Login

russian armor

SNF

23 Nov 2013, 02:43 AM

Credit to Ami, I think he's doing the best job he can with SNF but...

Do you guys reckon that theres a lot less enthusiasm for SNF5 this year compared to SNF4? With SNF4, there were guest casters and good action all of the time (not to mention from the casters)

With SNF5, a lot of what made SNF4 good seems to be lacking.

I think this kinda speaks more about the game and what it's done to the community than SNF tbh, the lack of guest casters kinda shows the lack of interest from the competitive community.

What do you guys think?
23 Nov 2013, 02:56 AM

And the reason for less enthusiasm are people like you who always need to complain :P
23 Nov 2013, 02:59 AM
Coder Red Badge

Almost nobody who was involved in competitive vCoH is interested in competitive CoH2, so until the game receives major changes to encourage those players to become involved again or until the game manages to attract a different set of players willing to invest the time and effort necessary to cultivate a competitive community, you're going to see the current trend continue.
23 Nov 2013, 07:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2013, 02:59 AMInverse
Almost nobody who was involved in competitive vCoH is interested in competitive CoH2, so until the game receives major changes to encourage those players to become involved again or until the game manages to attract a different set of players willing to invest the time and effort necessary to cultivate a competitive community, you're going to see the current trend continue.

Sigh, yeah, I mean everyone here was looking forwards to so much, and now, it's kinda meh now.

Oh well, I hope they find a way to solve this.
23 Nov 2013, 07:56 AM
Patrion 14

New guest-stars are emerging from the community and playerbase. CoH1 had a 7 year run uptil SNF4 and there were bound to be known names along the way. This game is 6 months old, and new great players are emerging. This isnt CoH1, some would like it to be, some dont. Also, that is not really up to the SNF crew to change (if needed) but rather up to relic (who wont).

I think they put in a great amount of effort in the SNF and its great quality. Really want them to continue going.
23 Nov 2013, 08:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I suppose this is a decent place to say that if you (yes, YOU, reader) want to get involved in making SNF, we're always looking for new people. There is a lot of work that goes into each episode, weeks before air time. There's getting players signed in on game day, moderating the Twitch chat, writing summaries of the day's games, putting together the fight cards and newsposts, making the overlays for the broadcast, sending, casting, and more stuff that I'm not even thinking of right now.
There will be an item on the portal soon with more concrete descriptions, but if you just can't wait to get involved you can PM staff members. Your best bet is probably the orange- or red-level staff of whatever department you'd most like to get involved with: http://www.coh2.org/topic/418/coh2.org-staff-%26-new-promotions
23 Nov 2013, 08:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2013, 07:56 AMLe Wish
New guest-stars are emerging from the community and playerbase. CoH1 had a 7 year run uptil SNF4 and there were bound to be known names along the way. This game is 6 months old, and new great players are emerging. This isnt CoH1, some would like it to be, some dont. Also, that is not really up to the SNF crew to change (if needed) but rather up to relic (who wont).

I think they put in a great amount of effort in the SNF and its great quality. Really want them to continue going.

Yeah, I completely agree that the SNF crew are doing a pretty great job, but yeah, I suppose if you compare SNF from last year and this year, the differences are pretty obvious. Probably can be summed up by the game anyway.
23 Nov 2013, 08:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge

also another thing is that was coh1 big send off after 7 years. so hard to compare that snf to this one especially considering what inverse said.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2013, 07:56 AMLe Wish
New guest-stars are emerging from the community and playerbase. CoH1 had a 7 year run uptil SNF4 and there were bound to be known names along the way. This game is 6 months old, and new great players are emerging. This isnt CoH1, some would like it to be, some dont.

+1
23 Nov 2013, 09:23 AM

Lot less enthusiasm because the game is dead, there are barely any people left to be enthusiastic.

I think its really ridiculous that almost none of the top CoH1 players play this game, not even SNF with such prizes. It really shows how bad the game is.

In my opinion the game has no future and will only get worse. The playerbase is very small and it is decreasing each day, it reminds me of DoW2 after like 2 years of its release.
DoW2 was never a popular game but it was more popular in its first 1-2 years.
CoH2 is only 5 months old and is already dead, what a great career.
23 Nov 2013, 09:45 AM

Lot less enthusiasm because the game is dead, there are barely any people left to be enthusiastic.

I think its really ridiculous that almost none of the top CoH1 players play this game, not even SNF with such prizes. It really shows how bad the game is.

In my opinion the game has no future and will only get worse. The playerbase is very small and it is decreasing each day, it reminds me of DoW2 after like 2 years of its release.
DoW2 was never a popular game but it was more popular in its first 1-2 years.
CoH2 is only 5 months old and is already dead, what a great career.

coh2 since launch

retribution in its first 6 months
23 Nov 2013, 13:20 PM

I am fairly sure AmiPolizeiFunk wanted to cast alone last weekend, as he repeatedly stated this in stream chats.
23 Nov 2013, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2013, 09:45 AMwooof

coh2 since launch

retribution in its first 6 months

what is your point?
DoW2 Retribution is the second expansion of the game, it was released early in 2011

The original DoW2 was released early in 2009

notice how I said the game was more popular in its first 1-2 years?
Retribution is not included in that time period cos the game started to die out with it.
23 Nov 2013, 15:32 PM

Permanently Banned
I am fairly sure AmiPolizeiFunk wanted to cast alone last weekend, as he repeatedly stated this in stream chats.

Ami was seriously GOOD in solo.

Except maybe for the long explanation of where his nickname comes from while he forgot to follow the action, but I enjoyed the story nonetheless.
23 Nov 2013, 16:17 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I'm doing my best. Losing ntd & Yoink has been a pretty big blow to the show. They were undecided until only a few weeks before our first broadcast. I haven't had the energy or will to try to replace them with new people.
23 Nov 2013, 16:45 PM

Sorry to hear that.

But I'll take this opportunity to say that I think your interview with Greg was first class!

It was good interviewing technique. And asking him about the mayhem in january in a way that did not make him uncomfortable, was well done.

All in all, I think you are doing a good job here.

I'd like to contribute something if I can. I will take a look once the list computerhaet mentions is made.
23 Nov 2013, 19:02 PM

I am sort of frustrated with the amount of criticism I see coming from the old vCoH community yet how many of these people actually actively provide feedback to Relic? I read the forums a lot and since the alpha/beta stages I believe I can say that number would be well less than 10%. I now expect little from this era and once SNF5 is done I expect close to none. Would love to see myself proved wrong though.
23 Nov 2013, 19:42 PM
Patrion 27

Guest casters are all well and good, but kinda useless when Ami interrupts them every sentence :P I have been watching all of season 5 and enjoying it though.
23 Nov 2013, 19:46 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I am sort of frustrated with the amount of criticism I see coming from the old vCoH community yet how many of these people actually actively provide feedback to Relic? I read the forums a lot and since the alpha/beta stages I believe I can say that number would be well less than 10%. I now expect little from this era and once SNF5 is done I expect close to none. Would love to see myself proved wrong though.

This is happening and has been happening constantly since before the beta via direct channels. Rest assured, a constant stream of feedback has been given. A ton of effort has been invested by many players, including Sepha, Marcus, Tommy, DevM, Symbiosis, Seb, ntd, Inverse, Golradaer, Twister and many others.
23 Nov 2013, 20:12 PM

I think for me, what made me really unhappy was the DLC $5 Multiplayer commanders. Although there is some new content, not only is $5 a steep price for it but it also segments the community, and after paying $80-90 for a standard preorder while THQ was at the helm, it feels ridiculous.

Otherwise, before that, I was actually quite positive about this game. It was only when this started happening that I was going, hang on, this doesn't feel right, something's wrong here.
23 Nov 2013, 20:32 PM

I agree with you but I feel like a lot of them gave their feedback and either
A.) felt like they weren't listened to (which seems likely considering the state of the game)
or
B.) Don't like the game / pay2win model and all that jazz and want nothing to do with it. I think mostly everyone is just waiting for the vcoh patch if that ever happens.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★