Login

russian armor

Game Completely Unbalanced After *Patch*

22 Nov 2013, 20:57 PM

The game is a total mess post patch , Russians getting a 50% increase to buildings speed , having better machine guns , better mortars, better infantry , better artillery and tanks on par with the german counterparts. This assures them both numbers, troop quality and cheap prices.

Balance has suffered hugely and fighting the very same players I have played many times before with well fought games and winning the day. Post patch it seems there is very little a German player can do. I find myself outgunned and outnumbered from beginning to end vs exactly the same players.

If I were to flip the tables and play the Soviets I find myself having a very easy time and have no trouble getting large winning streaks.

This thread is not a flame or a rant I am simply pointing out how I feel and what I have experienced and why I believe the balance is truly a mess.

Please note this is coming from a non pay to win perspective , I have no pay to win commanders nor do I intend to purchase them unless this game meets a basic required standard.
22 Nov 2013, 21:03 PM

Hahaha, no. If we take the new commanders out of the equation, the balance improved significantly post-patch. The % of players in automatch finally equalized a bit.
22 Nov 2013, 21:11 PM

Have to disagree with you there, I would like to ask you though , do you think the game is balanced with the new commanders??
22 Nov 2013, 21:18 PM

The original balance took a huge leap forward with the latest patch, only to take eight steps back with Elite Troops and Industry.

Germans were in a big majority of those who were searching for team games pre patch. That's the main reason I got more games played as Soviet, since before this patch you got a game straight of the bat with them, even though you might think that I would prefer to play as Germans.
22 Nov 2013, 21:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

completely disagree for starters the reasons they were buffed is so the game wasn't just about 2-3 cons/engie to whatever start (the only viable start for soviets unless you wanted to wait a 1 minute or whatever the time was for a teir 1-2 building.

now i think that it might have been a slight to much man power at the start i like the change. problem is i don't know if right now it will incourage anything but con and gren spam because thats what people are used to.
22 Nov 2013, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2013, 21:20 PMWiFiDi
completely disagree for starters the reasons they were buffed is so the game wasn't just about 2-3 cons/engie to whatever start (the only viable start for soviets unless you wanted to wait a 1 minute or whatever the time was for a teir 1-2 building.

now i think that it might have been a slight to much man power at the start i like the change. problem is i don't know if right now it will incourage anything but con and gren spam because thats what people are used to.

A choice was made for variety or balance, I would have preferred balance over having more variety. Prepatch germans had more choice at the beginning but would have to research each individual tier in turn. The Soviet had slightly less choice at the beginning but could skip tiers completely.

The game was well balanced prepatch. Buffing a faction and completely disregarding the other faction has caused a lot of internal damage.

I'm not a fan of the extra manpower either, I dont really see the point in it. Early game was to short as it is , now its almost non existant , with t70's coming out in 4-5 mins.
22 Nov 2013, 21:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge

A choice was made for variety or balance, I would have preferred balance over having more variety. Prepatch germans had more choice at the beginning but would have to research each individual tier in turn. The Soviet had slightly less choice at the beginning but could skip tiers completely.

The game was well balanced prepatch. Buffing a faction and completely disregarding the other faction has caused a lot of internal damage.

I'm not a fan of the extra manpower either, I dont really see the point in it. Early game was to short as it is , now its almost non existant , with t70's coming out in 4-5 mins.

that has do with the commander not the patch itself.
22 Nov 2013, 21:54 PM

Hahaha, no. If we take the new commanders out of the equation, the balance improved significantly post-patch. The % of players in automatch finally equalized a bit.
It balanced out because less people are playing, the majority of those, german preferenced players
22 Nov 2013, 21:59 PM

I wish there was a total win/loss German/Soviets statistics for the entire community , I am willing to wager the German loses have increased ten fold.
22 Nov 2013, 22:02 PM

I wish there was a total win/loss German/Soviets statistics for the entire community , I am willing to wager the German loses have increased ten fold.

Someone actually looked it up for the top 200 1vs1 players and compared their wins/losses with both faction.

Guess what?

They had a lot more wins compared to losses as Germans. The Germans were stronger in team games as well. And please for the love of god, I dare you to call me a Soviet fanboy.
22 Nov 2013, 22:04 PM

Meanwhile, lets have a laugh at the joke of asymmetry that Relic said about this game.

Seriously, the more patches and commanders that come out, the less and less asymmetry means. I thought Ostruppen was bad enough. All of a sudden, Germans having cheap infantry IMO killed it pretty much.
22 Nov 2013, 22:04 PM

The game is a total mess post patch , Russians getting a 50% increase to buildings speed , having better machine guns , better mortars, better infantry , better artillery and tanks on par with the german counterparts. This assures them both numbers, troop quality and cheap prices.

Balance has suffered hugely and fighting the very same players I have played many times before with well fought games and winning the day. Post patch it seems there is very little a German player can do. I find myself outgunned and outnumbered from beginning to end vs exactly the same players.

If I were to flip the tables and play the Soviets I find myself having a very easy time and have no trouble getting large winning streaks.

This thread is not a flame or a rant I am simply pointing out how I feel and what I have experienced and why I believe the balance is truly a mess.

Please note this is coming from a non pay to win perspective , I have no pay to win commanders nor do I intend to purchase them unless this game meets a basic required standard.[/quote/]

Seriously you whiners are complete noobs that dont know how to have fun and will never be satisfied ... get a freaking life for real, this is a game have fun and quit trying to make the value of your life come from game. Perfect balance doesn't exist not in the real world or imagined if you cant deal with losing and adapt and except challenge then please stop playing coh2 and leave these Forums I am so sick of you whining imbaciles. Yes the soviet industry doctrine is powerful, but op no its not. You are all a bunch of noobs that dont know how to strategy and adapt and its your own fault you lose not an "op doctrine". OP by definition is something that cannot be beaten soviet industry and tiger ace are very very beatable. I have beaten soviet industry more then I have lost to it and I like to see this doctrine cause then I know exactly what they will do without a doubt and I know exactly how to counter it and win because I can think and am not stuck in the Im used to Germans being op and winning with no micro or regard for tech choice. Seriously I love coh2 the only problem I have with the game that cannot be patched is all you whiny pathetic no life losers ruining my experience with your patheticness. :D Douchebags. Sorry but the truth Hurts and sometimes no matter how harsh it really needs to be said and I am saying it and it is the truth.
22 Nov 2013, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2013, 22:04 PMhubewa
Meanwhile, lets have a laugh at the joke of asymmetry that Relic said about this game.

Seriously, the more patches and commanders that come out, the less and less asymmetry means. I thought Ostruppen was bad enough. All of a sudden, Germans having cheap infantry IMO killed it pretty much.

I agree. And it's also a big facepalm that they are locking up "normal" abilities to commanders, you can take tank traps as an example.
22 Nov 2013, 22:08 PM

Ludd we are talking post patch meaning those numbers are irrelevant.

Even if we do look at the the leader board you mention, the numbers are relatively even a far cry from what you are suggesting.

22 Nov 2013, 22:14 PM

Permanently Banned
No ludde, there was a very small difference.
22 Nov 2013, 22:20 PM

theking10: Post patch the balance changes were absolutely great. Two commanders destroyed everything they changed though because it became obsolete. Industry with 5 min T70 and extremely cheap vetting + Tiger Ace is just a horrible implementation to this game.

Nullist: I agree with that the difference was not huge but still remarkable. The difference in 2vs2, 3vs3 and 4vs4 was disgustingly in favor of the Germans though. Do we want a balanced game or should we demand balance changes in favor of the Ostheer when we don't play the opposite faction like you do Nullist?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★