Login

russian armor

Random Names

5 Mar 2023, 04:26 AM

Im testing this idea to make soldiers individual to their squad. So simply put, the sbps is just one soldier and you can put multiple together to make custom squads. And i dont like how each engineer for example, is called "Combat Engineer Squad", I know I can change the name of the squad to be something like "Combat Engineer" but i want it to instead be the persons name, so you can differentiate your soldiers from one another. So when you go and make that Engineer his names is "Sergey Nagovitsyn" or "Vladimir Vysotsky".

Thank you for your time.
6 Mar 2023, 15:59 PM
Modmaker Badge

There's a few ways to do this but none of them are particularly clean. You'll also run into the issue of having to create a rather large bank of names to prevent duplicates from occurring often.

Random_action
Random action is what you'll be using to randomize the squads. Each sub action ha a weight which is explained in the description in AE. Add all squads with custom names to this action.

1. Reinforcement ability
By using an ability this has the benefit of preserving the rally point. The downside is that it cannot be queued. You can offset this by using more reinforcements to spawn more squads per ability use.

2. Production buildings
Buildings, by default, cannot spawn random squads. Instead you'll have to make a dummy squad. In the dummy squad use the random_action then make_dead; the order of actions matter so make sure it's make_dead last. Unfortunately rally points are not preserved as the dummy unit is killed, however this allows for queuing.

3. UI modifier icon
Instead of having the randomized names within the squad itself you could have them in a modifier icon (the same kind that are used for buffs). You could even have unique portraits for each soldier and each can be visible within a squad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment