Login

russian armor

CoH 2 2023 Meta? commanders

24 Jul 2023, 06:11 AM

Returning player after years of not playing coh 2. There are guides i’ve seen in the forum/internet but they are some years old and i not sure if still application to today.

Can anyone suggest good commanders i can try in a pvp match? Any faction will do as i want to play all.

Thanks
24 Jul 2023, 08:50 AM

24 Jul 2023, 10:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2023, 06:11 AMRageBoy
Returning player after years of not playing coh 2. There are guides i’ve seen in the forum/internet but they are some years old and i not sure if still application to today.

Can anyone suggest good commanders i can try in a pvp match? Any faction will do as i want to play all.

Thanks

Wehr: Jaeger armor (teamgames only), Lightning War, Spearhead

Sov: Guard Motor doctrine or the one with Guards and ISU-152 (teamgames only)

OKW: Overwatch, Elite Armor, Feuersturm

USF: Airborne

Brits: Royal Engineers or Commandos doctrine

24 Jul 2023, 18:14 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Depends on map, i usually play these Red Army commanders (offmeta):
1. Armored Assault - my favorite. It has good abilities and compensate lack of good tanks in late game. NKVD Disruption helps to be informed about enemy moves, and self-repair is always good addition, as well as IL-2M CAS
2. Airborne. i've heard it's really good in 1v1, but in 3v3 it works well too. Penals with PPSh-41 on urban maps are beasts, but should be played as glass canons. If you have Red Army mates, you can give them some ammo crates for their engineers/conscripts/penals/shocks to boost them too.
3. Lend-lease. Okaish doctrine with multirole infantry (AI/AT specialized), possibility to boost economy with trucks, not speaking about M4A2(76) with HVAP rounds. Doctrine lack of abilities, but provide good units.
4. Urban defence. Special for Ettelbruck station, also can work on Angermunde

Meta commanders already were provided by aerafield above, i agree with him

P.S. My list is for 3v3, and for playing in the team
24 Jul 2023, 18:24 PM

Isn't a strategy game supposed to use own strategy?

I’m not copying anyone’s strategy. Asking for commander suggestion to try. Thank you for contribution.
24 Jul 2023, 18:25 PM

Wehr: Jaeger armor (teamgames only), Lightning War, Spearhead

Sov: Guard Motor doctrine or the one with Guards and ISU-152 (teamgames only)

OKW: Overwatch, Elite Armor, Feuersturm

USF: Airborne

Brits: Royal Engineers or Commandos doctrine

Thank you i will try these commanders.
24 Jul 2023, 18:27 PM

1. Armored Assault - my favorite. It has good abilities and compensate lack of good tanks in late game. NKVD Disruption helps to be informed about enemy moves, and self-repair is always good addition, as well as IL-2M CAS
2. Airborne. i've heard it's really good in 1v1, but in 3v3 it works well too. Penals with PPSh-41 on urban maps are beasts, but should be played as glass canons. If you have Red Army mates, you can give them some ammo crates for their engineers/conscripts/penals/shocks to boost them too.
3. Lend-lease. Okaish doctrine with multirole infantry (AI/AT specialized), possibility to boost economy with trucks, not speaking about M4A2(76) with HVAP rounds. Doctrine lack of abilities, but provide good units.

Thank you for the above will make sure to try these first.
24 Jul 2023, 19:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2023, 18:25 PMRageBoy

Thank you i will try these commanders.

You're welcome. Oh and I forgot to mention one of the Panzerfüsilier doctrines for OKW, both are good. Füsiliers got reworked a few years ago and are much more accessible now. They start at 0cp and are weak at the start, but terminators once you rushed the G43 upgrade
24 Jul 2023, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2023, 06:11 AMRageBoy

Thanks

Depends on the size of the game.

You can see what others and "Top 200" players are picking on coh2stats.com

For the month of June, the top 3 commander picks of Top 200 4v4 players are as follows, in order of popularity, highest to lowest:

OST - Jaeger Armor Doctrine, Storm Doctrine, and Joint Operations Doctrine
OKW - Overwatch Doctrine, Elite Armored Doctrine, and Breakthrough Doctrine

--

USF - Infantry Company, Airborne Company, and Urban Assault Company
UKF - Mobile Assault Regiment, Royal Engineer Regiment, and Lend Lease Assault Regiment
SOV - Soviet Combined Arms Army, Guard Motor Coordination Tactics, and Mechanized Support Tactics

NOTE: coh2stats.com doesn't have access to what commander was actually *picked* during a game, only which commanders were brought into the game the most. Think of these commanders (especially the first in the set of three) as commanders that players consider "must haves".
--

Now, if you're not le top 200 and you want to mess around with an interesting commander, I suggest you just take a look at the commanders that interest you and seem like they could provide an interesting change of pace or tactic from normal gameplay.

For example, sometimes I like to play with Conscripts Support Tactics because it allows for my 4 conscript build to quickly repair up KV1s and play aggressive with SMG cons to deal with AT guns that could push the KV1s away.

Armored Assault Tactics allows for silliness like pushing deep into enemy territory blind with tanks, and self repairing if they hit a mine, with the IS-2 backing up your 85s with a big health pool. Soviet Industry Tactics is fun if you are playing arranged teams and you communicate to your teammates beforehand that you'll be going it, and then the whole team can field massive tanks that can take a lot of punishment, retreat for repairs, then be back on the field faster than the enemy can blink.

If you're not a top level player, just have fun.
10 Aug 2023, 22:04 PM

Isn't a strategy game supposed to use own strategy?

The era of streamers, esports and endlessly updated guides, build orders and tier lists was the death knell for originality in most competitive games these days.

The meta seems to be all that a lot of people care about sadly.
13 Aug 2023, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2023, 22:04 PMGrim

The era of streamers, esports and endlessly updated guides, build orders and tier lists was the death knell for originality in most competitive games these days.

The meta seems to be all that a lot of people care about sadly.

but coh is one of the few games you can do well with off meta strats
28 Sep 2023, 21:31 PM

>off-meta
>airborne
29 Sep 2023, 13:41 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2023, 21:31 PMKatukov

>off-meta
>airborne

Huh? Did i miss the day when it became meta in 3v3? Especially after nerf of IL-2 Rocket Run
10 Oct 2023, 11:22 AM
25 Oct 2023, 00:37 AM

I come back to play this game every once in a while and I can never understand how some people have like 10,000 hours logged into this game, but they still do things like build 3 mortars into AT gun strat then rage quit wondering how they all died to 1 infantry squad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★