Login

russian armor

Sega & Rovio marketing destiny

23 Apr 2023, 13:53 PM
Patrion 310

With Sega buying Rovio Entertainment for $774 million, do Sega and Rovio have a shared marketing destiny?

Interesting facts related to the decline of Rovio and Sega marketing;
February 23 is Defender of the Fatherland Day a national Russian holiday.
This is like a Father day for military veterans.

CoH3 which is riddled with greedy MTX (more to come) and false advertising launched on February 23.
On the same day, February 23 Angry Birds Classic, with no greedy MTX is removed from Google Play Store.

Angry Birds Classic delete;

The classic Angry Birds game is disappearing from the Google Play Store, while having an uncertain future on the iPhone App Store. Rovio made a surprising announcement that their Angry Birds comeback is negatively affecting other Angry Birds games, leading to this awful decision to make the game unavailable to players.

Modern mobile games generally follow the formula of too many microtransactions and ad interruptions, but the classic Angry Birds game represents the golden era of simple fun on the mobile market. With Rovio removing Angry Birds from the Google Play Store, fans aren't gonna be happy.

Angry Birds Classic swoops back in without microtransactions, re-release 2022:
https://www.gamesradar.com/angry-birds-classic-swoops-back-in-without-microtransactions/
https://twitter.com/AngryBirds/status/1509436708089221121
hey, it's ur childhood speaking.

through the years, you've grown, and we've grown too – but some things will always stay the same. Rovio Classics: Angry Birds is finally back 4 u to enjoy! http://rov.io/AngryBirdsClassic

go pop those piggies, and make me proud. i've missed you...

Sega & Rovio Entertainment shared marketing destiny;

Two corrupt & unethical companies, deserve each other as history repeats itself?
Good riddance.

Rovio Entertainment history;

23 Apr 2023, 17:34 PM

The Angry Birds video points out one of the things I keep trying to tell you young people: Dont support bad business practices.

In the video they state that in 2019 Angry Birds was removed from peoples phones. How? Because YOU dont own the game. YOU are just allowed to play it.

In the halcyon days of gaming, YOU bought a fully made perfectly working game and YOU owned it for life. You could put Coh1 on any PC you wanted, whenever you wanted. You could go to your friends house and install it on his/her PC and spend a weekend playing.

And like the frog in the boiling pot, all of those options have slowly disappeared because of retardation and FOMO.

Now you buy some half assed garbage that is full of bugs, requires a network connection that could be severed at the drop of a hat, is riddled with MTX, etc, etc, etc.

You have willingly given away your rights.

Examples WE should have learned from 1984:
1) Games - YOU gave up all of your rights.
2) Facebook - YOU gave away all of your personal information.
3) Cell Phone - YOU gave the govt a microphone, camera, and GPS to track you at all times.

I dont play games besides Coh2 for many reasons. A main one is that I dont believe I should have to hire a lawyer to figure out how my butthole is going to be touched/inspected if I play said games.

I have never made a facebook account.

Right now I have several cameras facing me and microphones listening to me (iPad, iPhone, Webcam, USB Mic). I too have failed humanity.

A main failing of humans is thinking the people in charge have things under control. They will not let bad things happen to us.

Some 65 year old lady from BFE is not going to be up on the latest gaming trends that are screwing young people. Even if she is, it will take years for her to investigate and cultivate some control of these practices. By then it is too late.

As a human being, it is YOUR responsibility to not fall into these thirst traps. Dont be some FOMO bitch. Stand up for your rights.

That is why I was saying early on "We should all be asking for our money back" when it comes to Coh3. Your only power as a consumer is to NOT BUY the product. You need to leverage your only voice whenever possible.

EDIT:
An example of consumer power is the Music/MP3 situation. Since the dawn of music, people could copy said music. You could make a physical copy (lower quality) and you could play the music yourself. The record industry grew and grew despite the fact people could copy the music.

Along came decent cassette tape. Now you could make pretty good copies of all the music you wanted and cassettes were relatively cheap. The record industry continued to grow.

Then the digital age hit. Now people could make nearly identical copies as the originals for free. Music sharing apps popped up all over and the whiny record companies started crying like little bitches. "We are losing money". Why? Recording music for free was not a new thing? It has been around for decades.

Companies started creating programs that would lock down control of the music you bought digitally. As an example if you bought Microsoft Music, you lost ALL of your music when Microsoft yanked the plug on the servers. You as a consumer gave up all of your rights when you bought this music. You dont own shit. Your just a punk bitch.

And none of the streaming and digital key locking of music made any difference, you can still just record it on your PC whenever you want (Stereo Mix/2nd PC/etc). But it will cost you the time of doing it in an analog manner.

Most people dont want an entire album. They want one song. They are not going to pay $15 for one song. Especially if they can steal it for free.

The Music Industry was forced to make a change. Instead of forcing you to pay $15 for a whole album of songs you dont want, they started offering $1 hits. And then streaming started to make it super convenient for you to get the product.

The way media has to work is:
- The companies have to provide a great product.
- The product has to be cheaper than it would cost for you to steal it. (Time/Money).

Video games have gone the complete opposite way. You are getting less and less everyday because you cant steal the game. And why is this? Because the FOMO retards let it happen.

No one should have bought the first video games that required a network connection. No one should have bought a Steam game when it first started. I was very vocal with friends when Steam was introduced "You are screwing everyone when you buy that game. You are the problem."

I hear all these cucks whining about "This is just how games are now" and they make me want to puke. Dont buy the games and they wont be trash my low foreheaded friends. Have some self control you little sissy FOMO whores.

#FightThePower
25 Apr 2023, 09:13 AM

I'm surprised why SEGA hasn't returned the ability to buy the game in Russia yet. So a very large community of СoH players and strategies. And the game is clearly going through hard times. Look at GW: GW initially banned the sale of Darktide and allowed it before release.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 778
unknown 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment