Login

russian armor

Mod doesn't exist to Modding Hub

22 Mar 2024, 14:00 PM

So I'm trying to add a fairly simple mod, American Commanders Expanded, to include more options for American(and later British) commanders. Basically I want to see specific factions for other countries, so a Free French commander under the AEF, as they used mostly American equipment. And later on doing specific Commonwealth countries for the British, such as Canada, Australia, and even the Polish brigades. I also want to broaden some of the strategic options that you see for other nations like Germany and the Soviets, so a Rangers company, Air Supremacy company, a Tank Destroyer company, a Last Line of Defense company (such as the holdouts at Bastogne) and so on.

I've set my attrib file to D:\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\modprojects\ACX\attrib.html.

Game Path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2
Tools Path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools
Java: D:\Program Files (x86)\Java
Flex SDK: D:\Program Files (x86)\Flex

I open the attrib file, clone the AEF, and go into the Commander abilities and make my changes. I then Build the mod, which gives me a ACX.sga file in D:\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\tuning

However once I have the .sga file, when I go into the Modding Hub to find 'Unpublished' mods it sees nothing, nor does it see the Mod if I try a custom game and try to select it as a tuning pack. I've tried moving the .sga to /subscriptions.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Any help is appreciated! Love CoH2, but want to see a bit more variety for my favorite factions.

29 Mar 2024, 07:07 AM
Modmaker Badge

You can follow the mod guide if you have not done so already it will cover everything except for thumbnails.

It seems that your pathing is correct, at least for the output file. Files within the mods folder should be visible on the modding hub so I'm not sure what's going on. When you build the mod is there no errors or warnings?

Possible solutions, from easiest to hardest, would be:
1. Verify integrity of game files.
2. Make a backup and change the name to something other than ACX.
3. Make a new, blank tuning pack and see if that shows up on the modding hub.

There's a few other things we could try but see if these work for you can we can proceed from there.

As mentioned in the first paragraph to get a thumbnail (preview image) you will have to change the game version to 32 bit and upload the mod. You can change it back to the normal version and it will keep the thumbnail.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★