Login

russian armor

CoH3 Frame Rate Capped at 30 in Power Saver Mode

6 Oct 2023, 15:02 PM

In Company of Heroes 3, my laptop's frame rate is capped at 30 when it's in Power Saver mode, and I can't change it in the graphics settings. I use Power Saver mode to prevent excessive heat generated by High Performance mode. Even when I manually edit the configuration_system.lua file to set the frameratelimit to 60, it reverts to 30 frames per second upon launch.

Once the frame rate is capped at 30, I am unable to change it, even when switching to High Performance mode. The only solution I've found is to restart my computer and launch the game directly in High Performance mode. In that case the in-game frame rate remains unrestricted, allowing me to make necessary adjustments in graphics settings.

I'm unable to enjoy playing CoH3 in Power Saver mode due to the frame rate being capped at 30. Please address this problem.

This frame rate restriction in CoH3 appeared after I installed the new patch, UMBER WASP 1.3.0.

Processor: i5-8300H CPU
6 Oct 2023, 18:39 PM

If manual change aren't working, then you have to cope until relic fixes it. Its a known bug, so you can expect it to be fixed when they release hot-fix.
6 Oct 2023, 19:50 PM

Is it a bug? I saw something that made it sound intentional. Like older 4 core CPUs are locked down to 30 FPS. Said the game does a speed check before running and locks it to 30 if your CPU is slow. Which supports the PERFORMANCE setting working since the CPU may be fully clocked?

Dont know for sure. Just trying to add info (good/bad).

I did not see anything about Hyperthreading listed. So is it 4 core single thread CPUs? Or does it include 4 cores with 8 threads?
7 Oct 2023, 09:42 AM

Is it a bug? I saw something that made it sound intentional. Like older 4 core CPUs are locked down to 30 FPS. Said the game does a speed check before running and locks it to 30 if your CPU is slow. Which supports the PERFORMANCE setting working since the CPU may be fully clocked?

I did not see anything about Hyperthreading listed. So is it 4 core single thread CPUs? Or does it include 4 cores with 8 threads?

Well relic pretty much confirmed that its unintentional. Whole system is idiotic, it just checks if you have less then 8 cores and hard locks you into 30 FPS, without even taking into a consideration that the game runs fine for most 4 cores CPUs in 60FPS.
11 Oct 2023, 17:04 PM

It has 4 cores with 8 threads. i5-8300H
14 Oct 2023, 13:06 PM

You can cheat this auto-set 30 fps by game use that:

We must go:
[disk]:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 3\sysconfig.lua
and we must change every line contain:
{ setting="FrameRateLimit", variantUInt = 30 }
change to:
{ setting="FrameRateLimit", variantUInt = 60 }

Only 3 lines has 30 fps limit, after that we're limited to 60 fps or more if you write correct value (You can write 30, 60, 120, 144 and 0 - uncapped fps).
For some reason file from SteamLibrary override setting in documents, this why people has problem and must every launch game again set up settings.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 47
South Africa 2
Germany 737
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %