Login

russian armor

THQ is Bankrupt for Real This Time

PAGES (16)down
18 Jan 2013, 21:57 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

pretty bad if Relic/THQ isn't keeping the hard core community up to date on that stuff

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it....the Buyer of CoH2 will not be known until the auction has been finished.----------> As this does not occur until next week, I think you're taking a bad point. Sorry.
18 Jan 2013, 22:28 PM
Donator 11

pretty bad if Relic/THQ isn't keeping the hard core community up to date on that stuff

shut the fuck up.

how many accounts do you have you nolife basement dweller? how old are you? 40?
18 Jan 2013, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2013, 22:28 PMspajn

shut the fuck up.

good point.
18 Jan 2013, 22:39 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah I mean at this point Relic doesn't even know if they'll continue to exist, let alone when CoH 2 is going to come out, right? It's not like they can tell us anything until THQ is cut up into chunks and sold to the highest bidder.
18 Jan 2013, 23:00 PM

Perhaps the issue is not so much CoH not coming out as who will be the publisher. I would imagine they can't list a game without knowing the publisher. If Clearlake loses the bid for THQ we don't know who will eventually publish CoH2 until the dust settles and other companies pick up the pieces.

I hope Clearlake succeeds so we can move forward from this mess.
19 Jan 2013, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2013, 22:28 PMspajn

shut the fuck up.

HEY!! We're an online community full of "BASEMENT DWELLERS" which includes YOU
19 Jan 2013, 00:40 AM

right now, i'm on the 2nd floor.
i don't look badly upon people who live in basements though.
i'm not 40 either. is it bad to be 40? are people 40 and up not welcome on this site or welcome to play CoH2?
20 Jan 2013, 11:09 AM

Relax67676767676 I'm not sure from your post if you know THQ owns Relic and is also the publisher?

I'm not up to date as of the last day or two as I have been play testing at Relic HQ but all the judge did was delay the sale to Clearlake Capital not kill it. Judge Mary Walrath said the sale was unfair to creditors of THQ as no one was made aware they could make offers to buy THQ in full or piece by piece or asset by asset. The judge simply put the sale on hold until THQ obtained 10 competing bids (or lack of bids) by other sources including Warner Bothers. If no one beats or challenges Clearlake's offer to buy out THQ (they have promised not to break it up) then that's what will happen and the company will stay as it is.

THQ owns Relic and from what I can see Relic has just been moved into nice new offices and is putting out a AAA title CoH2 with lots and lots and lots of earning potential. Relic will float even if someone puts in a higher bid and breaks THQ up. Let's hope for the sake of the THQ guys like Bobby (THQLynx) and crew and their families that doesn't happen. Either way Relic is a valuable asset but lets just wait until the date for auction bids to be submitted and see. Especially before we get nasty with each other. We are all part of the same community and no one knows for sure what will happen and in the end we will all be CoH2 faithful. Even the stuff in the media isn't always correct and often can be media hyper-bole. That's where the info I have came from and is all from the last week. No sense in panicking until the boat starts leaking but I have faith in Relic as a profitable studio.

I have no actual knowledge it is but looking at the titles they have put out and their history I would say so. They are still going on business as usual. They weren't the ones behind Darksiders 2 and the uDraw losses so I can't imagine anyone would fault Relic in this. CoH2 is still supposed to be out as planned and no pre-orders have been stopped like Metro: Last Light's has which could just be that studio's issues. It's just the industry and the way some of the cycles go. RTS games are not always the sellers Shooter's like Black Ops and MMO games like WoW are but THQ has rights/published them all. I can't see why RTS aren't as popular but it's strategy and real thought not just point and shoot. No offense to anyone. I just don't find interest in MMO's or Shooters (Except games like Fallout or DayZ) past 20 hours and one copy but I have bought at least ten copies of CoH and it's expansions for myself, family and friends. That speaks volumes. Get the Pun. I'm not talking 10 humble bundles either but I did help support THQ and charity a little by buying 4 of the 10 as Humble Bundles and not for $1 either. The original few were full priced and Collector's editions with the tin and cards and all. Let's all hope for the best and support CoH2 to the fullest so this doesn't happen with THQ via Clearlake or whoever acquires Relic in the future.

A lot of us are rooting for you guys Relic/THQ. You guys are awesome developer's/publishers in my books. Either way thanks for the great products from the past and the future ones to come.
21 Jan 2013, 19:50 PM

Here is an interesting take on the bankruptcy.

THQ auction clouds Volition future

"But Todd Mitchell, senior media analyst for Brean Capital, an investment bank, is not as confident that Volition and THQ Inc.'s other game-development studios will remain intact after the auction."

If I worked for Relic, I'd be looking for a new job.
21 Jan 2013, 19:54 PM

i'd ask for a cash bonus to stick around and finish the game.

i'd also be at least semi-seriously looking around for other work just to be safe.

i don't think i'd be walking around thinking "i'm done for sure January 23rd" though.

Relic/THQ people who are running around telling people that everything is absolutely fine and there is no chance of anything going wrong are really just giving us marketing double-talk to keep the pre-order money flowing in.

its telling they said CoH2 was to be a March release and yet they have not given a precise date yet with March 1 less than 40 days away.... have they started the physical boxed copy manufacturing processes yet?
22 Jan 2013, 11:25 AM

So, today's the day, isn't it?
22 Jan 2013, 14:28 PM

1) the deadline to submit a bid past 30 minutes ago
2) the Auction is at 3pm if it is required
3) the "hearing" where the judge outlines who wins what and under what conditions is tomorrow morning.

For some comforting memories about how the vaunted THQ brand is set to make a "come back"

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/12/thqs-brian-farrell-talks-about-looking-for-a-bottom-and-staging-a-comeback-interview/view-all/

Mr. Farrell, it may have taken 6 months or so, but , at long last i think THQ has finally "found bottom".
22 Jan 2013, 17:28 PM
22 Jan 2013, 17:52 PM
22 Jan 2013, 17:53 PM
Caster Badge

There is none. It's his "trusted source" which considering this is "TychusFindlay" probably means his arse.
22 Jan 2013, 17:56 PM

22 Jan 2013, 18:13 PM

THQ in more trouble...

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/185210/Bankrupt_THQ_to_auction_off_its_games_today_but_South_Park_may_be_absent.php#.UP7WluR9KCM

today's computerandvideogames.com article seems to back up the viewpoint that no one buys Relic.
so who knows if Relic keeps going.

If it were a year away then maybe CoH2 is cancelled...
but, CoH2 is too close to be thrown away.

i say that in some form CoH2 will get released.

"film at 11"
22 Jan 2013, 18:15 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Eh, we'll know in like a day or whatever. Patience!
22 Jan 2013, 18:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You need to start with source material

http://www.kccllc.net/Docket/SearchResults.asp?T=3483

If you have the patience to read through the legal documents, I think you may see there appears to be an issue with South Park

As for CoH, at this stage, I tend to think that those who cannot link a valid source- (not a journo's comment or a blog poster)- may be doomsday merchants.

I was reading an interview with Brian Farrell in mid-2012 earlier today. He opined that you had to sell +/- 2 million units to break even. That.....sucks a little in the current context. [EDIT: it is in the interview linked by Tychus in post #212]

But on the positive,the game is nearly ready for release; it has a stable following and a long tail. It will not make money like a Saints Row title could, but it does have a niche value, albeit that has a ceiling.

Fingers (and legs) crossed

Edited to refer to link
22 Jan 2013, 18:42 PM

the "original source" material will not indicate that on

1) January 18th South Park says it wants 2+ million
2) on Januart 21st THQ said "fuck u South Park we dont owe u anything".

making the January 22 new article i linked newsworthy

the fur is flying.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment