Login

russian armor

Relic is updating VCoH

PAGES (13)down
8 Dec 2013, 17:58 PM

Another thing now in the *new* beta up date, that you cant play 2v2 auto/at even though it shows that more than 4+ people on BOTH sides are looking for games.

COULD this be due to the fact that coh is picking up all COH players that are searching for 2v2 auto/AT games EVEN those NOT in the Beta version or the version before that?

Maybe that is why it takes such a long time to pair up players?

I had that a mate could not join my AT games or 2v2 auto even though he sees the SAME amount of players waiting for a game - then he said that he had not the *beta* version......

I also noticed this when clicking on their name - the ones that DONT have the beta version then u cant see their stats...

AND maybe then coh just shows ALL people looking for games - both versions...
8 Dec 2013, 18:22 PM
Donator 22

That's not the updated Steam version.

Here are the statistics for the updated version. Only a difference of 1300 or so.

Thanks!
wow, that is really hardly a difference at all.
8 Dec 2013, 20:54 PM

...and that is taking into account that the game has a very bugged automatch system.

I think Sega can still capitalize on vCoH, not just fixing it, but they could actually EXPAND it, and turn a profit. Not sure why they aren't.

8 Dec 2013, 22:05 PM

That's not the updated Steam version.

Here are the statistics for the updated version. Only a difference of 1300 or so.

This. There have been days where the difference in players between NSV and CoH2 was <1000, which is pretty hilarious considering that NSW is broken as fuck. I think the majority of Reborn would sill be playing CoH1 at least periodically if it functioned correctly, now it is just Xcom, Lt, Art, myself and sometimes Budwise. Same thing can be said for many other clans such as WmD, Insane, RoM, etc. that are almost completely inactive now as far as the CoH franchise is concerned.
9 Dec 2013, 00:23 AM

Coh2 will be dead soon means in year or so, not after few months. Do you guys really think Coh2 has potential to survive 6-7 years like Coh? I bet after 2-3 years max. there will be 100 players in Coh2 or nobody.

Beside for now, i have seen many times difference only around 500 players between coh and coh2, while coh is shit atm and coh2 is new game.

From such comment of Noun, i can only say that they will keep releasing broken patch every month with flashing NEWS window which informs you that COH2 is available ^^
9 Dec 2013, 04:27 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

haha, before they f-d up COH1 it was averaging 8000+-. COH2 is a joke in comparison.
9 Dec 2013, 09:27 AM

haha, before they f-d up COH1 it was averaging 8000+-. COH2 is a joke in comparison.

I don't think the average was that high, but still after 7 years it had a few thousand more players than coh after 3-7 months

coh2 has an average 2600 players. It was at 2400 a month ago, is new and has full support, dlcs etc
coh1 has an average 1600 players. +200 old version + 100 tunngle + a few hundred offline old versions.
9 Dec 2013, 10:35 AM

Is CoH2 moddable? If so, how moddable is it compared to CoH1?
9 Dec 2013, 12:00 PM

I don't think the average was that high, but still after 7 years it had a few thousand more players than coh after 3-7 months

coh2 has an average 2600 players. It was at 2400 a month ago, is new and has full support, dlcs etc
coh1 has an average 1600 players. +200 old version + 100 tunngle + a few hundred offline old versions.

Yeah man it was that high at the peek time every day around 21 h gmt,sometimes evean more
9 Dec 2013, 13:26 PM

yes indeed, please stop selling coh. It is really cheating to sell broken product and even patches are far broken then product itself if you can't support it...

U rly need to make things happend now wtf 8 month and still unplayable...
9 Dec 2013, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2013, 03:19 AM12ocky

*P2P could work fine, it's just not working great right now

*got it for 8 euros :p

*Pay2 Win would eventually disappear, although i'm opposed to it aswell. They are still trying to balance the game, that you can see in their patch notes where they really change a lot. They rushed the game out, cause in need of cash.

I just think if they would have listened at the start of Alpha where people were already complaining about the User Interface. It would have made things a lot better. I dont't like playing COH2 not because of bulletins or commanders or imbalanced units. I don't like playing it because I need to look everywhere on the screen, turn my head upside down if I want to read the resources, and being distraced by some annoying pinging icons. It's a stressful interface, which takes away a lot of enjoyable gameplay.

The old Cohteam? No chance man. David Kim a famous SC2 Beta tester works at Blizzard, he used to work on COH1. I bet a bunch of those guys work at Blizzard now. When I looked at COH2 developers interviews and stuff. I always felt a lack of vision.

Regarding the interface I actually found it the otherway around, the VCOH interface is not as user friendly as the COH2 one.

I can't play vcoh, doesn't work, I just get a black screen most of the time.
9 Dec 2013, 14:17 PM

The issues i have seen in this latest patch is:

2v2 AT (Premade teams) does not seem to work, you dont get a game even when you see there is people in both Axis and Allies.

In teamgames when 1 player leaves the game there is a really high chance of the game getting a sync error, havent seen it happen in 1v1 games.

People where saying that 1v1 Auto did not give them games, yet when i tried i did not have to wait longer then 2-3m min to get a game. (tried sunday)

Inviting a friend to a lobbygame does not seem to work, they can still join manually.

Old games still exists in the lobby after they are over.

Does the random function in the team option work? or do they just select the last option used before selecting random?

The numbers showing how many teams are searching for 2v2 AT ect. show number of players, not number of teams. (it was like this in the earlier beta patch and im kinda sure it was like this also during the weekend.)
9 Dec 2013, 14:18 PM

http://www.twitch.tv/sundaynightfights/b/485943461?t=25m28s for vcoh info, was there any more info later in the stream?
9 Dec 2013, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2013, 14:18 PMDropy
http://www.twitch.tv/sundaynightfights/b/485943461?t=25m28s for vcoh info, was there any more info later in the stream?

... that was a rly good and honest answer from Noun about beta state
9 Dec 2013, 16:44 PM

What did he say or at what point in the stream?
9 Dec 2013, 17:29 PM

What did he say or at what point in the stream?

link in quote takes you to 00:25:28
9 Dec 2013, 18:14 PM

I don't blame Relic for having a nonfunctional beta. It's not easy to pull maintenance on a game where many of the key people are not present anymore and that is not really bringing you money directly.

We also need to take into account that its is not easy coordinating this when it is another company doing the work specifically.

Here's what I think we can do to help them out:

-Focus on the lobby's services. It's automatch and basic match finding that are crucial tog et up and running.

-Focus on game breaking bugs: Stuff like error messages (visual c++), broken features (replays).

-Post the feedback with a DxDiag of your machine. For all you know, they are isolated to very specific builds or components. This helps a lot.
5 of 9 Relic postsRelic 9 Dec 2013, 19:00 PM

3) ingame GUI is SLOW as hell

Can you elaborate? Is this in-game, is it the front end?

Give as many details as you can, we're trying to reproduce this.

Thanks!
9 Dec 2013, 19:02 PM

When you boot the game the menu is very sluggish for at least a minute.
9 Dec 2013, 19:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

When you boot the game the menu is very sluggish for at least a minute.

This is my experience also. It did not happen to me in the first release of the beta, but I've been experiencing it since the new build. The sluggishness goes away eventually.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS