Login

russian armor

make destruction on the map

26 Nov 2013, 13:52 PM

Permanently Banned
is it possible that, i make the map first without any destruction. Then i start the game, build a few katyusas then shoot a few rocket, and the result would be the final map?
26 Nov 2013, 15:48 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

What do you mean by that? Would you like to set buildings / walls / fences etc. to damaged state?
26 Nov 2013, 16:21 PM

What do you mean by that? Would you like to set buildings / walls / fences etc. to damaged state?

I believe what the person does ask if the is a way to "export" the destruction that is left on map by tanks and artillery by playing the game and then import it into world-builder and use that as a script to "automatically" apply the destruction ont to the objetcs and the terrain itself, in theory you coud create a custom savefile to be used as a "destructionscrip" to apply destruction in WorldBuilder.
26 Nov 2013, 17:46 PM
Benefactor 115

I think that some Relic maps have something similar: as soon as the game starts you can hear explosions and, especially if start game lag is pausing the game, you can actually see a ton of shit exploding around the map
26 Nov 2013, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2013, 17:46 PMtuvok
I think that some Relic maps have something similar: as soon as the game starts you can hear explosions and, especially if start game lag is pausing the game, you can actually see a ton of shit exploding around the map

When you set the health of certain objects in the worldbuilder to 0. You won't see the effect directly in the WB itself, but the 0 health will be applied to the objects when the game starts, so you hear explosions.
26 Nov 2013, 21:16 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2013, 20:27 PMofield

When you set the health of certain objects in the worldbuilder to 0. You won't see the effect directly in the WB itself, but the 0 health will be applied to the objects when the game starts, so you hear explosions.

Too right. I remember the good old days of having one of the fuel containers explode at a deafening volume every time I loaded Voronezh.

Honestly, it ruins the atmosphere a little! Best instead to create your own craters, use auto-adjust to make some objects look like they're toppling over, and lower the health of destructible objects.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★