Login

russian armor

The Mapdesign Feedback Thread

28 Nov 2013, 16:54 PM

This Thread is here to help map designers with unconventional ideas to get feedback from the community (before they are going to create a map).

[Question]: Coh2 allows to create map entry points that don't belong to a team, but to a sector, so whoever controlls a certain sector also can make use of the map entry point. Some people probably remember this glitch on City 17 regarding this feature (summer edition). DO you think that it is an good/interesting idea to use sector-owner-depended map entry points?
28 Nov 2013, 17:05 PM

[Question]: Coh2 allows to create map entry points that don't belong to a team, but to a sector, so whoever controlls a certain sector also can make use of the map entry point. Some people probably remember this glitch on City 17 regarding this feature (summer edition). DO you think that it is an good/interesting idea to use sector-owner-depended map entry points?

That depends on the maps layout i say, is the distant between bases long enough to justify a point like that, and has to be easy to cut of, i've also tested this in one of my map projects ((6-8) North Seelow).
30 Nov 2013, 10:06 AM

Consider the following graphic

The map is split into 2 x 2v2 areas (City left and industrial right). One pair of each team is either fighting for the ammo or for the fuel. It's not possible to spawn your troops at spawnpoints on the other side of the map.

(this is based on the mapentry_point_player object, but it only works if all (8) slots are used)

There is one connection in the south, which is supposed to be reachable with the same effort for both teams. Whoever controls the victory point at the connection also gains access to an additional mapentry point on this small island which is usable for the whole team.

Your Feedback is asked.

Do you like the idea?
30 Nov 2013, 10:55 AM

The only problem i see is player 1-4 has to expose the rear to get to the island to cap the neutral map entry point, while player 5-8 only have to left or right flank, I personally feel that it's to big of a risk for player 1-4 to go to that VP and cap it.
30 Nov 2013, 12:16 PM

The only problem i see is player 1-4 has to expose the rear to get to the island to cap the neutral map entry point, while player 5-8 only have to left or right flank, I personally feel that it's to big of a risk for player 1-4 to go to that VP and cap it.

1.st thanks for your feedback

But tbh i don't see the problem you are describing. 1-4 have to move south and 5-8 move to the middle. So when you are going for the vic in the mid, you always have less fighting power on your side. no matter where you start, same goes for the vic in the left corner
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment