Login

russian armor

SNF

23 Nov 2013, 21:32 PM
Patrion 26

I'm doing my best. Losing ntd & Yoink has been a pretty big blow to the show. They were undecided until only a few weeks before our first broadcast. I haven't had the energy or will to try to replace them with new people.

If you looking for people to join make a thread, of what you need exactly, so people who are interested could actually apply for the position.
23 Nov 2013, 22:07 PM
Coder Red Badge

We've given our feedback for months and continue to. However, we've been called greedy, elitist, entitled, and a whole bunch of other fun things. This game is not being designed for us, unfortunately.
23 Nov 2013, 23:16 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

COH2 thus far is designed with the compstomper in mind rather than competition. Therefore SNF which is a competition has incurred some tough times.

Apparently I dont exist in Ami's mind which is odd considering I was the main sender for the first seasons of SNF and probably did 30-40% of them the following seasons. I also have not been involved with the private balance forums the entire time either :/

24 Nov 2013, 00:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2013, 22:07 PMInverse
We've given our feedback for months and continue to. However, we've been called greedy, elitist, entitled, and a whole bunch of other fun things. This game is not being designed for us, unfortunately.

Jesus that bad?

How to piss off communities and kill games 101. Seriously, why would you do this against your most experienced players who actually bring attention to your game in the first place.
24 Nov 2013, 08:32 AM

Well my original post has had 90% of the content been accidentally deleted by a CoH2.org admin who notified me. I will repeat what I remember stated again and this time be much to the point.

This is the current situation with CoH2 for me. There is now an established player base which seems to be trending in decline. An array of reasons are listed for this including core game design, user interface, commanders, global upgrades, bugs, pathing, cover system, unit/tech structures and the list could go on. For me you the general impression I receive from people who leave the game recently is due to commanders and balance. I am not speaking of the linear nature of commanders but simply new DLC commanders which come out and easily exploited for a money price. This is not a commander issue, but one of a balance issue. Now balance is one region where the competitive community of CoH1 and CoH2 can deeply improve the game, but where the hell are they? No where to be seen.
  • CoH1 competitive community = Complain about core game mechanics but no longer actively play the unless monetary incentive is provided. Provide no balance feedback due to not actively playing the game. The fire is left to burn.
  • CoH2 competitive community = Exploit imbalances to its maximum extent. This breeds the loss of people within the game. The fuel is added to the fire.

I would love to know how many of the CoH1 competitive community that criticize the game would play a respectable number of games with each influential patch that steers it closer to that vCoH play style. Many from this era are still basing decisions off alpha/beta opinions and have not played the game enough to give it a solid chance later down the timeline. If you all want a competitive game why don't you work at the basis of it all and start by balancing CoH2 rather than being so narrowminded and slowing its progress by doing nothing. CoH2 still retains many features of CoH1 and if it becomes just as balanced as CoH1, would you still not play it?

CoH2 competitive community are no better. I heard a rumour (don't know if it is true) that Relic sent out beta test server invites to many players positioned high on the leader boards, yet these people barely contribute. Rather a small group of mid-level players are providing the majority of feedback and playing games directly with Relic devs. These beta invites to my knowledge have been used nothing more than a testing ground for the competitive community to immediately exploit imbalances once they hit the live version. How many of you tried to actively prevent the latest Soviet Industry Tactics or Elite Troops doctrine before it released at the live version?

Now I am no CoH1 competitive player nor the best at CoH2, but I think I have done a hell of a lot more for improving the balance of this game than what so many others of this competitive league have. I am so happy that I finally am recognized by Relic and received a beta server invite. At least I'll have a better chance to improve the game, unlike others who decide to sit back and do nothing or say nothing.

How many of the people who returned will leave once SNF5 is finished? I would love to see them stay but I doubt they will. I've had an anger against the competitive communities for quite some time now and had to get this off my mind. If it offends anyone, well so be it.

I know a lot of stuff is hidden behind closed doors, but I still feel the competitive communities from both CoH1 but mainly CoH2 could do so much more for balance and improving a sector I know we can. I to feel I should have been given access to that closed forum Budwise if it would of made my statements been recognized. Sort of feels like a wasted effort if my voice is constantly lost in unread thread somewhere, but my chins still up. I'll try fix the part of the problem which Relic will actually recognize community input.
24 Nov 2013, 08:44 AM

competitive P2W game? Never heard of it
24 Nov 2013, 09:27 AM

i agree with you completely stephenn. this game has plenty of flaws, but for the most part, its been improving with each patch. i wish i could say the same about the community.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 08:44 AMUGBEAR
competitive P2W game? Never heard of it

thank you ugbear for providing a great example of the state the coh2 community. less than 150 games played. 0 games played in atleast the last month. still comes to troll the forums to complain about UP soviet tanks and p2w.
24 Nov 2013, 10:13 AM

Permanently Banned
GJ Stephenn! Go show the beta crew what for!
24 Nov 2013, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 10:13 AMNullist
GJ Stephenn! Go show the beta crew what for!

The beta crew that is currently working at should still be commended. It would be good to just see other competitive players give things a test aswell or cease abusing the same garbage. Plus it helps open up whether a different approach, skills or unit compositions are required to adjust accordingly to change.
24 Nov 2013, 11:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The people that are in the beta didn't even had to play with the new commanders to judge them unbalanced / ridicilous / P2W BS etc etc. :P But they were implemented anyway, so yeah wtf is the point of having a beta then.. <444>_<444>
24 Nov 2013, 11:40 AM

The people that are in the beta didn't even had to play with the new commanders to judge them unbalanced / ridicilous / P2W BS etc etc. :P But they were implemented anyway, so yeah wtf is the point of having a beta then.. <444>_<444>

Exactly. It seems to me that Relic "seem" to be taking concerns into consideration, but at the end of the day they are not and if they are they're just taking one step forward and two steps back. Do you really think that a handful of competitive, active players can make them change an entire business model? Which may I add is proving to be a success because for some reason people are buying these ridiculous commanders.

We've even had a sneak peak at the new commanders coming, and they look like they are going to break the game once again. How can we hope for a balanced and stable game with all of these new commanders coming out? Well the answer is we can't.

Every month the game will continue to be unbalanced with new units and abilities until new Relic decide that they've milked the player base enough to stop releasing DLC.

I for one really enjoy SNF, but I for me that's down to the great commentary Ami, Marcus and Hans provided. But again we have to brace ourselves for game breaking commanders this December, just like every other month.
24 Nov 2013, 11:45 AM
Patrion 14

Still waiting to be allowed into the beta branch. I'll eventually meet you there Stephen. Good luck, we need more players like you.
24 Nov 2013, 11:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 09:27 AMwooof
i agree with you completely stephenn. this game has plenty of flaws, but for the most part, its been improving with each patch. i wish i could say the same about the community.

thank you ugbear for providing a great example of the state the coh2 community. less than 150 games played. 0 games played in atleast the last month. still comes to troll the forums to complain about UP soviet tanks and p2w.

LOL at least I'm still in first page, and you? Still the one spending 95% of time playing Ostheer and whine Tiger Ace are fine? Best strategist ever! Thank you !
24 Nov 2013, 12:23 PM

Well my original post has had 90% of the content been accidentally deleted by a CoH2.org admin who notified me. I will repeat what I remember stated again and this time be much to the point.

This is the current situation with CoH2 for me. There is now an established player base which seems to be trending in decline. An array of reasons are listed for this including core game design, user interface, commanders, global upgrades, bugs, pathing, cover system, unit/tech structures and the list could go on. For me you the general impression I receive from people who leave the game recently is due to commanders and balance. I am not speaking of the linear nature of commanders but simply new DLC commanders which come out and easily exploited for a money price. This is not a commander issue, but one of a balance issue. Now balance is one region where the competitive community of CoH1 and CoH2 can deeply improve the game, but where the hell are they? No where to be seen.
  • CoH1 competitive community = Complain about core game mechanics but no longer actively play the unless monetary incentive is provided. Provide no balance feedback due to not actively playing the game. The fire is left to burn.
  • CoH2 competitive community = Exploit imbalances to its maximum extent. This breeds the loss of people within the game. The fuel is added to the fire.

I would love to know how many of the CoH1 competitive community that criticize the game would play a respectable number of games with each influential patch that steers it closer to that vCoH play style. Many from this era are still basing decisions off alpha/beta opinions and have not played the game enough to give it a solid chance later down the timeline. If you all want a competitive game why don't you work at the basis of it all and start by balancing CoH2 rather than being so narrowminded and slowing its progress by doing nothing. CoH2 still retains many features of CoH1 and if it becomes just as balanced as CoH1, would you still not play it?

CoH2 competitive community are no better. I heard a rumour (don't know if it is true) that Relic sent out beta test server invites to many players positioned high on the leader boards, yet these people barely contribute. Rather a small group of mid-level players are providing the majority of feedback and playing games directly with Relic devs. These beta invites to my knowledge have been used nothing more than a testing ground for the competitive community to immediately exploit imbalances once they hit the live version. How many of you tried to actively prevent the latest Soviet Industry Tactics or Elite Troops doctrine before it released at the live version?

Now I am no CoH1 competitive player nor the best at CoH2, but I think I have done a hell of a lot more for improving the balance of this game than what so many others of this competitive league have. I am so happy that I finally am recognized by Relic and received a beta server invite. At least I'll have a better chance to improve the game, unlike others who decide to sit back and do nothing or say nothing.

How many of the people who returned will leave once SNF5 is finished? I would love to see them stay but I doubt they will. I've had an anger against the competitive communities for quite some time now and had to get this off my mind. If it offends anyone, well so be it.

I know a lot of stuff is hidden behind closed doors, but I still feel the competitive communities from both CoH1 but mainly CoH2 could do so much more for balance and improving a sector I know we can. I to feel I should have been given access to that closed forum Budwise if it would of made my statements been recognized. Sort of feels like a wasted effort if my voice is constantly lost in unread thread somewhere, but my chins still up. I'll try fix the part of the problem which Relic will actually recognize community input.

well said!
24 Nov 2013, 13:04 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 11:48 AMUGBEAR

LOL at least I'm still in first page, and you? Still the one spending 95% of time playing Ostheer and whine Tiger Ace are fine? Best strategist ever! Thank you !

UGbear vs Wooof.

Its like an annoying whining bloodsucking mosquito against Muhammed Ali floating like a butterfly, and stinging like a bee.
24 Nov 2013, 13:47 PM

Well said Stephenn!
24 Nov 2013, 13:57 PM

Tbh I'm a bigger fan of Ami than of the game. The dedication shown by him should be a lesson for Relic
24 Nov 2013, 14:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Hats off to pro players who not only have the balls to cast their matches, making themselves open to real-time hating from asshats who are njoying the oriviledge of watching them play, but especially to the ones who stream with cam of themselves playing.

These guys are good as gold, and I will personally anally violate anyone who tries to shit o them for that.

Whats even better, and even more impressive, is that most of these guys ACTIVELY try really fringe and unconventional builds while streaming.

Hans was rolling with Luftwaffe last night, and though he made some bad decisions, he was atleast doing the meta and testing a huge favor. Ive been watching some old vids from vCOh of him and this guy gets far too much shit for what he contributes day after day.
Give him a fucking break and show a little respect for what you are receiving.

Cata has been rocking Partisans, as well as his usual unconventional builds. Highlight was 2Mortars+2xMHT last night. Synchronised barrage! Bit tired with Coh2 atm, but one can hardly blame him for that. Personally Ive loved the Ruse interludes, and am planning to buy that this weekend.

Stephenn. Well, what can be sais about this guy that isnt shining praise. Excellent after-matxh analysis and always pushing the envelope with unusual builds. With you on the beta, its a massive boon for the community.

Sib, rocking steady. Bit too many trolls in his channel, but Sib himself is sterling. Solid relative new comer to the scene and his play is always a pleasure to watch. Rolls with the punches and takes the good with the bad.

Jaman, I miss this guy. Please stream again!

Andy, doesnt talk much, but seriously both his Ost/Sov play is some of the finest around. Wish he would occassionaly risk it with some more unorthodox builds though, to help all of us adapt to meta. Im sure he would have as spectacular results with those too. Probably practising for SNF though, so no hate for currently staying on the tried and tested.

Ivan, our beloved Bane. Masterchef interludes. Xurrently on a mission to prove T70s. Get in da beta, and show em how, before launch, how severly stuff can be abused when you know how!

Barton, king of capslock. Absent recently. Return to us!

And ofc the replay cast crews suxh as Ami and Marcus from SNF, Imperialdane of Propagandacast, Tommy and Fatalsaint from FTN and the incredibly productive Atr3uh.

If we had even a fraction of these guys in beta testing, with clear instructions on what needs workinf on right now for impending launches, thats a hell of a potential.
24 Nov 2013, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 13:04 PMNullist

UGbear vs Wooof.

Its like an annoying whining bloodsucking mosquito against Muhammed Ali floating like a butterfly, and stinging like a bee.

hello there the infamous Nullist

Can you stop being such an asshole?
24 Nov 2013, 14:32 PM

maybe i should havea kick starter for people to sponsor equipment for my own type of SNF

it's sad that there's not a lot of free money lying around for me to hold tournaments, but thats life

i think SNF is great and I hope it will continue

watching a high skill coh 2 game has merit on it's own, all it needs to have is good matchups, and a good matchup leading to a good game is sometimes out of the control of a live team

pls continue
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
Germany 24
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 48

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L