Login

russian armor

Relic is updating VCoH

PAGES (13)down
9 Dec 2013, 20:18 PM

Yeah, a lot of people are whining and crying about every little thing. I paid $10 for the game 3 years ago. I think I got a pretty good value off of it. I mean really. I wish all my purchases were so successful.

Of course things should be better and more perfect, etc. etc. but welcome to the real world. Especially in this case with all the bankruptcy, etc.

It's a miracle we have anything to play. Believe me, I've gone back and forth and cried about things that should be fixed, but really, the fact we have anything is great.

As mentioned by many people, provide clear feedback about what's wrong with the beta and hopefully they can fix it.

I played almost 1000 games on the steam version, yet a lot of people are saying how broken the game is. Really? I guess I dreamed those 1000 games. Yeah, I had a drop hack every once in a while or I couldn't see the rank in lobby. The tragedy.

Thank God the people at Relic and Sega have thick skin, because if it was me I would have said Cya later a long time ago with all the bitching and moaning.
9 Dec 2013, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2013, 19:00 PMNoun

Can you elaborate? Is this in-game, is it the front end?

Give as many details as you can, we're trying to reproduce this.

Thanks!

Please read whole post Noun, tryed to write this for once.))

I recorded a video, I know it is 20min containing 2 parts, but this is how you exaclty can see what's hapening in there.

GUI BUGS (were there also before BETA update, but not in NewSteamVersion):
1. Hover effects are buggy all over the place
2. Friend menu opens and closes very slow
3. Click event on buttons (for popups) doesn't registers some period of time. Sometimes may need to click twice or even 3-4 times for it to close.
Also the error which you will see occurs when you fast click on AUTOMATCH and CANCEL.

http://www.twitch.tv/blteblte/c/3367590

ABOUT VIDEO:
1. Sorry for the quality, but this is MAX I could get without any impact on performance.
2. No performance issues when ingame
3. Gona test the other day if Steam-community-ingame ENABLED still affects an in-game performance while playing (it had a horrible impact before, when `New Steam Version` was just published)

WHAT IT WAS TO PLAY COH BETA before the update
1. Automatch worked fantasticly. I tryed 1v1 and 2v2AT, both modes were great.
2. Since there appeared an opponent team for 2v2AT, isntantly THE BARS filled up and game started.
3. Sometime could occur situation when someone did not load up, but that was quite rare
4. For whole period of playing BETA before update there were no single game lagging or ending with a SYNC error.
5. Stats did not save properly, ocasinally they just got reset when you launched the game another day.
6. I got friend invitation, accepting VIA game UI doesn't work (Steam-community ingame disabled)
7. We had c++ assertion error

WHAT IT IS NOW, after the update
1. Automatch doesn't work at all. It shows players there waiting, but it never starts
2. Inviting a friend to game doesn't work as well as joining him via player menu
3. Every game ends with sync error. Probably due to AUTOKICKING, the smallest innocent LAG, just kicks a players - which then causes an SYNC error for everyone
4. If you quite the game (match) via MENU legally, SYNC error occurs for everyone.
5. No more c++ assertion error though

There were/IS/and looks like always gona be GHOST games. (check also the video)

SUGGESTIONS
1. for 2v2AT devide number of people waiting (in indicators) by 2, for 3v3AT by3, for 4v4AT by 4, since it before showed the TEAMS waiting not the actual count of players and as I think is quite logically correct to shot the Nr of Teams (for non AT modes you show actual number)

2. PLEASE return 2v2AT stats, Each PAIR of players should have their own individual STATS as a TEAM what this mode STANDS for. Non-existance of 2v2AT stats are just killing HUUUUGE part of community for sooooo long time.

3. Yes, we've noticed that RANDOM actually just sets a random factions before you press the START button on automatch (and it is always MIXED factions in 2v2AT).

----------------------- ABOUT new RELIC's forum
I tryed to post new BUGS here: http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes/company-of-heroes-beta/9562-follow-this-thread-for-list-of-bugs-with-beta

... but since I was too lazy to rewrite my stuff to find which CHAR I should escape for JSON to PARSE my string, and then I realized that forum developers should have done that, I posted screenshots there of not being able to post my writting :)

... you should aks your forum devs to fix it, ofc for free since that kind of BUGS are not acceptible in release state.

----------------------------------
UPDATE: forgot to write my specs
----------------------------------

Time of this report: 12/9/2013, 22:10:12
Machine name: MARTIN
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.131006-1505)
Language: Latvian (Regional Setting: Latvian)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 6935
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version V1.20
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4092MB RAM
Page File: 2713MB used, 5475MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9600M GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0648&SUBSYS_01461025&REV_A1
Display Memory: 2535 MB
Dedicated Memory: 488 MB
Shared Memory: 2046 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: SyncMaster
Monitor Id: SAM0301
10 Dec 2013, 01:11 AM

Is CoH2 moddable? If so, how moddable is it compared to CoH1?

It's going to be pretty close once -dev is re-enabled in the upcoming CoH2 patch.

Unfortunately mods can't do much to fix some of CoH2's poor design decisions, like linear Doctrines.

They also "streamlined" some of the combat mechanics like removing target tables and I'm not sure if we can mod those back in.
6 of 9 Relic postsRelic 11 Dec 2013, 19:44 PM

We've just updated the game. Here's what's new/fixed.

Updates:
  • Fixed Bug: Leaderboard Stats appear to be over writting all the User's Stats in the "My Stats" overlay
  • Fixed Bug: Players can't Arrange Team Automatch and receive a "Unable to contact the online server" Message
  • Fixed Bug: Unable to join games through in game friends list or friend invites
  • Fixed Bug: Incorrect PanzerkriegAT ranking displays after playing 1v1
  • Fixed Bug: Issues with inviting a player to a AT automatch type
  • Fixed Bug: Leaderboards aren't sorted by the selected Column
Thanks again to everyone taking part in the Beta and providing great feedback to use to help hone in on what's not working.
11 Dec 2013, 19:56 PM

^^^^Fantastic. Thanks so much. Hopefully automatch works better now.

What about various sync errors and random kick from game without any lag warnings?
11 Dec 2013, 20:55 PM

SWEEET! Thank god Panzerkreig is fixed.
12 Dec 2013, 01:04 AM

Have been played a few games, everything seems to work fine for me,so far.. felt like play the real old lovely coh =P but u most fix TEAM ladder for 2vs2AT 3vs3At and so, as it was... gj so far guys =)

after few more games.. when ppls dropp from there games ill got sync error, no idea if i got loss or winst only happend once,... but ppls says that they have that isuses and got losses...
12 Dec 2013, 21:01 PM
14 Dec 2013, 12:09 PM

Keep patching every week or early Noun. That is really nice. I thought, you will patch every month which will be damn slow with broken patches.

From recent progress, i got back some trust on you again :P
14 Dec 2013, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2013, 12:09 PMDrJason
Keep patching every week or early Noun. That is really nice. I thought, you will patch every month which will be damn slow with broken patches.

From recent progress, i got back some trust on you again :P

yes i can totally agree on that!!!
14 Dec 2013, 14:08 PM

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes/company-of-heroes-beta/7933-company-of-heroes-beta-changes:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Get an update today:

• Fixed Bug: The "Cancel AutoMatch" button needs to be Locked for Clients when the Team is Searching for a Match
  • Fixed Bug: Arranged Team Stats are not displayed on the Leaderboards
  • Fixed Bug: Some Users can't Host a Match and then can't Join matches after failing to Host a Match
  • Fixed Bug: Arranged Team Stats are displaying the wrong Race for the Clients
  • Fixed Bug: AT Team Stats are not tracking correctly after the 1st Match
  • Fixed Bug: Team stats always display players faction as Random
  • Fixed Bug: All Leaderboards are showing the top Player as Position 2, Instead of 1
  • Fixed Bug: Leaderboard positions are not listed correctly.
  • Fixed Bug: Data in Most Wins isn't displayed immediately after fresh boot
  • Fixed Bug: Text in Most Win boxes are cut off at the bottom
  • Fixed Bug: Arranged Team Stats will disappear when the User restarts the Game
15 Dec 2013, 00:46 AM

Noun, you should release this current patch as retail live so everybody can play it. Problem is that very very very less players are playing this beta due to which it is very hard to even get 1 game. Its total time waste for a player who is playing beta. You go in beta, play 2-3 hour and only 1 game. How does that sounds?

Its not fair either to test bugs with such small player group. Release it as retail patch please...if any bugs will come, fix it weekly that will be best from your side.

I don't think, you are satisfied with current players in beta. its not even 30-40 most of the time...
15 Dec 2013, 03:36 AM

DrJason, it's a beta. They cannot make the mistake of releasing something with potentially gamebreaking bugs. Sue, the retail game ain't complete yet, but releasing a beta too early can prove bad.

For all we know we are close to release
15 Dec 2013, 07:01 AM

I didn't know its really beta. I see, i didn't even know that releasing something that dangerous, must be tested by 30-40 players first to find out game breaking bugs.

Thanks a lot CombatMuffin for your such informative post, i totally understand it now.

15 Dec 2013, 11:10 AM

DrJason, it's a beta. They cannot make the mistake of releasing something with potentially gamebreaking bugs. Sue, the retail game ain't complete yet, but releasing a beta too early can prove bad.

For all we know we are close to release

You do notice, that the current retail is a game in alpha stage and beta means it has already improved?
15 Dec 2013, 12:35 PM

You do notice, that the current retail is a game in alpha stage and beta means it has already improved?

Indeed, Last I noticed BETA at current state is so much better and so, so, so more stable then Current Steam Version. It also seemed to fix the SYNC error and can provide a much better connectivity between players.
15 Dec 2013, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2013, 00:46 AMDrJason
Noun, you should release this current patch as retail live so everybody can play it. Problem is that very very very less players are playing this beta due to which it is very hard to even get 1 game. Its total time waste for a player who is playing beta. You go in beta, play 2-3 hour and only 1 game. How does that sounds?

Its not fair either to test bugs with such small player group. Release it as retail patch please...if any bugs will come, fix it weekly that will be best from your side.

I don't think, you are satisfied with current players in beta. its not even 30-40 most of the time...

+1 played retail yesterday and beta and seems beta much better now with 0 lags and at works fine but no players at all :(
15 Dec 2013, 17:33 PM

+1 played retail yesterday and beta and seems beta much better now with 0 lags and at works fine but no players at all :(

so this beta patch worth as much the zero in math, however they have their own value
15 Dec 2013, 18:13 PM

for those saying CoH2 is dead, have a look at the player numbers.

While COH2 is still hovering around 4000 players, there is hardly anybody left for vCoH. a few hundred!

Though I love the old one, I cannot blame Relic for following where the crowd is. And that is CoH2 for sure!

dude, before this steam Version of coh1 there were +10 000 online at the peak times. dont forget this game is like 20 years old while coh2 was released this year.
15 Dec 2013, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2013, 17:33 PMnin3

so this beta patch worth as much the zero in math, however they have their own value

yea true and sad.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 15
United Kingdom 51
unknown 5
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #