Login

russian armor

CoH 3 Allies 4v4

11 Mar 2023, 16:13 PM

Hey guys I guess I need help. :help:

At the moment my friends and I play a lot of allied 4v4 in CoH3. (Since this is the only way to find a game without waiting for 15 Minutes or so.) But although we have experience from CoH2 (1.400h on my side) and the advantage of an arranged team, we struggle hard even against lower ranked players.

Most of the time it goes like this: Two of us go mid, both sides get to play their 1v1. We win a lot of early engagements, prepare the frontline with MGs and stuff, only to get overwhelmed by massed infantry like Bersaglieri, close range PG or 250s with flamers. Somehow we hold on to the battle and can do a few good runs with light vehicles, but we are not able to secure the territories long time. Again, mostly because of massed infantry like Jäger Shreck blobs, Lufftwaffe pioneers with launchers or other stuff, only to face a medium tank pack. The end game then is so chaotic (I know 4v4...) that my PAKs get artied, or a loiter kicks in and so on. But in my opinion this would not be the problem if we would perform better in the early stages.

On a side note: I absolutely hate to mass infantry or blob. Normally I send my inf in groups of two, try to flank or fight from cover.

My build orders are normally:
UKF (Air and sea operation doctrine): HMG, T1, IS, IS, IS, T2, Humber or Stuart; medic tent, grenade upgrade if necessary
USF (Airborne doctrine): Scout, Scout, T2, HMG, mechanized upgrade, Quad; medic tent if necessrary

Is there some general advice you can give for 4v4, e.g. building a ress cache asap, or focussing on two victory points, or something? And how am I supposed to fight massed infantry, without massing myself?

Maybe I/we just have to ltp, have more map awareness and have to build more infantry to fight back, but perhaps you have some advice, so I can learn.

I hope I could make my points clear, thanks in advance for the responses.

Cheers!

TL/DR: I want to get better at allied 4v4 :)
1 Apr 2023, 14:48 PM

If you play with a team, you need to have at least 3 players be Brits, pretty much. US is borked in 4v4 and a very difficult/technical faction to play without blobbing or spamming.

My best successes as US in 4v4 come from builds where I get assault engineers, skip T1 and tech T2, then get 2 ass engis and 2 MGs. Throw in a sniper and bazooka squad, build MG bunkers and mortar bunkers, get the M16 AA then AT truck ASAP then skip T3 and tech straight to T4 and rush 2 shermans, then get 76mm upgrade.

You're basically support for your teammates. You need 2 MGs because CoH3 MGs lose to blobs, you need MG bunkers to support your MGs, you need the sniper to actually deal damage, and you need the bazooka squad as a stopgap and protection for your backline.

Basically you play bite and hold. The brits attack and bite, and you secure the territory with bunkers and hold while the brit goes elsewhere.

This is the only successful way to play that I've found if you don't blob riflemen. It's either blob v. blob or you spam machineguns to counter them.
3 Apr 2023, 00:26 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Keep in mind the map, too.

Winter Line has a concentration of fuel and two VPs on the bottom of the map. Two players going mid on that map isn't great because you're losing the time war. The faster and longer you're ticking your opponents' VPs down the less amount of late game armor and OP off-maps they can call in.
23 May 2023, 04:47 AM

Hey guys I guess I need help. :help:

At the moment my friends and I play a lot of allied 4v4 in CoH3. (Since this is the only way to find a game without waiting for 15 Minutes or so.) But although we have experience from CoH2 (1.400h on my side) and the advantage of an arranged team, we struggle hard even against lower ranked players.

Most of the time it goes like this: Two of us go mid, both sides get to play their 1v1. We win a lot of early engagements, prepare the frontline with MGs and stuff, only to get overwhelmed by massed infantry like Bersaglieri, close range PG or 250s with flamers. Somehow we hold on to the battle and can do a few good runs with light vehicles, but we are not able to secure the territories long time. Again, mostly because of massed infantry like Jäger Shreck blobs, Lufftwaffe pioneers with launchers or other stuff, only to face a medium tank pack. The end game then is so chaotic (I know 4v4...) that my PAKs get artied, or a loiter kicks in and so on. But in my opinion this would not be the problem if we would perform better in the early stages.

On a side note: I absolutely hate to mass infantry or blob. Normally I send my inf in groups of two, try to flank or fight from cover.

My build orders are normally:
UKF (Air and sea operation doctrine): HMG, T1, IS, IS, IS, T2, Humber or Stuart; medic tent, grenade upgrade if necessary
USF (Airborne doctrine): Scout, Scout, T2, HMG, mechanized upgrade, Quad; medic tent if necessrary

Is there some general advice you can give for 4v4, e.g. building a ress cache asap, or focussing on two victory points, or something? And how am I supposed to fight massed infantry, without massing myself?

Maybe I/we just have to ltp, have more map awareness and have to build more infantry to fight back, but perhaps you have some advice, so I can learn.

I hope I could make my points clear, thanks in advance for the responses.

Cheers!

TL/DR: I want to get better at allied 4v4 :)

I wouldn't skip the Dingo, as it can cause a lot of bleed. If you're getting overrun by blobs, consider a second Vickers and one less Section. A quick resource cache is always a bad idea unless your opponents are terrible.
23 May 2023, 06:02 AM
Donator 22

your USF build looks strange, as it completely lacks early Infantry (I do not count the scout). Or did you forget to include that?

Coming from Coh2 team games, I find team moves far more powerful in COH3. Joint pushes with air support can pretty often turn the tide.
But it is hard to pull off, as patience ,until all is ready, is not in great supply.

I would like to play against you and tell you more after that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★