Login

russian armor

MG 42 The Most Useless Unit In The Game

PAGES (13)down
5 Dec 2013, 15:34 PM

Post your playercard.... I wanna see the games you have as ostheer

NP
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198000848160

My team dont want play as nazi. I must play wermacht with random mate.

Post your.
5 Dec 2013, 15:39 PM

Permanently Banned
My team dont want play as nazi.

Why not?
5 Dec 2013, 16:18 PM

Whelp. I'll give null's previous argument post to him. I'd just say scrap the utterly junk CoH2 infantry combat system and revert weapon stats to CoH1--then you can work from there, because, as you suggested null, the MG42 was the suppression tool and the M1917A1 .30 cal was the ender of worlds if it caught a squad all alone within its arc of fire.
5 Dec 2013, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2013, 16:18 PMVolsky
Whelp. I'll give null's previous argument post to him. I'd just say scrap the utterly junk CoH2 infantry combat system and revert weapon stats to CoH1--then you can work from there, because, as you suggested null, the MG42 was the suppression tool and the M1917A1 .30 cal was the ender of worlds if it caught a squad all alone within its arc of fire.

+1
5 Dec 2013, 19:24 PM

Why not?

Wermacht occupy my country. Nazi kill many people. Years of terror.
My grandfather was fighter. Figher in RAF and then in Soviet army. After the war a political prisoner. Communists bothered that fought on the Western Front.

I hate the Communists and the Nazis also. But this is game. I love this war, but I am aware of the horrors committed in.

My friend want play soviet side. It seems to us that the German side is lighter and we like challenges. But in the future you will see us play wermacht, otherwise we do not become good. Only if you play both side, you know strengths and weaknesses.
5 Dec 2013, 20:04 PM

So a MG42 buff is also what the beta is crying for?

That's pretty sad.
5 Dec 2013, 20:09 PM

Permanently Banned
So a MG42 buff is also what the beta is crying for?

That's pretty sad.

Why is that sad? You dont want better balance?
5 Dec 2013, 22:36 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2013, 19:24 PMAradan

Wermacht occupy my country. Nazi kill many people. Years of terror.
My grandfather was fighter. Figher in RAF and then in Soviet army. After the war a political prisoner. Communists bothered that fought on the Western Front.

I hate the Communists and the Nazis also. But this is game. I love this war, but I am aware of the horrors committed in.

My friend want play soviet side. It seems to us that the German side is lighter and we like challenges. But in the future you will see us play wermacht, otherwise we do not become good. Only if you play both side, you know strengths and weaknesses.

You want challenge? You are playing the wrong side bro
6 Dec 2013, 00:44 AM

i just played 16 or 17 games trying to focus on hmg usage. It sucked major assage, couldnt stop con/penal/shock troop assaults from the front for crap, even tried buying vet. Only way they were of any use was having equal or more mgs then enemy inf, which is the opposite of what a hmg is for. They were almost pointless to use, lost 17 in a row. But mostly due to t70 spam and industry, but then mainly because mgs couldnt keep inf off the paks. I know its rumored to get some buffs but im not having fun with this game anyway, so I'm just giving up on coh2.
6 Dec 2013, 11:25 AM

Possible Solution - increase small arms damage and increase suppresion of MGs (MG42 and maxim, the latter if required)

Reason: These days, infantry combat tends more to revolve on crits if we don't consider any automatic weapons. If we increase small arms damage, then crits become less important, cover becomes more important and crews are easier to kill.

Consequently, for the MGs to remain useful, its suppression power should be increased. This way, we can have more fast paced and more meaningful infantry battles than 6 grens vs 6 cons.
6 Dec 2013, 15:48 PM

They were almost pointless to use, lost 17 in a row.

17?!?!?

I think you have a different problem than just the MG itself.
6 Dec 2013, 19:50 PM
Donator 11

I know that this is just beating the dead horse, but the latest fronline fatalities highlights the issue pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG8182dDHvo&t=9m5s

At point blank, the MG doesn't cause a pin until after 6 full bursts. True, it does get 2 kills on a conscript squad (I think the 3rd went down to the pios), but there is something seriously wrong by the fact that the conscript squad could still throw that molotov. What use is a unit that is supposed to prevent blobs when it takes ~15 seconds to even pin a single squad 2 feet in front of it?

6 Dec 2013, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2013, 12:53 PMAradan

Your use MG is wrong. It is not front weapon. It is support for yours grens. Dont leave your MG alone, it is mistake.

i am not saying it is front line weapon even i leave it behind the lines covering a flag. it will get wipe by a con that charge head because MG42 can't pin con in 1 burst while in other hand, Maxim can pin gren in 1 burst

also another thing i think is inbalance is when MG in house, all mg team will have same arc while garrison in a house which is fine by me but sov MG can change direction so fast in the house just like outside the building is very OP compares HMG42 change directions as slow as outside. i mean once MG team garrison in buildings the only advanage of HMG42 is gone, and Sov MG team is superior in everyway, better suppression, faster change direction(windows), 6men squad.

i think HMG42 should at least have same suppression as Maxim and same change direction speed while garrison in a building or make Sov MG teams change windows as slow as German HMG.
7 Dec 2013, 15:34 PM

The MG42 needs a small suppression buff and then it will be good which from what I've been told is coming in the next patch.
7 Dec 2013, 16:35 PM

the mg does need a suppression buff and increased longer range damage, having less damage than the maxim at long range is stupid ..
7 Dec 2013, 18:20 PM

I agree with Nullist compleatly, the HMG's ballance is the priority issue atm.

But ffs seriously: Early game is decided by RNG ( Cons vs Grens), this shouldn't be allowed as this screws up the whole battle.

By ballancing the HMGs (yes MORE SUPPRESION for Mg-42 and less for the Douche gun, I dunno about the maxim, maybe slower set up time?) we would have a better, more tactical early game which isn't about RNG and spamming + blobing.
7 Dec 2013, 20:45 PM

How to fix support weapons:

Make MG42's suppression 10 percent better, if you remember before they changed the bulletins. Hit the Deck with the MG42 after the major nerf patch made the MG42 still effective and balanced. All it needs is a 10 percent suppression buff.

German Mortar reduce its a rate of fire a little bit.

German Sniper make him 300 manpower or give him a 100 percent chance to snipe units in buildings.

German AT-gun- Reduce its manpower to 310.

Soviet Maxim- Maintain its fast deployment but increase the time for it to undeploy, because atm it doesn't matter if I flank it with a gren squad since It can turn around quickly and continue to suppress me. While if a conscript gets behind a MG42, the MG42 is kaput unless he gets lucky and escapes. Basically what I'm saying is that you can't flank a maxim with grens.

Soviet Mortor- I'm ignorant with this unit since I never use it and the 120mm is fine at the momment.

Flamethowers- Let us shoot with them while we are on the move.

DSHK Gun- I'm fine with it, it's 360 manpower and it's an automatic victory for me since that doctrine sucks. But if it needs a nerf then do the same changes with the maxim.

Soviet AT-Gun needs to remain 360 manpower since they are very effective already.

If the most common strategy now is to spam grens and not to have support weapons, this game has a problem. MG42 is pointless, which allows people to spam conscripts so easily. I guarantee you tomorrow on SNF, we are just going to see more gren spam and no support weapons.
8 Dec 2013, 06:35 AM

Pretty solid suggestions Diet Brownie, but I would like small arms fire having a bigger impact. With huge crews, I don't think that's a huge ask either.

One thing though - I think any buffs that are made to snipers should be made between both factions. That is, both SU and Ost snipers can 100% snipe out of buildings.

Also, the standard mortar is pretty okay, the 120 is pretty strong and is responsible for a lot of random squad wipes. Kinda needs to be fixed, but I don't know how anyway.

DSHK gun - I don't think it should be nerfed. The moment you see a DSHK gun, tech to tier 2 because panzer grenadiers and HTs eat them for breakfast.

And IMO, AT guns, especially on the german side are too expensive. 310 MP may not cut it. I think you want both AT guns around 280-290. Prior to Soviet industry, 310 MP sounded right. Now, not so much.
8 Dec 2013, 15:58 PM

'The MG42 needs a small suppression buff' *waves hand*

I'm sorry. Your dark jedi-knight tricks do not work on me.
8 Dec 2013, 16:26 PM

Permanently Banned

I'm sorry. Your dark jedi-knight tricks do not work on me.

You are gonna look a right fool if its suppression gets buffed.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS