Login

russian armor

New 2023 Roadmap

17 Sep 2023, 16:03 PM

I have not seen any mention of this video for the roadmap.

Coh3 Fall/Winter Roadmap

This video is presented by David Phan, executive producer. I was not able to locate Phans name in the credits for Coh3 on Moby.

MOBY Coh3 Credits

Was Phan around for Coh3? Has he been hired to come in and clean up the mess? If he has no history with Coh in general, what are the chances he can fix Coh3?

I am impressed he made the video and seems intelligent. Lets hope he can get it together post DLC and save this franchise. Well it can't be saved, but it can be improved. He would need a time machine to save Coh3 because you only get one launch and that was a complete failure.

EDIT:
It appears Phan was around for Coh2 Brits and AoE4. Let's all cross our butt hairs and send him some magic fingers so he can get this mess fixed up. He seems like the right person to get it done.
13 Oct 2023, 22:56 PM
Patrion 310

In Saruman We Trust (SEGA GAMES);

Remember, you can only be betrayed by the people you trust.
1) Earned trust, fine.
2) Blind trust with a cult-like following?

1) Means Sega + studios has to work HARD to earn trust
2) Is easy money as Total War has become the Fifa of strategy games.

Until Sega changes the unethical business ethics, at this point supporting Sega games is like supporting Gaming terrorism as with Sega/CA Hyenas they tried building a cult-like following ABUSING kids;

HYENAS: Inside Story of Creative Assembly's $100M FAILURE;

Facts about Hyenas;
https://www.genderinclusivebiology.com/newsletter/all-female-spotted-hyenas-have-functional-penises-and-mount-both-male-amp-female-hyenas-gender-showcase-9-12:
All female hyenas have functional penises they use to mount & give birth.
Erect penises are a sign of submission in the matriarchal society of hyenas.

The female hyena without the erect penis is the dominant leader of the entire pack.

That Sega/CA feeling after failing with "inclusive Hyenas";
21 Oct 2023, 05:38 AM

The larger the map or the more assets are on it, the slower it gets, but Rosbone seems to have those issues from the start whereas many others are fine but only notice the slowdown as they progress in their map's development.

tl;dr the map editor is functional and an improvement over coh2's but could be improved.

To be fair, the editor is not terrible. I find it a lot like the game. It was well thought out but only about 60% finished.

As GBPirate said, I have seen videos of people looking around in the premade maps and their PCs seem to run fine. I tried it on 3 different machines and it was unusable on all 3. The key here is the premade maps.

If you start a new map from scratch, the editor runs fine until you are about 75% done. Adding extras like water, OOB areas, etc start to slow it down. You need to work smart and do the things you need good FPS first before it starts to bog down. And like I said, the giant listbox/explorer is what kills it the most. Would be great to be able to turn it off when you dont need it.

Relic tried to standardize how things work in the editor. The Coh2 editor has dedicated tools for each mode of editing. So the Coh3 editor is not as fast and easy to use. But as GB says, it has many improvements over the Coh2 editor. It is just slower and clumsier.

Running the editor is such a typical Relic adventure.
EXCITEMENT: "Oh cool the objects rendering shader uses the ground textures to blend onto the objects parts near the terrain. The water has a pathing grid to make the water flow a certain way!""
DEPRESSION: "Why is the sight box 4 times the size it is supposed to be??? WTF??? Who is the moron? None of these objects have textures. If you click this object, it crashes the editor and you lose all of your progress. If you add this building, you can never select it again."

Great ideas abound to build you up and tons of broken shit to bring you back down. As I said before, there are a bunch of really great people at Relic. But also some dummies. So there is always dumb broken stuff everywhere.

There is an unseen penalty as well since you dont know what objects are bugged you have to test everything in game to verify it works. This does not add to veterans like Mono's time of course.

So I would say the editor is better than I have eluded to in the past. It would be a killer app with some TLC. Will it ever get the love it needs though?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
South Africa 1
Germany 734
Peru 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %