Login

russian armor

SNF

24 Nov 2013, 16:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 15:47 PMInverse
We have been giving our feedback on balance/design/features in private since Alpha, much like we did for vCoH's 2.602 patch. On issues of balance during the beta, it was a great success; Peter is a great guy, and really smart, and he knows what he's doing. But Peter has no influence on the DLC commanders until after they've been put in the game (my understanding at least), and the developers on the commander team have not participated in any discussions. Stefan Haines is the one responsible for the DLC commanders, and he has no desire to interact with the competitive community. We can talk all we want, it won't make a difference if nobody is listening.

tbh another thing is if someone only provides private feedback and doesn't put any of it out there in the public. how is relic to know that anyone but you agree with it? how are they to know that it is worth there time and investment?

after all the same group of people that largely don't/won't even play coh2. ive never seen developers cater towards people who don't play their game.
24 Nov 2013, 16:31 PM

I think what SNF needs is to go back to basics.

Bring Biosparks back.
24 Nov 2013, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2013, 07:56 AMLe Wish
New guest-stars are emerging from the community and playerbase. CoH1 had a 7 year run uptil SNF4 and there were bound to be known names along the way. This game is 6 months old, and new great players are emerging. This isnt CoH1, some would like it to be, some dont. Also, that is not really up to the SNF crew to change (if needed) but rather up to relic (who wont).

I think they put in a great amount of effort in the SNF and its great quality. Really want them to continue going.

Very doubtful that any CoH2 prodigies (if they even exist) will get anywhere near the recognition that the coh1 top tier players did. If the game has less strategic depth and p2w doctrines are being exploited to the max, there isn't very much to be impressed about. Right now the top players are a very limited number of high level coh1 players, and the rest were mid level coh1 players or didn't play competitively at all. Its not like when the sequel was released they magically improved their skills tenfold over night, which really says a lot about the level of competition in this game.

This can change eventually if the game is improved, but I can guarantee you that even if someday the competitive level of this game exceeds that of CoH1, nobody will look back on the early top players in the same regard that was had for people like Sepha, Golradaer, Nystrom, Aniketos, DrHorse, etc.
24 Nov 2013, 17:00 PM
Donator 33

I think what SNF needs is to go back to basics.

Bring Biosparks back.

You should receive a warning for that :lol:

24 Nov 2013, 17:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You should receive a warning for that :lol:

+1 :)
24 Nov 2013, 17:23 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 16:28 PMWiFiDi

tbh another thing is if someone only provides private feedback and doesn't put any of it out there in the public. how is relic to know that anyone but you agree with it? how are they to know that it is worth there time and investment?

after all the same group of people that largely don't/won't even play coh2. ive never seen developers cater towards people who don't play their game.

That's a question for Relic to answer, not me.
25 Nov 2013, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 15:47 PMInverse

We have been giving our feedback on balance/design/features in private since Alpha, much like we did for vCoH's 2.602 patch. On issues of balance during the beta, it was a great success; Peter is a great guy, and really smart, and he knows what he's doing. But Peter has no influence on the DLC commanders until after they've been put in the game (my understanding at least), and the developers on the commander team have not participated in any discussions. Stefan Haines is the one responsible for the DLC commanders, and he has no desire to interact with the competitive community. We can talk all we want, it won't make a difference if nobody is listening.

I think Stefan Haines has consistently shown that he is incompetent at designing new content (Assault Grenadiers, Soviet Industry Commander, Elite Troops) and is also unwilling to listen to community feed-back.

If Relic ever reads this, I hope they understand that they have a big internal problem and that the efforts made by the balance team in improving the game are completely thwarted by this guy's lack of understanding of the game's fundamental principles. Perhaps it's time to consider a new content developer.

Stefan if you read this please stop putting shit into the game and start talking to the balance team before you come up with more new units and abilities. You're killing us bro.
And on the long run you're gonna kill your employer too.
25 Nov 2013, 12:51 PM

Permanently Banned
On a positive side, I thought the guest map/ToW guy was great.

He even had notes prepared with background info that had been used to inform the map/scenario designs.

Really impressed me as professional, informed and very smart.
More or less the epitomy of a good map guy, which is a rare breed indeed.

Big kudos to him and Im sorry I cant remember his name now.

If someone f3om Relic or who knows him reads this, please pass on the praise.
Guy has my Nullist Stamp of Approval +10.
25 Nov 2013, 13:12 PM

As has been touched upon earlier, I think too that the feed-back on forums like this one, is not helping Relic much.

Too many suggestions are either ignored or automatically ridiculed without seriously being considered. And too much is being blamed on Relic creative staff allthough the commercial driving force in this menace, is likely the strongest.

You can't blame the Guys at Relic for largely ignoring user feed-back (even in beta?) if the general impression is that most feed-back is just noise.

So maybe for a start consider how YOU give feed-back to Relic and on the forums?

If it's just in the shape of 'L2P', 'Your idea sucks', 'OMG it's SO OP!!!' or 'LOL/'No', you have homework to do.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★