alone doesn't find the game fun to play.

I strongly believe the games that we find fun to play are a result of this thinking amongst the developers.
29 Nov 2013, 16:26 PM
Coder Red Badge

I never said there were discussions with developers. I said developers look at professional games when making balance decisions.
29 Nov 2013, 16:29 PM
Benefactor 115

yet so many professional gamers are unhappy about patch releases, for many games. Do you not find that odd?
29 Nov 2013, 16:31 PM
Coder Red Badge

You say many games yet only reference SC2, and you say so many professional gamers yet only reference State of the Game. A few players of one game doesn't sound like much to me.
29 Nov 2013, 16:34 PM
Benefactor 115

just do a search and you'll see what you would expect:
he was regarded as a low level player, a rager, a flamer, and a faction fanboy.
nothing new under the sun ;)
29 Nov 2013, 16:51 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 16:34 PMtuvok
just do a search and you'll see what you would expect:
he was regarded as a low level player, a rager, a flamer, and a faction fanboy.
nothing new under the sun ;)

No, I think I inadvertently pissed off an admins girlfriends during her period, who for some inexplicable reason had mod status though she didnt even actually play any of the games featured on GR, least of all DoW2.

For her, latin in sig was all the excuse she needed.

As I said, GR=shithole, and shame on anyone trying to defend it as anything but that.
But keep up the ad hominem, tuvok! Clearly its your preferred style for constructive/reasonable/civil posting!
29 Nov 2013, 16:56 PM
Benefactor 115

I can be much more incivil than this.
Am I not allowed to think that you are a big nuisance to this community?
The fact that your reputation elsewhere was similar comes to no surprise.
29 Nov 2013, 17:02 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 16:56 PMtuvok
I can be much more incivil than this.
Am I not allowed to think that you are a big nuisance to this community?
The fact that your reputation elsewhere was similar comes to no surprise.

I can say the exact same about you on all points.
Better off just dropping it.
Dont come at me, and I wont come at you either.
29 Nov 2013, 17:07 PM

ye lets blame the community
29 Nov 2013, 17:13 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 17:02 PMNullist

I can say the exact same about you on all points.

what? I am a big nuisance for you maybe I don't see some many "haters" picking on me. And I don't seem to have a similar reputation in other game communities.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 17:02 PMNullist

Better off just dropping it.

The only way to drop it would be to stop posting on this forum, since it's impossible to talk about anything without having you turn any thread in a stupid mess.
29 Nov 2013, 17:14 PM

Permanently Banned
Well, atleast I tried.
29 Nov 2013, 17:23 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 16:31 PMInverse
You say many games yet only reference SC2, and you say so many professional gamers yet only reference State of the Game. A few players of one game doesn't sound like much to me.

SoTG does have a varied cast on from week to week, they are generally the most vocal players in the community however I do agree that it just limiting my references to just SC2 and a small selection of players doesn't give my argument much weight. It only gives you a small picture of how the overall player base is feeling. Much like a small clique of people posting feedback in a private forum.

Professional games and gamers only make up a small part of a game's player base too, however they don't play these games at a high level purely because it's well balanced or deep. They play it because they enjoy playing it, the feeling of working with your friends to take down an enemy team in a moba, parrying chun li's super with no health left and winning your match, dropping off some marines to harass a mineral line while engaging the main army, performing an amazing four way flank on a wehr position and routing the player.

Balance and depth do help but feeling like a bad ass while playing the game trumps all those elements any day. When you make a game when anyone at any level can enjoy you will naturally see professional gamers emerge should the general mentality of that game's community allow for it.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS