Login

russian armor

MG 42 The Most Useless Unit In The Game

PAGES (13)down
8 Dec 2013, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2013, 19:24 PMAradan

Wermacht occupy my country. Nazi kill many people. Years of terror.
My grandfather was fighter. Figher in RAF and then in Soviet army. After the war a political prisoner. Communists bothered that fought on the Western Front.

I hate the Communists and the Nazis also. But this is game. I love this war, but I am aware of the horrors committed in.

My friend want play soviet side. It seems to us that the German side is lighter and we like challenges. But in the future you will see us play wermacht, otherwise we do not become good. Only if you play both side, you know strengths and weaknesses.

Your teammates do realise that not everyone in the Wehrmacht was a nazi, right? In fact, most of the soldiers in the Wehrmacht were either draftees or people who signed up so they could fight for/defend the country they were born in. Plus, it's just game.

Same thing for the Soviets btw
8 Dec 2013, 19:22 PM

CONFIRMED SUPPRESSION INCREASED BY 10% NEXT PATCH!!
8 Dec 2013, 19:22 PM
Patrion 26

You are gonna look a right fool if its suppression gets buffed.

He already looks like one.
8 Dec 2013, 20:44 PM

Your teammates do realise that not everyone in the Wehrmacht was a nazi, right? In fact, most of the soldiers in the Wehrmacht were either draftees or people who signed up so they could fight for/defend the country they were born in. Plus, it's just game.

Same thing for the Soviets btw

Tell this the millions of dead. Be silent is no excuse. It is just game, but this war marked my life. West (England and France) cowardly betrayed my country. Soviet supersede nazi and mute us.
OK, it is game. MG42 with 10% supression wil be very good support weapon. Now need some micro, which not before need thanks wide arc of fire.
8 Dec 2013, 22:26 PM

In the current state the MG42 is not doing it's jobs. Ostheer has little to nothing against conscripts blobs. They overnerfed the mg42 and overbuffed the maxim.

And these words are from a soviet player
8 Dec 2013, 22:36 PM

He already looks like one.

While both of you are of course living geniuses...

Enjoy your MG42 buff. Your whining payed off.

NOW can we quit hearing more QQ about the OH?
8 Dec 2013, 22:56 PM

Permanently Banned
What an attitude. What a guy.

A change was necessary, despite your deliberate stonewalling of any rational discussion on it as well as deliberate belligerent destruction of of those discussions.

If you want to stop "hearing QQ", which is actually valid balance discourse, then remove yourself from the site. Thanks.
8 Dec 2013, 22:57 PM

While both of you are of course living geniuses...

Enjoy your MG42 buff. Your whining payed off.

NOW can we quit hearing more QQ about the OH?

@Bull, if I were to agree with you, we both be wrong...
8 Dec 2013, 22:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2013, 19:22 PMakula
CONFIRMED SUPPRESSION INCREASED BY 10% NEXT PATCH!!

9 Dec 2013, 00:21 AM

Alright, 10% more suppression is just what it needed. Let's see how the unit fares from then on.
9 Dec 2013, 05:59 AM

Alright, 10% more suppression is just what it needed. Let's see how the unit fares from then on.

I'm sure that Nullist & Co will find something else to bitch about(Mark Target OP cough cough)
9 Dec 2013, 06:11 AM

I'm sure that Nullist & Co will find something else to bitch about(Mark Target OP cough cough)

Well mark target is an issue....but a very very very minor issue.
9 Dec 2013, 06:54 AM

In my opinion the MG42 isn't a bad unit. I think the reason why people are calling for buffs on MG42 is due to an overall lackluster German T1. Snipers easily get one shot and it is difficult for Grenadiers to do much vs conscripts until they get LMG42. As it is Germans are extremely ammo starved with needing to get teller mines to counter Soviet Industry cheese early on. Rather than buff MG42, I would rather see other German T1 units improved.
9 Dec 2013, 07:33 AM

Well, with this we will see ger/sov player search distribution go back to 80/20 again.

I don't know who thinks that is a good idea.
9 Dec 2013, 07:41 AM
Patrion 27

In my opinion the MG42 isn't a bad unit. I think the reason why people are calling for buffs on MG42 is due to an overall lackluster German T1. Snipers easily get one shot and it is difficult for Grenadiers to do much vs conscripts until they get LMG42. As it is Germans are extremely ammo starved with needing to get teller mines to counter Soviet Industry cheese early on. Rather than buff MG42, I would rather see other German T1 units improved.

Although they are somewhat map dependent the German mortar can be very effective.
9 Dec 2013, 09:05 AM
Donator 22

okay to sum up... with the bulletin "+10% MG supression" its 20% and on vet2/vet3 30% supression ?
9 Dec 2013, 09:15 AM

okay to sum up... with the bulletin "+10% MG supression" its 20% and on vet2/vet3 30% supression ?

As far as I know the +10% suppression bulletin has been removed?!
9 Dec 2013, 12:28 PM

Permanently Banned
Balance/justice has been done.

This change shows how incredibly offbase in terms of balance perspective some of the extremely biased Sov posters here are.

Not that that is anything new. Its been the same on every required and subsequently implemented nerf of Sov.

Its a shame really, and massively lowers the quality of discussion.

The MG42s suppression rate is underperforming vs especially Oorahing Cons.
I find it difficult to fathom how anyone who cares even an inkling of better objective, unilaterl balance, refuses to or is unable to see that Cons being able to approach MG42s THROUGH THE ARC was seriously imbalanced.

Its like these people dont care at all, and even worse, want to deliberately shit on balance discussion for their own selfish interests.

Ill be applying to the beta in the next round of invites (if they'll have me).

Unfortunately public discussion on these boards, of needed changes has become so polluted by a group of deliberately beligerent, dishonest, selfish and destructive posters that its frankly no "fun" anymore. There is little integrity, responsibility for ones words or claim, nor respect for the arguments of others (even when backed by video or stat evidence).

I want to discuss with people who are intelligent, admit their mistakes when they make them, post as objedtively and selflessly as they can, on issues that really have nothing to do with personal ego or preference, but with helping make a better game for everyone, who take the time to back up their arguments with rational explanations and at best also evidence.

I say this as someone with the highest post count here, who has participated in the majority of discussions, and who has ACTUALLY READ every single post on the CoH2 Central tab since launch. There are only a handful of posters left here who can and do deliver quality balance discussion, and I appreciate them all the more for their scarcity. But even most of them have simply moved to PMs because they cant be bothered with the incesant derailing, trolling, deliberate vested misrepresentation and frankly ego driven rather than balance driven lower quality of posting in recent months.

I receive PMs and steam chat invites weekly about how people agree with necessary balance points, but cba to post due to what happens here if they do.

The majority of good posters, the ones who really can deliver, have already gone lurk/PM mode, because they cba with the shit here.

I will probably soon join them in that. No doubt most of the actual trolls and ego driven discussion destroyers here will count that as a victory, but you know what? I dont care.
As far as Im concerned, anyone posting is only as valuable as the actual content of what they post, and there is precious little left of that.

If you want shit-tier discussion, because that is the only level you can reach, then you are welcome to it. Id rather move into forums and formats with people that still give a shit about a better game and are prepared to spend time and effort to help result in that.

Dont get me wronf, Coh2.org is still a great. Better than great, excellent. The site format, structure and functions are some of the best Ive ever seen in a gaming site. Moderation is also largely excellent, with only some few exceptions. Genral policy of non-intervention has helped the community internally deal with the stress some posters put on the community. But, Its some of you, the posters, that have reduced quality here, from what it was.

This is no longer unilateral, informed, objective balance discussion, with effort and time invested, with evidence and rational explanations, with respect and recognition given where deserved, with a tone of argument that is honest, with open admittance of ones own mistakes (which we all make) and most detrimental of all, it is no longer about balance.

Youve managed to bring quality down to your own low level, instead of, together, trying to reach something greater. Congratulations. Hope you enjoy the result.
9 Dec 2013, 12:34 PM
Donator 22

As far as I know the +10% suppression bulletin has been removed?!

Ah okay good to now. Thanks!
9 Dec 2013, 12:57 PM

Balance/justice has been done.

This change shows how incredibly offbase in terms of balance perspective some of the extremely biased Sov posters here are.

Not that that is anything new. Its been the same on every required and subsequently implemented nerf of Sov.

Its a shame really, and massively lowers the quality of discussion.

The MG42s suppression rate is underperforming vs especially Oorahing Cons.
I find it difficult to fathom how anyone who cares even an inkling of better objective, unilaterl balance, refuses to or is unable to see that Cons being able to approach MG42s THROUGH THE ARC was seriously imbalanced.

Its like these people dont care at all, and even worse, want to deliberately shit on balance discussion for their own selfish interests.

Ill be applying to the beta in the next round of invites (if they'll have me).

Unfortunately public discussion on these boards, of needed changes has become so polluted by a group of deliberately beligerent, dishonest, selfish and destructive posters that its frankly no "fun" anymore. There is little integrity, responsibility for ones words or claim, nor respect for the arguments of others (even when backed by video or stat evidence).

I want to discuss with people who are intelligent, admit their mistakes when they make them, post as objedtively and selflessly as they can, on issues that really have nothing to do with personal ego or preference, but with helping make a better game for everyone, who take the time to back up their arguments with rational explanations and at best also evidence.

I say this as someone with the highest post count here, who has participated in the majority of discussions, and who has ACTUALLY READ every single post on the CoH2 Central tab since launch. There are only a handful of posters left here who can and do deliver quality balance discussion, and I appreciate them all the more for their scarcity. But even most of them have simply moved to PMs because they cant be bothered with the incesant derailing, trolling, deliberate vested misrepresentation and frankly ego driven rather than balance driven lower quality of posting in recent months.

I receive PMs and steam chat invites weekly about how people agree with necessary balance points, but cba to post due to what happens here if they do.

The majority of good posters, the ones who really can deliver, have already gone lurk/PM mode, because they cba with the shit here.

I will probably soon join them in that. No doubt most of the actual trolls and ego driven discussion destroyers here will count that as a victory, but you know what? I dont care.
As far as Im concerned, anyone posting is only as valuable as the actual content of what they post, and there is precious little left of that.

If you want shit-tier discussion, because that is the only level you can reach, then you are welcome to it. Id rather move into forums and formats with people that still give a shit about a better game and are prepared to spend time and effort to help result in that.

Dont get me wronf, Coh2.org is still a great. Better than great, excellent. The site format, structure and functions are some of the best Ive ever seen in a gaming site. Moderation is also largely excellent, with only some few exceptions. Genral policy of non-intervention has helped the community internally deal with the stress some posters put on the community. But, Its some of you, the posters, that have reduced quality here, from what it was.

This is no longer unilateral, informed, objective balance discussion, with effort and time invested, with evidence and rational explanations, with respect and recognition given where deserved, with a tone of argument that is honest, with open admittance of ones own mistakes (which we all make) and most detrimental of all, it is no longer about balance.

Youve managed to bring quality down to your own low level, instead of, together, trying to reach something greater. Congratulations. Hope you enjoy the result.

It's ironic this words come from you since you only look at things from German perspective and many people consider you German fanboy. You won't admit your mistakes or provide counterarguments only start to attack the person.
I suspect after MG42 suppression changes you will whine about 4 man squad sizes and how this affect you faction completely ignoring other aspects like rifle nades and German mortars accuracy.
I don't think suppression change will impact my gameplay at all. I am not saying it is not needed, quite the opposite, but as I always use two or more squads to approach defensed lines it won't change my play style. Unless they will over buff it again or nerf to maxim will be too much.

On the side note with the recent or should I say no changes at all to Soviet Industry and silliness of Tiger Ace I don't think I will be playing this game anymore. I just can't take it seriously. Sorry but I can't.
We almost had a perfect balance at one point and they literally f...ked everything up.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 56
United States 17
unknown 6
United Kingdom 78
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W