Login

russian armor

Ostruppen Doctrine Strategy

23 Nov 2013, 11:20 AM

Permanently Banned
BO: pioner ostruppen ostruppen t2 PG PG HT PG PG PG PG and if you reached 1 CP, Arty Officer.

First and second pioner go to capture fuel or ammunation points because it take ages to capture them with ostruppens, so ostruppens capture strategy points.
If you reached eneugh fuel, go and tech to T2, and spam panzer grenadiers.
In this strategy ,you wont need any tank, so all the fuel you will convert to ammonation which you will use it to throw PG nade at every engament. It will win you the infatry battles, and you will get a huge map control.
Later, i suggest to bring flame HT, to finish earlier the game. If enemy brings tank, make 1 or 2 pak, and you can buy panzershreks too.
With Arty officer, use smoke and acuracy bonus ability. Build bunkers with ostruppens at choke points.
Later if you reached eneugh CP, bombard the enemy base with Railway Artillery.

tactic by Ostruppen Commando
( http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198051472935 )

Advice: put 2 PG grenadiers insade the HT and go visit the enemys base and dont let him to tech. ST or hmg will probably counter this baserush but if the enemy doesnot bring them, you will probably win the game.
27 Nov 2013, 12:23 PM

Permanently Banned
27 Nov 2013, 12:45 PM

Isn't this more of a PG spam strategy than actual osttruppen? Just a nitpick

In the 2v2s I played recently I will go

1. build t1 / call in osttruppen
2. build 1 grenadier / call in 2-3 more osttruppen
3. build mortar
4. get a reinforcement bunker around my mortar to lessen the effectivity of trying to chase mortar off the field, if it gets decrewed -> osttruppen recrew
4.1 Decide if I can afford a munitions cache
5. tech to tier 2 for a fast scout car to help vs shocks/penals
6. pgren/pak depending on muni situation. it's tricky because building maps favor upgrading a flamethrower, but building maps also favor shreks, but goal is to get both of them out
27 Nov 2013, 12:49 PM
Benefactor 115

I feel that any strategy relying on Ostt is easily countered by sov T2
27 Nov 2013, 13:00 PM

Permanently Banned
basically panzer grenadier strategy, yes, but you need that ability( fuel->ammo) to could drop nade without needing ammo. T2 can be countered to, i would see how you counter 6 PG with a few hmg, + there is an arty offier smoke bomb too.
Maybe sniper could hurt this strategy, but you always can backtech or S-mine field the whole map.
27 Nov 2013, 13:14 PM

Permanently Banned
however i would suggest you to make a basic BO, like mine is
G MG G, then wait the enemy, did he go t1/t2/cons spam etc.. or he occupy every houses on the map(mortal).

but there are another factors: did you get raped in the first engagements etc..

problem is, i very rarely choose doctrine,Seriusly,because for example, i choose elefant, the opponent will just stop making vehicles and play massive infatry style, then i say for myself, oh god, that would be good if i could have g43, or what the hell i should do with these lots of fuel if i dont have manpower to make tanks, it would be so great to have infinite ammo to drop nades...
I usually bring, ET, elefant, or ostuppen doctrine. Be honest, at ET doctrine i only bring Tiger Ace, because i choose doctrine at 6-7 CP,like "sos,need emergency comeback", and then useless to use veterency ability when all of your units is vet2-3. Or g43, when you probably have anti infatry units, ok,the smoke could be usefull.

But with this doctrine, you can have infinite ammo, do you know how helpfull it could be to the ostheer? It is like in coh1, Wm can beat the opponent faction without holding any fuel, all you need is ammo,ammo,ammo.
this is why this strategy good for ppl like me,who doesnot cares about doctrines, you dont need to brig PG, you can start with t1, but with infinite ammonation, this wil win the game for you.(unless you were potato in the early game, and you face with 1 pak against 3 t34..)

27 Nov 2013, 13:17 PM

Permanently Banned
but yeah, if your opponent is wise and dont choose commander at 0 CP, and bring ST,hmg,and kv8, you will probably s!ck.
Then there is two options: kill him before he could bring kv8
or do basic BO, and make him to adopt for you, not you to him.
5 Dec 2013, 00:01 AM

Interesting strategy, I wonder who Ostruppen_Commando got his inspiration from.
5 Dec 2013, 00:07 AM

mix it with elite commander on 2v2 never go past t2!!!
5 Dec 2013, 06:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2013, 11:20 AMakosi

Advice: put 2 PG grenadiers insade the HT and go visit the enemys base and dont let him to tech. ST or hmg will probably counter this baserush but if the enemy doesnot bring them, you will probably win the game.

Lol, so evil. I will try this tomorrow. Perhaps would work for soviets too, if they got shocks in there.
13 Dec 2013, 01:07 AM

Bush rushes are always a little risky because of AT nade and faust.

Any vehicle can be killed by them, even an Ostwind, you just circle round and round your HQ so it cant shoot you, while reinforcing and throwing AT nades.

So yeah you could go in and prevent them from building Teck for a while, but they have a reasonable chance of killing your HT, then its just a case of whittling down what troops you have.
13 Dec 2013, 01:51 AM

Permanently Banned
mix it with elite commander on 2v2 never go past t2!!!

the problem is that doesnot worth give veterancy to meele combat units,because if it lost models or just get hits, enemy will get more XP- so he will get faster vet3 units. Better use veterancy ability on support units, like mortal,pak.. or ,tanks.
13 Dec 2013, 01:52 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2013, 06:21 AMstichy

Lol, so evil. I will try this tomorrow. Perhaps would work for soviets too, if they got shocks in there.

it is called flame pioner in m3 scout car :P
15 Dec 2013, 02:18 AM

Permanently Banned
17 Dec 2013, 21:13 PM
Patrion 15

I've been playing this doctrine for the first time with quite a bit of success. I love the synergy between this doctrine and the PGs. Shrecks are really really strong, and coupled with paks and an ostwind you've got an army that is both flexible and adaptable. I find going T1 usually serves me well. I really enjoy the combined arms this doctrine offers.
27 Dec 2013, 17:45 PM

I've tried this technique three times today, didn't work a single time :( Perhaps this was a post-patch tactic, perhaps I'm not quick enough (though I'm constantly advancing), perhaps I'm missing something.

It goes excellent early game, but you get pushed back mid-game. Anyone using this tactic today, who can perhaps give me a pointer or two?

Cheers
27 Dec 2013, 17:50 PM

Permanently Banned
i dont use it now either. No mention building nerf so ostruppen worth nothing.
27 Dec 2013, 17:51 PM

Permanently Banned
better make a variation of 2 gren 2 mg, then tech t2 and bring 1 or 2 pg, maybe+ HT then go for tank.
27 Dec 2013, 17:53 PM

Permanently Banned
but if you play against not smart ppl who just make 10 consripts then call in heavy tanks, this pg spam will work against them( CCart)
27 Dec 2013, 22:08 PM

That might be true, I don't want to follow a tactic whose victory depends on the stupidity of the adversary :) As for now, I don't see a use for this doctrine. Hope this changes though, because in my opinion, it does have potential
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★