Login

russian armor

Ostruppen Doctrine Strategy

31 Dec 2013, 14:23 PM

I still use it, the Doctrine that is.

2 Jan 2014, 09:56 AM

Permanently Banned
yeah, this is good against STs because you will win the fight because of perma nades.
2 Jan 2014, 20:18 PM

But I don't follow the build order you suggesting in this thread. Mine is often Ost > MG > Ost > Ost > Ost > MG/Sniper > Tech T2 > FHT > Art officer > PG > PG > PaK > Tech T3 > Pz4 > Pz4 etc.

If game is long I might go T4 and panther or panzerwerfer depending what enemy has done.

What I find myself using alot of enemy decrewed support weapons with my osttruppen (which they're great for) and also decaping points.
3 Jan 2014, 20:25 PM

I've been having success with this doctrine going ost>mg>ost>mg>ost>gren/mg. The MGs usually let me push them off the map early and get both fuels or at least deny them their fuel for a period of time. If they've gone for scout cars I'll get the Gren Squad as the ostruppen and grens are enough to mitigate the m3s with their fausts. if they are spamming them then I'll get an upgunned scout car.

I'll usually skip t3 and go for t4 and bridge the gap with a pak and pgrens with shrecks. If I've been able to push them off their fuel for long enough I'll be able to get a sturmpanzer out at about the time they have their first t34. I'll go for a panther if I suspect their going for 85's or an IS 2.
4 Jan 2014, 13:38 PM

Seems I have been going about this strategy all wrong then. Will try this in one of my next battles. Cheers!
8 Jan 2014, 10:44 AM

Used this doctrine a couple of times now, and it does have some potential. Had a funny incident were I was accused of hacking and cheating, he probably didn't know about Ostruppen :) To be honest, I've played against an enemy who used ostruppen just once so far, so it's a understandable mistake :)
10 Jan 2014, 01:52 AM

Permanently Banned
if you use only redistribute resources on this commander, dont buy the ostruppen commander.
17 Jan 2014, 03:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2013, 06:21 AMstichy

Lol, so evil. I will try this tomorrow. Perhaps would work for soviets too, if they got shocks in there.

Old Panzer Elite tactic. Though I think it wont be as effective. CoH2 may look the smae, but it's almost completely different. You just can't blob most units (except for shock troops) anymore without them getting killed. light armored vehicles aren't as dangerous as they were back in CoH1 either.

I remember testing out my old scout car tactic in CoH2 to watch it be innefective and fail.
17 Jan 2014, 13:46 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2014, 03:24 AM1[][]

Old Panzer Elite tactic. Though I think it wont be as effective. CoH2 may look the smae, but it's almost completely different. You just can't blob most units (except for shock troops) anymore without them getting killed. light armored vehicles aren't as dangerous as they were back in CoH1 either.

I remember testing out my old scout car tactic in CoH2 to watch it be innefective and fail.

what you think ,where the idea come from? not you are the only one who playd coh1... :)

what a pity is that you cant just go baserape on semoiskey because of those bunkers.
8 Feb 2014, 21:05 PM

So there is already a thread about this, unsurprisingly. I think it still has potential. Just uploadet this replay:
klick
I think osttruppen themselves can almost be ignored or build only 1-2 for light support or to camp/scout an area and just hold out for a bit until the (real) germans arrive;). It's just incredibly awesome to be able to spam everything you need ammo for. Extremely strong in early game. Btw it would be still possible to take full advantage later in the game. It's possible to try and make sure that you won't encounter KV8 and only then pick the doctrin.
In fact it's probably even better if the opponent doesn't see any osttruppen and doesn't know what going to happen. Makes german players less predictable and more diversified too.
Later in game they are still a cheap way to man some guns.
Tbh I never played soviets in ladder games yet. Does one see this strat often?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★