USAF needs arty

Should the Americans get non doc arty
Option Distribution Votes
58%
42%
Total votes: 12
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Sep 2023, 17:38 PM

Its basically in the title, the Americans advance is halted because of the lack of real meaningful arty.

Personally find it offensive even that such a diverse nation like mine, we have small guns, rifles, shotguns, machine guns and that's just the populace.

The US military is known for its big guns, I'm hoping for non doc arty for the Americans
29 Sep 2023, 17:51 PM

I get the feeling that the asc was intended to be the alternate to their lack of late-game artillery. Not the greatest design choice, but at least its something
29 Sep 2023, 18:40 PM

I get the feeling that the asc was intended to be the alternate to their lack of late-game artillery. Not the greatest design choice, but at least its something

I get that vibe, and their is a 105 model in the game, you can see it in the campaign.

but man it hurts to see the wizbang not do antying, at lest make it comparable to the calliope
29 Sep 2023, 22:20 PM

I think you're underestimating the (Vet I+) M1 mortar here a bit. Delayed fuse HE shells which are very good at knocking out team weapons and damaging structures. Alternatively, the airburst can wipe models/cripple squads too. These options, albeit at the cost of 20(?) muni, give it temporarily more firepower than heavier guns like the ISG and Pack Howie. Of course the range is a lot less, but it's still a mortar.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2023, 18:40 PMGenObi

but man it hurts to see the wizbang not do antying, at lest make it comparable to the calliope

The Whizzbang has a whopping 720HP and Sherman armour stats. IMHO its intended use is to drive fairly close to the enemy, potentially risking AT shots and then barraging. Used like that, team weapons are consistently wiped out. It has a survivability ppl would have killed for in COH2. I believe the devs were very careful to not have a Calliope 2.0 and that pure shotgun potential.

Perhaps the Dec xpac will have a BG with USF arty option(s)?
30 Sep 2023, 18:26 PM

I think you're underestimating the (Vet I+) M1 mortar here a bit. Delayed fuse HE shells which are very good at knocking out team weapons and damaging structures. Alternatively, the airburst can wipe models/cripple squads too. These options, albeit at the cost of 20(?) muni, give it temporarily more firepower than heavier guns like the ISG and Pack Howie. Of course the range is a lot less, but it's still a mortar.

THe mortar is very good indeed, but late game it kinda falls off. At least in team games

The range like you mentioned becomes a problem and the heavier artillery on the field at that point makes it get cleared very easily

Idk what the solution is, not that one is necessarily needed. Dont think u can just add a heavier stock option cuz that would be a significant buff. But it does feel like an issue in team games
1 Oct 2023, 16:17 PM

There's quite a few options for indirect (or semi indirect options)
Mortar is great, mortar pit even better (0 pop), scotts, whizbang, captain,

And then you have ASC which is good. And the doctrinal strafes/bombing runs. Got boatloads, but maybe teamgames are a different story since DAK rocks heavy rocket arty.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★